PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] mg_Citychase

Simmons1114
26 Apr 2010, 12:34pm
im making a map for minigames server

its gonna be a sliderace hybrid map

A large number of cts chase a small number of ts over roof tops, down streets through subways and such. At some points the ts will have to use a small amount of teamwork to avoid the cts. I will make three differant paths for 3 different ts and they meet up at several points.
The ts wont have weapons so they will have no choice but to run. The cts will only have knives, the ts will get a headstart. If the ts reach the end first press a button to kill all the ppl still on the paths.
If a ct arrives at the same time they fight as the t will be given a gun.

plz give advise and such to help

Lemonstein
26 Apr 2010, 01:25pm
sounds really interesting
it could be nice if you could run on the roof and then jump down in the street. Ts could have no fall damage while CTs would get hurt if they jumped down too often

Simmons1114
26 Apr 2010, 03:35pm
i just had the best ideas ever lets just say their will be helicopters alien abductions eploding buildings sliding down a falling scyscraper and boss fights with alien overlords with all that i mentioned before

im almost 40% done ill put up some screenshots soon

Simmons1114
26 Apr 2010, 04:56pm
about 60% done i need someone to teach me how to add custom sounds to a map

in a way that doesnt require everyone to download the sound file seperatly i tried pakrat it doesnt work

Whazaaaaa
26 Apr 2010, 11:53pm
about 60% done i need someone to teach me how to add custom sounds to a map

in a way that doesnt require everyone to download the sound file seperatly i tried pakrat it doesnt work

Well believe it or not but pakrat is kinda the only way to let people have the sound file without seperatly having it to download. Could you tell me why you it wont work? cant you find the sounds or whatever?

Simmons1114
28 Apr 2010, 05:05pm
Well believe it or not but pakrat is kinda the only way to let people have the sound file without seperatly having it to download. Could you tell me why you it wont work? cant you find the sounds or whatever?

yeah i would add the sound using a ambient_generic test it, it would work then i would add the sound file to the map using pakrat it would increase the maps file size other ppl would download the map but they wouldnt be able to hear the sounds. Im pretty sure im doing something wrong i just dont know what.

Micro
28 Apr 2010, 06:25pm
Sounds like it will be a great map, can't wait to see the finished product:D.

Simmons1114
29 Apr 2010, 07:40am
The map has taken a bit of turn instead of a small amount of ts being chased by a large amount of cts its a equal amount of ts and cts escaping a alien invasion then getting abducted

its about 80% done

mapper
29 Apr 2010, 09:36am
pics please=)

KScorp
29 Apr 2010, 07:17pm
That sounds much better. That get's the balancing sorted out, and only leaves the "making it fun" part.

Simmons1114
30 Apr 2010, 05:47pm
yeah ive been trying to add all sorts of fun things to do my only worry is that the map wont be long enough so im trying to add some length