PDA

View Full Version : [AAP] Communication Improvements



Haggard
24 Apr 2010, 09:22pm
First, I would like to acknowledge that in recent months the channel of communication within this community has slipped and the Board takes responsibility for this. We plan to correct this with our new "Advisers Agenda Program."

The Advisers Agenda Program
This program is designed to improve communications between the players and the Staff that runs SteamGamers. If successfully implemented it will help the Board of Directors keep informed of important issues and make sure that all proposals/suggestions are seen through to an end result. Here are the changes that make up the AAP:

1) Community Advisers will meet weekly to discuss hot topics, proposals, admin applications and discuss the progress of prior items still pending. The CA's will take that information and make a Weekly Agenda for the Board of Directors.

2) The Board of directors will meet every Sunday to review and discuss this Agenda, implement approved proposals and update the status of pending items.

3) The Board will frequently post updates to the community informing them of what is being worked on, voted on, and implemented.

I know these are only a few changes but I feel they are a step in the right direction. For this to work we need the support of all current staff and need you, the players, to feel free to express your wants/ideas for the future of this great community.

Prez
24 Apr 2010, 09:23pm
Thank you so much! I think this is going to benefit the community in many, many ways. Great job!

Cookie
24 Apr 2010, 09:25pm
Very nice [borat voice]

Micro
24 Apr 2010, 09:35pm
No matter how small the change in the end it will make a differnece.

Bethy
24 Apr 2010, 09:36pm
Is there a set date you want us to start this? Or a set date for the meetings that will be taking place?

b0red
24 Apr 2010, 09:46pm
What are these "hot topics"?

VirDeBello
24 Apr 2010, 09:50pm
I'll be here for tomorrow's meeting :D

Irish
24 Apr 2010, 09:56pm
Haggard said it will start next week, so we will have the regular meeting and then go over every thing else too.

Vird we do not have a meeting tomorrow. That starts next week then we go to the weekly meetings again.

week 1 - discuss promote SGA/create BD agenda

week 2 promote SA's/ create BD agenda

Metal
24 Apr 2010, 10:04pm
Sounds sweet.

Kuro
24 Apr 2010, 10:13pm
good luck

TheTruth
24 Apr 2010, 10:18pm
Nice! Can't wait to see the updates :P

Veggie
24 Apr 2010, 10:25pm
Great to see this being implemented!

kabLe
24 Apr 2010, 10:49pm
Like Veggie said, great to see ideas like this be put into place. Shows that the community is starting to take a step in the right direction and hopefully everyone is on-board!

Nasu
25 Apr 2010, 02:32am
Thanks! =)

Shadowex3
25 Apr 2010, 03:45am
I was wondering why we had a new forum that nobody had made a "Item One: World Domination" post in yet.

If I understand this correctly though basically CAs have an extra meeting and at both meetings we'll also go over whatever we think should be brought to the Board's attention and compile it in said Agenda forum?

Tcp-Kill
25 Apr 2010, 06:06am
I was wondering why we had a new forum that nobody had made a "Item One: World Domination" post in yet.

If I understand this correctly though basically CAs have an extra meeting and at both meetings we'll also go over whatever we think should be brought to the Board's attention and compile it in said Agenda forum?

At the end of the Admin program meeting you guys will draw up a list for us.

mapper
25 Apr 2010, 06:24am
I'm wondering what ideas this community can come up with =D
Keep it going.

Jazz
25 Apr 2010, 07:25am
Decent idea d00ds. Hope it will be succesful. My idea may not be about communication, but I think we need to get more AO's to look at the Map Suggestions/Removal section, since it's important to add maps that people like or remove bad maps.

Captain Sparrow
25 Apr 2010, 08:24am
Thanks =D

Good job ^^

Zaraki
25 Apr 2010, 08:26am
Nice, changes are coming...
I hope the CA's won't be overworked after those meetings :p

Shadowex3
25 Apr 2010, 02:17pm
I'm wondering what ideas this community can come up with =D
Keep it going.

First order of bidness is an SG Pimps and Sexy Bitches calendar to raise money. So far we got Vir, Haggard, and Spartan in Sub/Dom outfits...

Ketch
25 Apr 2010, 02:28pm
About time. :gtturtle:

Drox
25 Apr 2010, 02:42pm
nice ;p

b0red
25 Apr 2010, 02:59pm
SG car wash

Bob Loblaw
25 Apr 2010, 05:43pm
First order of bidness is an SG Pimps and Sexy Bitches calendar to raise money. So far we got Vir, Haggard, and Spartan in Sub/Dom outfits...

Lmfao. Sounds like a great idea!

Caution
25 Apr 2010, 05:47pm
I'd just like to say that if any SA's or lower have any idea they would like to be presented at the CA meeting, please don't hesitate to message me. I will take your message forward. I don't want to be one of those inactive CA's... :P

P3rg3
1 Jul 2010, 01:18pm
So how is this program going.

Bethy
1 Jul 2010, 03:27pm
So how is this program going.

Pretty good actually, we just need to find more for the BD's to do.

Bob Loblaw
1 Jul 2010, 03:57pm
Pretty much everything that's been brought up to better the community has been brought up in the Advisers Agenda, then discussed among us on whether or not it would work. Then if we feel it would, it gets sent to the BDs for approval.

So to answer your question, and like Beth said, pretty good actually.

P3rg3
1 Jul 2010, 04:37pm
3) The Board will frequently post updates to the community informing them of what is being worked on, voted on, and implemented.


I seem to be misunderstanding the program then?
Not trying to be a troll, but I haven't seen big improvements on that matter.

Caution
1 Jul 2010, 04:51pm
There was an announcement made a bit ago with some updates. While I admit they aren't mad often (maybe just that one time lol), it's really not on the CA end at that point; it's up to the BD's to post it (some of us try to keep you guys informed as possible).. This agenda program is honestly one of the greatest things that has ever happened to this community (IMO).

P3rg3
1 Jul 2010, 04:56pm
There was an announcement made a bit ago with some updates. While I admit they aren't mad often (maybe just that one time lol), it's really not on the CA end at that point; it's up to the BD's to post it (some of us try to keep you guys informed as possible).. This agenda program is honestly one of the greatest things that has ever happened to this community (IMO).

Yeah, that's true.
However, it's been over a month since that announcement.
I was trying to point out that I didn't notice any difference, other then that announcement.
I don't know any of the CA's, so maybe it's just me that doesn't get the updates then.

I was just wondering, hey perhaps nothing changed in the meanwhile, but we (SA's) don't know that either.
I agree, this program is great, but I hope you guys keep updating us.

Tweezy
1 Jul 2010, 05:01pm
I seem to be misunderstanding the program then?
Not trying to be a troll, but I haven't seen big improvements on that matter.

You haven't been reading the announcement section then? I would of thought SourceBans was a big update/improvement to SG

P3rg3
1 Jul 2010, 05:02pm
You haven't been reading the announcement section then? I would of thought SourceBans was a big update/improvement to SG

You haven't been reading this thread then?
Look at the first post.

Caution
1 Jul 2010, 05:40pm
I don't know any of the CA's, so maybe it's just me that doesn't get the updates then.

Just send me a visitor message or something if you're curious about what got discussed / brought up at the agenda. I doubt the BD's will make an announcement every time, so I guess it's pretty much word of mouth.

P3rg3
1 Jul 2010, 05:45pm
Just send me a visitor message or something if you're curious about what got discussed / brought up at the agenda. I doubt the BD's will make an announcement every time, so I guess it's pretty much word of mouth.

Thanks, will do.

XeNo
1 Jul 2010, 06:35pm
LG's attend the meetings as well you know, you can talk to Beth about it as well.

From what I understand, we're in process of transferring to a better Admin plugin, as well as better forum which is well over-do, they're working on the site already and I should hope by the end of the month we'll be on v4.

Bob Loblaw
1 Jul 2010, 06:58pm
In all honesty, a lot of suggestions get rejected. When this happens it's usually just posted in the thread that this idea was rejected. There isn't much of a reason to make every denied suggestion it's own announcement lol.

That's why if you don't really know what's been suggested, you won't be able to really follow whether it's been accepted or rejected.

High
1 Jul 2010, 07:20pm
And if you check threads in rules discussions or server suggestions, usually I will update on those suggestions if the board rejects them. They are usually brought into the agenda.

Tcp-Kill
2 Jul 2010, 01:32am
We didn't want to post a thread every week as that is spam, but every now and again we may post to let you know what we have done.