PDA

View Full Version : For all the RTS players in SG

Dracula
20 Apr 2010, 07:36pm
http://www.gamereplays.org/portals.php?show=page&name=3-easy-ways-to-tell-youre-an-rts-noob

One of my favorite things on there in a while.

Micro
20 Apr 2010, 07:41pm
lol i love the M.A.M sign, Mothers Against Micro.

McCallum
20 Apr 2010, 07:44pm
Well, I can easily remember the first step. I just bought StarCraft a few months ago and after finishing a few simple missions, I decided to play online. Stupid... I got rushed before I could even setup any bases. Fail.

Anyway, I plan on playing StarCraft again, but do you have any suggestions for newbie RTS gamers? Which game should I start with?

Dracula
20 Apr 2010, 07:47pm
Well, I can easily remember the first step. I just bought StarCraft a few months ago and after finishing a few simple missions, I decided to play online. Stupid... I got rushed before I could even setup any bases. Fail.

Anyway, I plan on playing StarCraft again, but do you have any suggestions for newbie RTS gamers? Which game should I start with?

Kennith
22 Apr 2010, 12:05pm
I've seen this, was pretty hilarious.

Lux
22 Apr 2010, 02:12pm
Rule 2 should be PM'd to all CoH players in SG

Zealot
23 Apr 2010, 11:24am
NR20 NR20 NR20

Hope someone gets where that's from.

The only one I do is #1 on occasion. The video at the end is fucking beast.

KScorp
26 Apr 2010, 04:13pm
I used to play RTS a hell of a lot, but I basically failed in all three points. I never was a "serious" RTS player, so I liked to lounge around, and hole myself up. :rlol:

But with SC2 around the corner, maybe I'll pick it up again.

Movement
26 Apr 2010, 04:57pm
Rule 2 :biggrin: I always camp first and build up an army, then rush through. It would make the games hours long :laugh:

Intelligence
26 Apr 2010, 04:57pm
Thats really helpful. should be PM'd to all SG members that play AOE or other crap like that.

Lux
27 Apr 2010, 03:09pm
Thats really helpful. should be PM'd to all SG members that play AOE or other crap like that.

It is quite Age of Empires relevant.

I never played AOE3 as it sucked but over the many years of playing AOE2 if you wanted to succeed being quick was key. You needed both heavy skill in eco and micro.....it was usually the micro part that caught me out but at that age I never used hotkeys so no wonder.....

It was easier to just play death match (near to unlimited resources)...all you do is hotkey spam create units on the 20+ buildings you have built and just click them to fight.

Nasu
28 Apr 2010, 08:14am
:sad2:

Micro
29 Apr 2010, 05:10am
This thread still has people talkin?

SgtJoo
4 May 2010, 04:57am
I lold :p

Intelligence
5 May 2010, 01:49pm
I lold :p

Really long Bump bro.

SgtJoo
5 May 2010, 01:50pm
Really long Bump bro.

Hardly a necro, especially by RTS section standards. :yawn:

Ganzta
5 May 2010, 10:57pm
lol ZERG RUSH!!
YOU HAXXOR!!

(von dutch) delta force 8
6 May 2010, 06:05am
I Usually made an early army ov villagers to annoy the crap out of my opponent, kinda paralize his eco for a sec, it was relly fun to hear them scream noob, villie bitch and all kinda other slangss :p

Frostbyte
6 May 2010, 01:18pm
It is quite Age of Empires relevant.

I never played AOE3 as it sucked but over the many years of playing AOE2 if you wanted to succeed being quick was key. You needed both heavy skill in eco and micro.....it was usually the micro part that caught me out but at that age I never used hotkeys so no wonder.....

It was easier to just play death match (near to unlimited resources)...all you do is hotkey spam create units on the 20+ buildings you have built and just click them to fight.

Janissaries were so fucking OP in AoE 2. They shot over my elaborately angled castle walls and I was on the verge of ragequitting.

Lux
9 May 2010, 03:35pm
Janissaries were so fucking OP in AoE 2. They shot over my elaborately angled castle walls and I was on the verge of ragequitting.

When you had loads of them I agree....OP.

In some of the custom maps I used to play you could be marching around with 50+ Janissaries.........GG.

opium101
16 May 2010, 11:00am
lulz epic pic xDxD

rokart
17 May 2010, 01:29pm
what's the fun in a rush? it just ends a game too quickly. I like to expand to take my share of territorial gain or resources then tech and hole myself up and watch the other players' attempt at an offensive then maul them over when they waste their units.