PDA

View Full Version : thinking of rearming gm_bigcity for SG

spartan 117
17 Apr 2010, 10:25am
the question is though... should i spend an hour doing it and would sg accept it? it is a very large map and when there are less then max it may become rather headacheing. if anyone thinks i should re arm a different non ttt map then tell me which one.

KScorp
27 Apr 2010, 07:41pm
That map is MASSIVE. It would end up being an enormous sniper-fest, and easy as hell for traitors to get away with kills. That, and the fact you can easily hide.

So definitely no. I think it's a waste of time.

mNote
27 Apr 2010, 08:51pm
dm_richland is a good candidate for any one who wants to re-arm a map for the TTT server.

RP maps are usually way too big for the TTT game mode.

spartan 117
30 Apr 2010, 10:05pm
richland it is

Redcow
3 May 2010, 07:59pm
the question is though... should i spend an hour doing it and would sg accept it? it is a very large map and when there are less then max it may become rather headacheing. if anyone thinks i should re arm a different non ttt map then tell me which one.

If it only takes an hour to re-arm a map, which isn't even that long, it shouldn't be a huge headache.

Plus to place weapons and spawn points is extremely easy, shouldn't be a huge hassle.

You may want to ask the owner for permission before decompiling his map, though.

spartan 117
3 May 2010, 08:03pm
If it only takes an hour to re-arm a map, which isn't even that long, it shouldn't be a huge headache.

Plus to place weapons and spawn points is extremely easy, shouldn't be a huge hassle.

You may want to ask the owner for permission before decompiling his map, though.

who said anything about decompliling?

Redcow
3 May 2010, 10:12pm
who said anything about decompliling?

Unless you created the map. (Or there's another way to "rearm" a map to place entities?)

Nasu
4 May 2010, 06:40am
Unless you created the map. (Or there's another way to "rearm" a map to place entities?)

TTT gives a tool in sandbox mode, check the website http://ttt.badking.net/rearm-guide