PDA

View Full Version : Calling all map makers/modders

The Commissar
5 Mar 2008, 11:06am
Hey guys.

I was sat here last night, with a glass of whiskey and a good book.

The book i was reading was the original battle royale. If any of you havent seen the film/watched the book, the simple story is:

A class of school kids are dumped on an island and given weapons to kill each other with them.

Now I sat there and pondered for a moment, would this be possible on CSS?

Just thinking of a map at the moment, a jungle based map, many booby traps, no buy zones, just weapons randomly scattered across the map ranging from knives and glocks, to awps and autos. You have to run, find a weapon, and kill everyone else. Make alliances if you may, but to win the round u have to kill them in the end.

I am a terrible map maker, never ghot hammer to fully work on my laptop, but i waswondering if their are any computer masters out their that could make it a reality. This map could be adapted for the napalm server maybe, but would be more apt as a standard CSS map.

What do you all think?

Commissar

James
5 Mar 2008, 11:18am
What the fuck is this dope smoker talking about?

EvInReaLife
5 Mar 2008, 01:13pm
I know what hes talking about, and its a good idea commissar.

I would make it a reality, but im tied up with my escape map.

Paladin
5 Mar 2008, 02:28pm
A brilliant idea. I have watched Battle Royale, one and two and have read both of the novels. I think it would be an excellent concept for a map.

Jaffa
5 Mar 2008, 03:16pm
Stick FF on so you can attack everyone

The Commissar
5 Mar 2008, 03:22pm
james is just pissy cus we owned him on the gungame...oh wait...err...hmmm..ok..hes just cocky cus he raped us.

Watch battle royal james, u might like.

but then again, you probably wont.

But thanks for the feedback guys, anyone want to make it, u can take all credit for it, i just wanna see a map like that on the field.

Jaffa
5 Mar 2008, 06:09pm
If you were inspired by battle royale, don't ever watch battle royale 2...

The Commissar
5 Mar 2008, 06:22pm
i saw it.. :'(
almost as bad as starship trooper 2.

battle royal was awesome, battle royale 2 was like giving an army of fucked up emo jap kids guns and telling them their livesare over..oh wait...thats what they did..

James
6 Mar 2008, 03:34am
haha, what was that? 25-2 I seem to recall :O must be my hacks playing up again :P

The Commissar
6 Mar 2008, 04:02am
those damn james hacks, they were better then standard admin hax...

james personal hax agenda comes to light.

p.s watch battle royal

Saxe
6 Mar 2008, 10:44am
Brilliant idea Commissar - I didn't knew such great ideas could come from such a retarded individual :D

Italian Jew
6 Mar 2008, 12:17pm
sounds like an ol' fashioned deathmatch game :D

Some people would be like "WT!? Fight for myself!?" but that's how online shooters got started. The problem would be getting everyone on a separate team, because if FF was on, you would just be killing your teammates giving you a negative score. I guess it could be golf rules with everyone on the same team and lowest score wins... XD Would have to be on an unranked server though, because people would obsess over their ranks.

Itch
6 Mar 2008, 12:36pm
sounds like an ol' fashioned deathmatch game :D

Some people would be like "WT!? Fight for myself!?" but that's how online shooters got started. The problem would be getting everyone on a separate team, because if FF was on, you would just be killing your teammates giving you a negative score. I guess it could be golf rules with everyone on the same team and lowest score wins... XD Would have to be on an unranked server though, because people would obsess over their ranks.

I love the map idea.. I just think that Italian is onto something.. This map would probably be better suited to a game that isn't team based such as Unreal Tournament..

EvInReaLife
6 Mar 2008, 02:36pm
But this wouldnt be considered a CS map, it would be a FightYard(fy) map, because you pick up weapons ;)

h4mx0r
9 Mar 2008, 08:22pm
THe alliances part won't work because everyone's going to open fire on people before they can even communicate.

Also, the fact that everyone has a gun changes the whole playing field. Keep in mind that in Battle Royale, only a limited few have an actual weapon.

I already thought of this idea a year or two back. I believe it can only be truly achieved by a stand alone mod.