PDA

View Full Version : Angel Beats

High
11 Apr 2010, 09:26am
Interesting new show from the guys responsible for clannad kanon and air. Its got a strange vibe and a lot of humor, and a female terminator character.

wiki. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel_Beats)

Dante
11 Apr 2010, 10:01am
yeah i started watching it, it's pretty good so far, keeping me interested.

Zaraki
11 Apr 2010, 10:19am
Yeah, saw it on "recently added series" on animeseason.

Looks pretty good, but there are new ones that are really good too, so we'll have to watch them all :p

Metal
11 Apr 2010, 02:12pm
i love it atm.
I just hope he gets to be a kick ass mofo

Kuro
11 Apr 2010, 07:09pm
most of these shows i dl but dont watch till like months later

Zaraki
12 Apr 2010, 03:35am
Watched the first 2 eps...

This is amazing :p
In the start, the storyline isn't always clear, but it's funny

Metal
12 Apr 2010, 06:10am
Watched the first 2 eps...

This is amazing :p
In the start, the storyline isn't always clear, but it's funny

The story is clear to me.
They died and they are in that world.
"That" group are the ones that fight while the other people act normal.

They must kill Angel, but im sure they join teams to kill a greater evil or something

Bullet Wound
12 Apr 2010, 07:53am
The story is clear to me.
They died and they are in that world.
"That" group are the ones that fight while the other people act normal.

They must kill Angel, but im sure they join teams to kill a greater evil or something

Not kill Angel, just fight her, as soon as they stop fighting against her they disappear. Shes like the rest of them - she can't die.

Metal
12 Apr 2010, 08:39am
Not kill Angel, just fight her, as soon as they stop fighting against her they disappear. Shes like the rest of them - she can't die.

My bad

Zealot
28 Apr 2010, 09:22am
Really good so far. Minus the fact they plug an all girl j-rock band, which EVERY anime has done to death.

Metal
28 Apr 2010, 11:01am
Really good so far. Minus the fact they plug an all girl j-rock band, which EVERY anime has done to death.

NO ONE CARES!!!!!
XD i love it.

Kuro
28 Apr 2010, 11:55am
really? well if fullmetal likes it it must be good.

Metal
28 Apr 2010, 12:04pm
The reason why it is good.

They must continue to fight to stay alive.
If they are able to accept who they are and understand life they will go bye bye.
So far only 1 had gone bye bye while a few are on edge

Kuro
28 Apr 2010, 12:07pm
hmmm sounds kinda serious.. i really haven't been into serious shit lately.

Zealot
28 Apr 2010, 01:05pm
NO ONE CARES!!!!!
XD i love it.

You creamed for K-On season 2 didn't you:rlol:

I dunno I think its over done, every OP/ED has a song/dance thing now as well.

Bullet Wound
28 Apr 2010, 07:30pm
The reason why it is good.

They must continue to fight to stay alive.
If they are able to accept who they are and understand life they will go bye bye.
So far only 1 had gone bye bye while a few are on edge

I think its more of a "they're there to finish their last regret" sort of deal.

Girl with music wanted to play that emotional song.
Guy wanted to finally catch that one ball he missed.

None others have come up with, and for now the main character is safe cause he doesn't even know who he is.

Zealot
28 Apr 2010, 09:28pm
I think its more of a "they're there to finish their last regret" sort of deal.

Girl with music wanted to play that emotional song.
Guy wanted to finally catch that one ball he missed.

None others have come up with, and for now the main character is safe cause he doesn't even know who he is.

What about Yurripe then? She has to find the valuables? What a shitty way to go.

Bullet Wound
28 Apr 2010, 09:32pm
What about Yurripe then? She has to find the valuables? What a shitty way to go.

Well no, her regret is not saving her siblings....her not getting the valuables was just the reason she couldn't, so chances are if she ever goes its because she sacrifices herself for the group/the main character.

Micro
29 Apr 2010, 05:00am
Seems really good. :D

Zealot
29 Apr 2010, 09:00pm
Well no, her regret is not saving her siblings....her not getting the valuables was just the reason she couldn't, so chances are if she ever goes its because she sacrifices herself for the group/the main character.

But the others was the one final thing they couldn't do, finding valuables was the one thing she couldn't do to save her siblings. Your answer is probably right though.

Metal
7 May 2010, 09:57pm
new ep is out.

I enjoyed it.
needs more action still

Zealot
12 May 2010, 01:09am
Lol angel and the tofu was hilarious. Really shaping up to be an awesome series. I wonder if the gear sonic has a dildo form.

Bullet Wound
12 May 2010, 10:53am
Lol angel and the tofu was hilarious. Really shaping up to be an awesome series. I wonder if the gear sonic has a dildo form.

Did you seriously just say that.....

And I agree, great series.

Metal
12 May 2010, 11:01am

& they say im bad lol

PowStriker
12 May 2010, 06:49pm
Guys...dont be alarmed but... I FINALLY FINISHED MY CONICS PROJECT YESSS... no more math :D I can finally start watching anime again rofl without freakin out about school work :D Sooo I guess it's about time i started this show huh ^.^ you guys enjoyin it so far? what's it comparable to if anything?

Zealot
12 May 2010, 09:06pm
Did you seriously just say that.....

And I agree, great series.

It was a joke holy shit haterssss

Metal
14 May 2010, 10:42pm
Sad ep....

Zealot
17 May 2010, 12:34am
2 ANGELS

2DG
17 May 2010, 01:51pm
Wow, ep 7 was actually really sad, you actually feel sad for that guy...
Anyway, theres only 12 episodes so only 5 more episodes.

Zaraki
17 May 2010, 03:04pm
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO only 12? my angel heart has been broken :"(

Metal
17 May 2010, 03:16pm
AB might go into a 2nd season

Kennith
17 May 2010, 03:27pm
The shorter the series the better I always say. 12-24 is the perfect amount.

Metal
17 May 2010, 03:30pm

depends on the story.
Ermentar Gerad is a good one also

Kennith
17 May 2010, 03:34pm
depends on the story.
Ermentar Gerad is a good one also

Well its just the ones that extend past this usually contains ton of useless and unnecessary fan service events that give little to no carry to any of the character's characteristics other than their usual given quirks of any basic mainstream anime there is just so they can make as much money as possible and slowly suck the series dry of everything it's worth. Everything that extends beyond this should only be included in the OAV/OVAs. Yea, I enjoy some comic relief, but some are just not funny at all and makes me wonder how many more times it'll be used before people finally say, haven't I laughed at this about 20 times already?

2DG
25 May 2010, 05:54am

Truer words are yet to be said.
I never enjoyed long animes, it's just... boring always the same.
I enjoyed darker than black the most and I believe it was 24 episodes.

Metal
25 May 2010, 06:09am
Truer words are yet to be said.
I never enjoyed long animes, it's just... boring always the same.
I enjoyed darker than black the most and I believe it was 24 episodes.

E7,FM,DBZ,.hack//

2DG
25 May 2010, 11:50am
E7,FM,DBZ,.hack//

none of them were fun to me.

PowStriker
25 May 2010, 12:49pm
Shorter animes are better imo. Theres a lot less repetition and like no fillers :D which is great lol... like Elfen Lied and Hellsing, both i thought were amazing lol... only 13 episode a piece :D

Metal
25 May 2010, 01:28pm
Shorter animes are better imo. Theres a lot less repetition and like no fillers :D which is great lol... like Elfen Lied and Hellsing, both i thought were amazing lol... only 13 episode a piece :D

It all depends on the story.
Some anime can only be a OVA with 3 eps and still be good.
FMA was the 1st anime i really watched.

PowStriker
25 May 2010, 02:17pm
It all depends on the story.
Some anime can only be a OVA with 3 eps and still be good.
FMA was the 1st anime i really watched.

3 episodes is a short anime, isnt it? point proven :D

An_Orange
28 May 2010, 07:23pm
This is a really good anime has a good storyline and characters im watching 9 atm :D

Metal
2 Jun 2010, 10:43am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoE_UWyFfjI

XavsJWY2B8Q

I'm actually working on a AB gif with the heatbeat line as a gif

An_Orange
3 Jun 2010, 08:55pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoE_UWyFfjI

XavsJWY2B8Q

I'm actually working on a AB gif with the heatbeat line as a gif

That be cool :] I like the OP btw

Metal
5 Jun 2010, 04:23pm
WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dante
5 Jun 2010, 04:33pm
WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, this episode was saddening. I didn't like it too much :[

An_Orange
5 Jun 2010, 10:41pm
new ep is out.

I enjoyed it.
needs more action still

True, True it's shaping to be more in-depth love kind of anime instead of action :]

An_Orange
5 Jun 2010, 10:43pm
yeah, this episode was saddening. I didn't like it too much :[

I liked it because it gives you the feeling of content making you want more and I feel sad for the girl who disappears forgot her name :|

Zaraki
6 Jun 2010, 06:48am
It's only 13 episodes, so i expect pure epicness at the end :(

Zealot
6 Jun 2010, 07:20am
How the hell are they going to get rid of 10+ people in 2 episodes?

Metal
6 Jun 2010, 07:39am
How the hell are they going to get rid of 10+ people in 2 episodes?

season 2?

Bullet Wound
6 Jun 2010, 01:10pm
They seem to really hate the lead singers of that band....

Zaraki
7 Jun 2010, 11:18am
They seem to really hate the lead singers of that band....

I laughed so hard, just something you would realise so fast xD

2DG
7 Jun 2010, 12:25pm
season 2?

well, most of the time you take 1 season as 1 series of episodes, so maybe these characters get rid in these 2 episodes, and later on they'll get new people, new adventures, maybe new shit.

2DG
13 Jun 2010, 03:04pm
seems new episode becomes pretty epic again.

Metal
13 Jun 2010, 03:18pm
Not angel and RAG are now a team to fight a common enemy.
sweeet

rokart
14 Jun 2010, 08:34am
i lol'd so hard in episode 8 when the SSS members each had to sacriface themselves to angel clones

Metal
14 Jun 2010, 10:49am
i lol'd so hard in episode 8 when the SSS members each had to sacriface themselves to angel clones

poor Jesus, no one cared.

Zealot
18 Jun 2010, 10:12pm
poor Jesus, no one cared.

Call me Chri-

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

2DG
28 Jun 2010, 12:02am
Man, last episode actually made me cry.
Expecially the last part.

Metal
28 Jun 2010, 05:22am
i better be seeing Season 2 soon

An_Orange
28 Jun 2010, 07:56am
i better be seeing Season 2 soon

Yes! The ending was sad like all the anime's created by the people at Clannad and Air. Except they probably will not make a season 2 beause they like to leave their anime's at sad endings or cliff hangers.

Zaraki
28 Jun 2010, 08:39am
Season 2 required or i will write a angry letter to Mr. Jun Maeda (author)!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Angel_Beats!_promo.jpg

You have missed the story? Read the plot:

Angel Beats! takes place at a high school acting as a Purgatory, where students learn to give up any lingering attachments they still have from life before continuing to an afterlife or reincarnation. While the injury or cause of death are gone, those in the afterlife school can still feel pain or other things as they did when they were alive, as well as dying again, only to awaken with no injures several minutes later. The story follows the main protagonist Otonashi, a boy who lost his memories of his life after dying. Upon awakening in the afterlife, he meets a girl named Yuri who invites him to join the Shinda Sekai Sensen (SSS) (死んだ世界戦線?, lit. Afterlife War Front), an organization she founded and leads which fights against God for the cruel fates the SSS members experienced in life. Their only enemy in the world is the school's student council president Angel, a being with supernatural powers who fights against the SSS. Yuri believes that anyone who follows Angel's orders and behaves like a normal student at the school will eventually disappear and pass on to Heaven. However, those who fulfill their dreams in the afterlife will pass on as well.

In the SSS, there are two sub-divisions which help in the SSS's operations against Angel. The first is a four-girl band named Girls Dead Monster whose objective in the SSS is to cause a diversion from other activities the SSS is engaged in, while on the surface appearing to be a normal all female band. This includes distracting Angel and a large number of "normal" students and teachers at the school Yuri deems "non-player characters" as they are not human, but look and act the part. Another organization in the SSS is the Guild, located far below the surface of the afterlife world, which serves to supply the weapons the SSS uses against Angel. Anyone in the afterlife is able to create anything out of dirt that they had memories of in life, and the Guild uses this ability to mass produce weapons.

Angel uses a similar ability to create her supernatural powers known as "guard skills", with the aid of a computer program called Angel Player. The primary one that she uses is called "hand sonic", a blade on one or both forearms that is capable of changing into five different forms. Other skills include but are not limited to: "distortion", an invisible barrier that deflects bullets or other projectiles away; "delay", which creates an after-image to disorientate an enemy in close range; and "harmonics", where a clone with a consciousness of its own is formed from the original. These abilities are activated by voicing their name; however, others like "overdrive", which gives her great physical strength, are passive and are always on.

The Guild is purposefully destroyed after Angel infiltrates the compound, but the Guild members relocate to the old Guild location, which Angel does not know about. As Otonashi begins to get used to life in the afterlife, the leader of Girls Dead Monster, Iwasawa, disappears in front of a crowd of people after a solo musical performance. The SSS find out Angel's real name is Kanade Tachibana, and after a successful operation, Kanade loses her position as student council president and the vice president Naoi succeeds her. Unlike Kanade, Naoi cracks down on the SSS and even uses powers of hypnosis to control NPCs to fight for him. Otonashi is able to stop him after acknowledging Naoi's existence and Naoi subsequently joins the SSS. Otonashi regains his memories with the aid of Naoi's hypnosis and agrees to continue with the SSS.

With Kanade a normal student now, Otonashi befriends her and invites her to join in on SSS activities. Kanade uses one of her powers to clone herself while engaged in combat, resulting in a violent red-eyed Angel. The clone replicates itself many times, but the clones are later absorbed back into Kanade after Yuri rewrites the Angel Player program. Kanade manages to overcome the personalities of the violent clones after awakening from the ordeal. Otonashi starts cooperating with Kanade to help the other SSS members move on after he fully remembers the details of his life and death. Kanade is reinstated as student council president in accordance with their plan. Otonashi and Kanade cooperate to allow Yui to pass on by fulfilling her wishes, but it is Hinata in the end who fulfills her final wish to get married that allows her to pass on.

Mysterious shadow monsters appear and begin attacking the SSS. Takamatsu gets devoured by one, only to reappear as an NPC. Otonashi reasons with the other SSS members and many of them agree to pass on in lieu of becoming an NPC, including the rest of Girls Dead Monster, Chaa, and several unnamed members. Yuri notices that the NPCs are turning into the shadows, and her investigation into who is behind this leads her back into the Guild. After receiving help from Otonashi, Kanade, Hinata and Naoi, Yuri meets a boy who tells her he was programmed to activate the shadow program when love was detected in the world. The programmer himself turned into an NPC long before. Yuri destroys the computers responsible for the shadow program. Three days after the incident, Otonashi, Yuri, Kanade, Hinata and Naoi are the only ones yet to pass on. They hold a graduation ceremony where they thank each other for their support. After Yuri, Hinata and Naoi pass on, Otonashi learns that Kanade's regret was not being able to thank him for the heart she received from Otonashi after his death. Otonashi is heartbroken after she thanks him and passes on, as he has fallen in love with her, but he too passes on shortly after. In an epilogue, Otonashi and Kanade meet up again in the real world.

Zaraki
28 Jun 2010, 08:42am
Doublepost happened O.O
Laggin' website ffs!

Bullet Wound
28 Jun 2010, 10:52am
Season 2 required or i will write a angry letter to Mr. Jun Maeda (author)!

I think it wrapped up pretty nicely, don't see why we would need a second season.

rokart
28 Jun 2010, 05:12pm
ending wasnt that sad, otonashi met up with kanade in the next life. The ending just had me doing "....wat?!?"\
I really hope there's a second season tho, Angel Beats is a pretty good anime.

2DG
1 Jul 2010, 06:15am
Btw, I loved the song @ the end of EP 13, that's this one, also been used in EP 10
:P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sOH_KkI508&feature=related

cj18
2 Jul 2010, 12:29am
Btw, I loved the song @ the end of EP 13, that's this one, also been used in EP 10
:P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sOH_KkI508&feature=related

They released all the songs by now of girls dead monster and some different versions with yui by now.