PDA

View Full Version : "Rules"

`Pepper.
9 Apr 2010, 08:51am
People say things like, if you come here, I will kill you.

Why can't I just say "If you move you are admitting to being a traitor" at the start of the rounds?

It is really the same things. Players deciding on who is a traitor because of what they tell the others to, or not to, do.

Nasu
9 Apr 2010, 08:55am
Then innocents lose and traitors win? He gets killed? Or something along those lines. I don't think a rule needs to be added for this.

Metal
9 Apr 2010, 10:05am
...he is kinda right?
idk.

mNote
9 Apr 2010, 10:35am

Why can't I just say "If you move you are admitting to being a traitor" at the start of the rounds?

It is really the same things. Players deciding on who is a traitor because of what they tell the others to do.

That's a risk you gotta take.

There is no rule for or against it (and there never will be so long as I am AO).

TheVirus
9 Apr 2010, 12:46pm
If some dick is telling me that and there's a gun or ammo in there that I want, you bet your ass I'll be going in there. His loss of karma if he kills me.

`Pepper.
9 Apr 2010, 05:49pm
I was playing yesterday and someone said that it was a "rule" that people can say not to go places.

I really don't expect there to be a novel length set of things that people can, and can not do but telling people not to go places seems ridiculous.

What I am talking about is what happened to me yesterday.
I was killed for going down an elevator that an innocent was camping at the bottom of. There was only 2 traitors left, and I was not one of them. I told him, don't shoot I am not a traitor let me leave. He killed me though.

He said that it was my fault, and claimed he told no one to go down there. Most people know that with every second person having a mic, and every 3rd mic had a cat pee on it (bad quality) that it can be hard to hear people.

Can people do this?
Which leads to my second question, if they can do the mentioned above, why don't we just tell people not to move, unless they are a traitor?

Afamad 2.1
9 Apr 2010, 05:49pm
And you know what Virus? I'll fight with every bullet and HP point I have to keep that gun and ammo mine. It's not about finding out who is or isn't the traitor virus, it's survival of the fittest. I'm the one with the supplies, you're the one with the clothes on your back.

When it all comes down to it, I'm my number one priority. If you can prove you're innocent, I'll let you get some stuff. But until then, you're not getting anything I'm guarding.

Harpr33t
9 Apr 2010, 07:26pm
Those bitches that camp in a room, will run out if you throw an incendiary

Afamad 2.1
9 Apr 2010, 07:29pm
Not if I kill them before they do.

Caution
9 Apr 2010, 09:53pm
And you know what Virus? I'll fight with every bullet and HP point I have to keep that gun and ammo mine. It's not about finding out who is or isn't the traitor virus, it's survival of the fittest. I'm the one with the supplies, you're the one with the clothes on your back.

When it all comes down to it, I'm my number one priority. If you can prove you're innocent, I'll let you get some stuff. But until then, you're not getting anything I'm guarding.

Whoa there tiger, don't get too worked up now.

Who gives a shit, really? Don't go where they're camping. Big deal. If you randomly walk in somewhere as they're yelling "P.S. DONT COM IN HURR LOLS" and they shoot you, then fuck that. That's RDMing. Other than that, it's really not that big of a deal. And, as Harpreet said, light them up with a grenade.

Afamad 2.1
9 Apr 2010, 10:13pm
I've officially let every player know that the apartment building on Amsterville is mine. If they get within 20 feet of the building, I'll fill them full of lead....

Lol, just kidding. But seriously, if I warn you not to come into a specific area, and you do it for fun or to piss me off, I'm shooting you.

`Pepper.
9 Apr 2010, 10:47pm
I was going up there, I was on the ladder. Then you precede to shoot at us. How about I claim spawn as mine off the bat then kill everyone? That is what you did with 3 other people.

EDIT:Afamad, 2 others and I were trying to get up the tower, he got up first and as we were still trying to get up he shot at us, and the boxes. He said he claimed it as his.

I really think that this claiming thing shouldn't be allowed.

Caution
9 Apr 2010, 11:09pm
Lol, just kidding. But seriously, if I warn you not to come into a specific area, and you do it for fun or to piss me off, I'm shooting you.

Which I don't see a problem with, as long as it doesn't get ridiculous (I.E. saying they can't go into huge areas). Saying they can't go into a room / small building you are in isn't a big deal.

`Pepper.
10 Apr 2010, 12:10am
The problem is saying not to go there, when people are already there/close to it.

I was going down elevator, they said not to, killed.

Trying to get up ladder, they said not to, shot at.

Afamad 2.1
10 Apr 2010, 01:22am
I didn't care if you were on the damn ladder. I told you repeatingly to not climb up to the sniper tower in C17. However, one of you morons still climbed up for fun even though I shot the boxes, so I killed him.

`Pepper.
10 Apr 2010, 02:04am
I didn't care if you were on the damn ladder. I told you repeatingly to not climb up to the sniper tower in C17. However, one of you morons still climbed up for fun even though I shot the boxes, so I killed him.

Thank you for backing up my point. He just stated the problem.

What if it were an elevator? we're all going down, but you decide to tell people not to go there. Exact same thing happened, but replace the elevator with a ladder.

Also it was not "for fun". The tower is obviously the best place, that still provides a view of what is going on. We were trying to get there, but you decide the place is yours, then you shoot and kill us.

To give others a better understanding, it was not like he made it up then 3 other people came along later, it was I set the boxes, he jumps up, then tells us not to go up. Shoots at us, and the boxes. I could fully understand if we came after he had gotten up there alone, and the told people not to go, but it wasn't like this.

This claiming of places shouldn't be allowed because of people like this who abuse it.

Afamad 2.1
10 Apr 2010, 01:32pm
Well it wasn't an elevator. You don't seem to understand the difference between an absolute critical area, and an area. If the only way to a new area is to take an elevator, then it's not allowed and just stupid to say the elevator is yours.

It also depends on area size. If you're just making a little room yours (like the sniper tower), then it's fine. If one player's trying to make the whole upper floor of Nexus his, then it's not fine.

Besides, if I let anyone up there, they'd have a perfect chance to kill me without any of you seeing from down below. So to keep it safe, once I got up there I told you all to get off. It also wouldn't have made a good "look-out point" if I took the sniper rifle.

Intelligence
10 Apr 2010, 02:02pm
That's a risk you gotta take.

There is no rule for or against it (and there never will be so long as I am AO).

Thats why you were demoted, you only keep the little orange picture. lol

Thsi rule would be stupid. i say no adding pl0x

SoulKeeper
10 Apr 2010, 06:00pm
How about this, lets just shoot anyone who says "dont com here r do dat" and it'll be much easier on everybody.

Afamad 2.1
10 Apr 2010, 08:00pm
Oh yeah Soulkeeper? I'll shoot anyone that says "shoot ppl that siad shoot other if they cum here."

mNote
11 Apr 2010, 01:39am
If a person claims an area, shoot that person in the face. Problem solved.

If another person kills you for it... well... at least you weren't killed by an area claiming faggot.

2DG
11 Apr 2010, 09:29am
If a person claims an area, shoot that person in the face. Problem solved.

If another person kills you for it... well... at least you weren't killed by an area claiming faggot.

so that's not called a rdm?
I just let those faggots run me over all the time due to me thinking it's rdm, and just before I notice they killed me.

Afamad 2.1
11 Apr 2010, 09:55am
I don't see what the problem is with saying not to come into a room. It's claiming a territory for your safety. As long as the area they're calling isn't a hallway that connects to the other part of the map, or an elevator, I don't see what's wrong.

And I think shooting people in their face mNote is rdming. I don't see how claiming an area makes me suspicious of being a traitor.

PingPong
11 Apr 2010, 11:49am
Its not against the rules, and I do shit like this with mercy and drac all the time. We cade a room and if anyone except a detective trys to get in their pretty much dead. Usually we die of c4 though

`Pepper.
11 Apr 2010, 12:36pm
Its not against the rules, and I do shit like this with mercy and drac all the time. We cade a room and if anyone except a detective trys to get in their pretty much dead. Usually we die of c4 though

Cading is different though. To get in they have to break the things down or move things, and try hard to get in. Just calling a room though and killing anyone who goes in is different.

A WW1 Flying Ace
11 Apr 2010, 12:56pm

It is really the same things. Players deciding on who is a traitor because of what they tell the others to, or not to, do.

not the same thing. people do that when they are a) not wanting to die or b) a clever traitor

mNote
11 Apr 2010, 04:56pm
Look, I am not going to add a stupid rule that tells people to NOT CLAIM AREAS. I personally don't care if a person claims an area and kills anyone who enters it. The reason I don't care is because that is another way of playing a MIND GAME that is, Traitor Town.

If you guys want to turn the server into a shit-hole PB server, I'm going to stop you guys from doing it. The server has flexibility in play-style because there aren't these stupid added rules. There is NO RULE protecting a person from claiming an area. The rule states that you need a reason to kill someone and a person claiming an area is a GOOD ENOUGH REASON to kill them. They could be the traitor, claiming that room to plot out devices and shit. It is not RDMing if you kill a person that is claiming a room.

If a person puts themselves in a position to kill other people, they are NOT protected from RDM anymore.

If a person drops shit on you in nexus and kills you, they are free to kill.
If a person pushes you off the side of the edge on port, they are free to kill.
If a person calls you a bitch and then griefs you, they are free to kill.

Read the MOTD. If you are being a douchebag and breaking the rules, you are NOT protected by RDM anymore.

Also, if you believe an ADMIN is wrongly enforcing these rules, then TAKE A DEMO. There are so many admin complaints that HAS NO DEMOS for me to preview, which is why admins do things the way they do that piss you guys off.

There is nothing hard about taking a demo when you are about to do something you KNOW is controversial.

spartan 117
17 Apr 2010, 12:01am
i remember someone called the entire dock area on port and used a scramble grenade when someone went on the dock, clever traitor.