PDA

View Full Version : It's TIME!!

Suri
4 Apr 2010, 01:14pm
It is time for a 2nd server. When we first put the server up I said we should just do 2 because I knew it would take off. I was told give it a few weeks. Well its been more than that and the server is still always full.

So I think we need a 2nd server and make it a 16 slots server. The sooner the better!! :)

Nasu
4 Apr 2010, 01:16pm
Maybe not TTT, maybe try some other modes 1st plox, and see how they work :p

Jazz
4 Apr 2010, 01:17pm
The TTT server is actually filled quite often. A 2nd server might give a chance for the rest of the tempting people to play. If the 2nd server is always filled on 16 slots, we can increase the player slot to 20, so more people get to play.

So I agree!

Suri
4 Apr 2010, 01:17pm
This is a TTT thread. Please do not list any of servers you want to see. You are not on topic!

Suri
4 Apr 2010, 01:19pm
The TTT server is actually filled quite often. A 2nd server might give a chance for the rest of the tempting people to play. If the 2nd server is always filled on 16 slots, we can increase the player slot to 20, so more people get to play.

So I agree!

There is a large base in the TTT community that will only play a 16 slot server, so we even open the door for those people to join the server. We have the best TTT server out there, so why not add a 2nd one and give give the option most people want.

Jazz
4 Apr 2010, 01:19pm
Yeah Nasu - TTT only. I mean, we've got plenty of modes on our CSS servers!

Suri
4 Apr 2010, 01:20pm
Yeah Nasu - TTT only. I mean, we've got plenty of modes on our CSS servers!

I just don't want this thread derailed with the typical " No a Breakfloor server" thing. This is a TTT topic in the TTT section. So keep it that way please.

Jazz
4 Apr 2010, 01:21pm
There is a large base in the TTT community that will only play a 16 slot server, so we even open the door for those people to join the server. We have the best TTT server out there, so why not add a 2nd one and give give the option most people want.

I agreed with you. Haha, I only ment that if the 16 AND 20 slots are filled, then we can make the 16-slotter to a 20-slotter!

EDIT: Ahh Suri!!! I think you misunderstood both of my posts!!!!!!

SoulKeeper
4 Apr 2010, 01:23pm
We don't really need another TTT server, it could ruin our first server.

The maps run for about 5 rounds, it takes, for a worst case scenario, 2 rounds to lower yourself to a bad point; 500 karma.
You can simply just switch to the other server and enjoy another parade of rdming.

Make it Zombie Survival; a GarrysMod... mod.
It seems to be the most liked in the poll I created, we should at least give it a chance.

Methelod
4 Apr 2010, 01:25pm
Fun but hasn't the arguement that it might split the community been made, aka player 1 wants to play with player 2 but player 2 doesn't like server one and all that fun stuff, so we should get another g-mod server just maybe not TTT.

TheVirus
4 Apr 2010, 01:33pm

Wouldn't go as far to say it's the best. It's great server, sure, but there are better ones with better maps and better gear.

Nasu
4 Apr 2010, 01:42pm
Then a simple "No"

Suri
4 Apr 2010, 03:21pm
The 2nd server would not kill the first server. When we had 2 escape servers going it worked fine, even PB so that arguement does not work.

When you have 10 people waiting to get into the server for 30mins then it's time for a 2nd server.

And for Nasu then don't post if you dont even care about the TTT server. GO troll another thread.

Nasu
4 Apr 2010, 03:29pm
The 2nd server would not kill the first server. When we had 2 escape servers going it worked fine, even PB so that arguement does not work.

When you have 10 people waiting to get into the server for 30mins then it's time for a 2nd server.

And for Nasu then don't post if you dont even care about the TTT server. GO troll another thread.

Yes, I do care about the TTT server and I even buyed Gmod because SG got a TTT server. But I don't think having another TTT server would be succesful.
geez, you make it too clear that you don't like me. I'll now go "troll" some other thread

Suri
4 Apr 2010, 08:38pm
Yes, I do care about the TTT server and I even buyed Gmod because SG got a TTT server. But I don't think having another TTT server would be succesful.
geez, you make it too clear that you don't like me. I'll now go "troll" some other thread

People said the first one would not be too. There are other community's running 3 servers and they are always full.

Bad Dog
4 Apr 2010, 08:43pm
No. Why would we want to split up the TTT population? I can say at least for myself a big thing that gets me in the server is who is online ATM and I dont want to have to choose between if this guy is in Server 1 but that guys in Server 2. Keep it and buy a different server type.

Also Im going to say this: Its Quality not Quanity. You can use the PB/Escape arguements all you want but look at the facts NOW: We have ONE PB and ONE Escape because the others ended up failing one way or another. We just need to work on ways to improve our servers, not just throw more and more out there.

mNote
4 Apr 2010, 09:39pm
2nd server right now sounds nice.

PingPong
4 Apr 2010, 11:11pm
Escape 2 did not fail in any way so i honestly have no clue wtf your talking about. It was better then ze1 imo. Anyways i say keep ttt 1 with core gameplay and then on number 2 throw on all the modds like jihad and etc, it's worth a try and if it fails we can just get rid of it. Also it wouldn't cut the ttt server population down to half, i think it would bring in new people and add to the population.

PS-Beta squad for ttt? ;)

2DG
5 Apr 2010, 02:40am

ecgamers.com runs 2 TTT servers, both I think 25 slots, in peak hours they're both [almost] always full.

P3rg3
5 Apr 2010, 10:22am

We can discuss this all we want but nobody can predict how it would go if we would have 2 TTT servers, simply because we never had 2.
We should give it a shot.
It might work out surprisingly well.

Habibi
5 Apr 2010, 11:13am
I agree with Suri, Perge, Pingpong and Mnote on this, lets try it out at least and see how it goes

SgtJoo
5 Apr 2010, 08:01pm
Two > One.

Metal
5 Apr 2010, 08:43pm
We been asking for how long?
A new TTT top 10 map server or RP and or forts..

Suri
6 Apr 2010, 09:07am
Sorry Baddog I don't join a server because some one is on the TTT server. If Crimson was on server 1 you better believe I am joining server 2;)

And Escape 2 did not fail because we had two server FYI. I am with mnote and say we need to atlest give it a try for a few weeks. Just make it a 16 slot and put all the good maps on it and see what happens.

struki
6 Apr 2010, 09:17am
why second server when we can have 1 with 30-35 slots...

Dracula
6 Apr 2010, 09:18am

Because a TTT server with 30-35 slots is trash.

barackobama
6 Apr 2010, 09:25am
As the majority of you would like this, I shall put the idea forward.

Dracula
6 Apr 2010, 09:41am

<3

TheVirus
6 Apr 2010, 09:53am

Because, as stated before, many maps will have issues with people spawning inside of walls, people, or off cliffs. That, and a lot of maps don't have tons of weapons. No, just no. Anything over 20 slots is too much.

Suri
6 Apr 2010, 09:58am

Much love Garf!

SilentGuns
6 Apr 2010, 10:27am
32 slot PERP Roleplay server.

Metal
6 Apr 2010, 10:35am
roleplay would be a nice change.
A good calm game making money and fucking people other.

good times.....good times.

PingPong
6 Apr 2010, 10:22pm

Were you dropped on your head as a baby or are you just plain stupid?

Metal
7 Apr 2010, 05:39am
Were you dropped on your head as a baby or are you just plain stupid?

:gtturtle:

We dont want a clusterfuck in the TTT server.
20 slots is fine as it is, we would only make it higher for BWGT.

A few options we have are a new TTT server, roleplay, build, forts

Neji
7 Apr 2010, 05:52am
Yay! This will have a pretty big inpact on our community.

Metal
7 Apr 2010, 06:17am
Yay! This will have a pretty big inpact on our community.

The server is almost always full.
Besides the early EST time zone

`Pepper.
10 Apr 2010, 02:22am
No. Why would we want to split up the TTT population? I can say at least for myself a big thing that gets me in the server is who is online ATM and I dont want to have to choose between if this guy is in Server 1 but that guys in Server 2. Keep it and buy a different server type.

Also Im going to say this: Its Quality not Quanity. You can use the PB/Escape arguements all you want but look at the facts NOW: We have ONE PB and ONE Escape because the others ended up failing one way or another. We just need to work on ways to improve our servers, not just throw more and more out there.

Can't you can ask player 1 or 2 to come with you if you really want to play with them that bad? For most people it would be a pro, rather than a con to have 2 TTT servers. Also this splitting of the community... seriously? it wouldn't split anything it would make more people want to, and be able to play.

The people who only play 16 slot servers could join, and people who can't get into the 20 slot would join.

People clearly just want more game types. Why cant the community keep it where it is now? ZE, MG, and TTT are full quite often. It would just add to what people can play. I don't know why people think it would be a bad thing.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Game types are working pretty good, a lot of people are playing. Does SG really need another game type? or only more slots? I think slots.

`Pepper.
11 Apr 2010, 02:07pm
Bump because I have been waiting 25 minutes, and others have been waiting long too.

This would attract allow alot of people to be able to play. I also know that if one server gets almost empty, rather going to other communities servers, most people would go to steam gamers.

Also, people don't normally wait to get into a server (random people) they either get in, or go to a different server.

Metal
11 Apr 2010, 07:05pm
bump.

Mercy
11 Apr 2010, 08:34pm
our server isnt a server that people wait for hours to get into, anytime i try to play ttt i pretty much get in even without the reserved slot, so until it takes me 30 mins to get into the server ill have to disagree with a second ttt server

Metal
12 Apr 2010, 06:22am
our server isnt a server that people wait for hours to get into, anytime i try to play ttt i pretty much get in even without the reserved slot, so until it takes me 30 mins to get into the server ill have to disagree with a second ttt server

Happens all the time to da Canadians.
Its a 50/50 issue.
If you cant get in, giveit like 4-5mins
Or Auto join FTW

Suri
12 Apr 2010, 02:23pm

Not sure when you are trying to get in, but it always takes me over 15 mins to get into the server.

But Haggard said today that it wont happen. He believes people don't have a issue getting into the server to justify a new server. So thats that.

spartan 117
16 Apr 2010, 03:01pm
2nd server should be all vanilla cs maps

Suri
16 Apr 2010, 04:42pm
2nd server should be all vanilla cs maps

Please read the reply above yours. I state that Haggard wont open a new server because he feels no one has issues getting into the server.

Metal
28 Apr 2010, 11:55am
Its been awhile since i looked here.
So any news on a new gmod server?
Like a new TTT or PB or RP

SgtJoo
28 Apr 2010, 01:11pm
Please read the reply above yours. I state that Haggard wont open a new server because he feels no one has issues getting into the server.

^

Minion Jake
1 May 2010, 09:32pm
If(Notice I said IF) you do decide to get a second server why not make the first one vanilla TTT and the second have custom stuff on it, such as weapons, tools, etc.