PDA

View Full Version : kool's Weapon Arena Server Suggestion

kool
31 Mar 2010, 11:08pm
I suggest we add a Weapon Arena server. I don't know if CSS has it, but I played one in 1.6. It's basically a server where every round all players will get a random weapon, but everybody gets the same weapon, and you play it out like a regular round.

So for example in one round all the players will play with m4, then the next round it could be mac10. The weapon choices would be random of course.

As for the map, the server I played in 1.6 always stayed on ScoutzKnivez, but maybe we could change it up, I suggest using small maps. So, no maps like de_dust2, or de_aztec, but I'll leave the map decision to you guys, if you do implement this server.

This server could also use the ranking system which would attract more players to it. The WA server I played in 1.6 always had some people in it, so I thought this might be a good idea for SG.

darth maul
31 Mar 2010, 11:15pm
i like this idea and i think maybe some big maps would be fun though

kool
31 Mar 2010, 11:49pm
i like this idea and i think maybe some big maps would be fun though

Some big maps would be fun, but I want to reduce the amount of camping for this server to make it quick and fun rounds.

Repus
1 Apr 2010, 12:01am
This is like gungame? we used to have gungame server. I have to say this sounds fun on de/cs maps, not on arena maps. We should have randomly rounds like this on monster server. Like 30% of the rounds.

kool
1 Apr 2010, 01:26am
Well this isn't like gun game, it's just a 1 random gun the all players use to kill each other until the next round and it changes to a new gun. I don't know how to explain it that well -_- if you guys have 1.6 send me a pm and i'll give you the ip to the server so you can try it out, but that's the best i can do lol.

Repus
1 Apr 2010, 04:43am
I understand what you mean and I think it is like gungame, difference is that in gungame you get guns in order and get update by every kill. This still sounds bit lame on small maps,

but this randomly on regular server where you would not be allowed to buy guns in one round sounds cool.

Nasu
1 Apr 2010, 05:46am
umm, no. Seems very boring

kool
1 Apr 2010, 10:13am
Don't knock it tell you try it.

Micro
1 Apr 2010, 12:15pm
I say lets try:D

Neji
1 Apr 2010, 01:12pm
Sounds boring to me... PM me the IP of active server, and I'll go take a look at it.

Dracula
1 Apr 2010, 01:16pm
Server will fail, no.

Prez
1 Apr 2010, 01:22pm
My sg_breakables map has this. It randomly gives players a gun every round, although it isn't a script, just in the maps. Could work, but doesn't really have the potential to stay active.

BlackEagle
1 Apr 2010, 01:59pm
This sounds like fun but I don't think that it will keep a server active enough. I have played this before too but it is a cool mini game not really something that you make a whole server for.

kool
1 Apr 2010, 05:22pm
Well... the server I played didn't have much people just 6-15 all the times I played it, but with SG's popularity I'm sure it'll stay active.

Edit: The server had 20 people max slots if i remember correctly.

Bethy
1 Apr 2010, 08:15pm
Or we could have a BWGT on the regular server and have someone that can give weapons give different weapons to everyone each round. And somehow disable buying so you could only use the guns you're given.

kool
2 Apr 2010, 05:38am
Or we could have a BWGT on the regular server and have someone that can give weapons give different weapons to everyone each round. And somehow disable buying so you could only use the guns you're given.

Well.. my idea was kinda supposed to be like a whole server for just weapon arena o.o

Bethy
2 Apr 2010, 01:40pm
Well.. my idea was kinda supposed to be like a whole server for just weapon arena o.o

But that would fail.

kool
3 Apr 2010, 12:40am
But that would fail.

We don't know that yet :(

Bethy
3 Apr 2010, 12:44am
We don't know that yet :(

I do. The reg server even fails, I doubt this would stay populated.

kool
3 Apr 2010, 05:49am
Fine, we can go with what Beth says, if it happens though.

bill nye the nazi spy
4 Apr 2010, 06:51am
yeah.... it would get boring after like 20 minutes or one gun cycle. but the BWGT sounds good =D like a surfonecoughcough =D