PDA

View Full Version : Lenient on RDMing??

coffee
31 Mar 2010, 06:02pm
I'm tired of being RDMed and not seeing the person who did it get brought to justice.
Even when an admin is watching me get rdmed, or someone else getting rdmed, kicks/ban are rarely given to them. I think admins need to be a little more enforcing of this rule.

Dracula
31 Mar 2010, 06:08pm
Jesus christ one RDM is nothing to cry over, its called an acident or mabey he wasnt RDM'ing and he just believed you were the traitor do to your actions. None of this requires a punishment unless its multiple times for no reason.

Cromyth
31 Mar 2010, 06:08pm
There is one problem, That admin needs to see who did it. Because if you say they are RDMing they could be a traitor, or you just want to see them get banned or kicked.

The Baltimore Ravens
31 Mar 2010, 06:10pm
dude i know why you got RDM'd ( i was there) he followed a guy and the guy told him to stop, he didnt stop then the guy killed him, my point is that its all coffe's fault (plus coffe was acting like a retard)

Methelod
31 Mar 2010, 06:15pm
No its not RDM, its called an accident but if someone goes around trying to massacre everyone as an innocent thats rdm. If a traitor kills another traitor on purpose thats RDM but if someone is wrong when they guess thats not RDM.

Dracula
31 Mar 2010, 06:17pm
dude i know why you got RDM'd ( i was there) he followed a guy and the guy told him to stop, he didnt stop then the guy killed him, my point is that its all coffe's fault (plus coffe was acting like a retard)

Point proven.

Morningafter
31 Mar 2010, 06:35pm
I dont think you realize how hard it is for us to actually see the damn rdm.......first off it doesn't say who died......so if we weren't staring directly at you...guess what we have no idea who it was...secondly how do we know if he indeed rdm'd you?.......you guys just think were this all seeing eye who will catch all those mean lil bad men.....this isn't my job......I play to play TTT too and while im there I try to catch those who break our rules....can't catch everyone pal.....just take a damn breath and play the game.

coffee
31 Mar 2010, 07:09pm
No its not RDM, its called an accident but if someone goes around trying to massacre everyone as an innocent thats rdm. If a traitor kills another traitor on purpose thats RDM but if someone is wrong when they guess thats not RDM.

That's not the only time... and I'm just not going to post in this thread anymore because obviously all I'm going to get as feedback is "lol you're stupid"

mNote
31 Mar 2010, 07:45pm
That's not the only time... and I'm just not going to post in this thread anymore because obviously all I'm going to get as feedback is "lol you're stupid"

I'm sorry you feel this way, coffee, but let me try to explain to you why the RDM rule is loosely enforced, and how some players need to see if it's RDM or if it is not.

First off, the thing that constitutes an RDM is if you were 'randomly' accused and shot dead by a person who is not a traitor or have no clue who the traitor is. If there was no event in-game that led a person to believe another person is a traitor, that also constitute as an RDM if you were to die by him. If a traitor kills you, that does not constitute an RDM.

Also, no one knows for sure if you were killed by an innocent or a traitor until somebody kill the person that killed you and then identify his body.

If a player feels "threatened" by your presence and tells/ask you to stop following him/her, and they kill you for it, that does NOT constitute as an RDM because warning was given. You did a suspicious act by following that person when that person asked/told you to stop.

When suspicious players are killed, a good reason must be given for his/her death. If player A is following player B around and player B asks player A to stop and player B kills him for it, that is a good and valid reason to kill a suspicious player.

If player A randomly shot a bullet on accident and everyone thinks he is a traitor, they are all allowed to actively engage to kill him, likewise he is allowed to return fire because nobody knows for sure who the traitor is.

What constitutes as an RDM is when a player kills for no reason or for an invalid reason. If that person starts the first kill and many deaths follow afterwards, his karma going down is his punishment for killing innocents if he too was an innocent.

We have admins who try to use the best of their abilities to check who is an RDMer and who isn't. The server is only one month old, which means a lot of admins in SG still haven't tried out the server yet, and will pop into the server as a regular player more than an admin.

The only times you can be sure if someone is RDMing or not is if you were doing nothing suspicious and another player randomly shot you, trying to kill you, and you end up as the victor.

This has happened to me before where two players were following me around and one of them killed the other. I asked him why and then he started shooting me too, where I shot back and ended up winning the fire-fight. After I identified both of their bodies, I slayed the person who started the RDM next round because he told me he "got bored" and he took the punishment like a man. He happened to be a traitor too so yeah, he took it up the ass big time.

Anyways, sometimes, RDM isn't RDM. The MOTD clearly states that if you do something suspicious or even break the rules, your basic rights on the server (which includes minimum protection from RDM), are forfeited.

Admins themselves are not sure themselves sometimes if an RDM is even an RDM. Sometimes, they are traitors and they let that RDM be used to their advantage. You really never know.

Be kind, have a good time, and browse YouTube or some shit when you're dead.

TheVirus
31 Mar 2010, 07:57pm
I kill Psyche when he follows me. 99% of the time he's innocent.

2DG
31 Mar 2010, 11:59pm
Lol what about you think you saw someone burn a something, and you think you saw him do it, well, think, or maybe did, and you kill him, and he was the traitor, is that an rdm?

Chobber
1 Apr 2010, 01:43am
Lol what about you think you saw someone burn a something, and you think you saw him do it, well, think, or maybe did, and you kill him, and he was the traitor, is that an rdm?

You're just gonna have to trust your guts.. What do you feel? Is this guy legit or not? Is he wandering around alone setting corpses on fire or did he defuse the c4 and then pick it up? Or was he planting the c4?
There are so many different views, and sometimes traitors get caught while doing some shit and sometimes innocents accidently does something that looks like a traitor act..

Sometimes you will shoot the person dead and he is an innocent - well too bad! As long as you had some reason to think that he was a traitor! Other times the person is a little lying faggot who really is a traitor!

I mean, the other day I defused the c4 (as an innocent) and I picked it up so it wouldnt be used again by some jerk.. Well, I accidently hit my 7-button while I was in a big group of people - well, I was instantly shot to death..
Different acts builds up tension which in the end will make at least one person just too paranoid and he will start shooting on those little random, innocent acts.. This is kinda the point of the traitors game as well.. What is best for the traitor - risking failure by killing people himself, or getting the innocents to kill each other??
Its all a part of the game, and of course once in a while there will be some triggerhappy / paranoid innocent that will kill another innocent.. Its all a part of the game..

So while you're waiting those 8 minutes - go make me a sammich and cry less! And guess what - you're not alone in getting "rdm'ed" .. We all do! Even as traitors..

Oh and to summon up on your question: that wouldn't of been a RDM on my duty in the server :)

Metal
1 Apr 2010, 05:15am
I'm tired of being RDMed and not seeing the person who did it get brought to justice.
Even when an admin is watching me get rdmed, or someone else getting rdmed, kicks/ban are rarely given to them. I think admins need to be a little more enforcing of this rule.

"Even when an admin is watching me get rdmed,"
Sorry i RDM'd you..

Wait no im not.

RDM is part of the game, sometimes it by mistake and sometimes its not.
If some random dude is yelling your name and saying you are T than they kill you, thats a RDM.

Remember when i told you to back off?
You didn't listen and i killed you.

PingPong
1 Apr 2010, 12:34pm
lol your stupid

2DG
1 Apr 2010, 01:22pm
"Even when an admin is watching me get rdmed,"
Sorry i RDM'd you..

Wait no im not.

RDM is part of the game, sometimes it by mistake and sometimes its not.
If some random dude is yelling your name and saying you are T than they kill you, thats a RDM.

Remember when i told you to back off?
You didn't listen and i killed you.

I once killed somone because like 80% of the remaining people said it was that person, I didn't know why tho, but I shot him, he was traitor, and that cost me a round >.>