PDA

View Full Version : ze_spaceflight_v2 removal

Bill Smauz
31 Mar 2010, 11:42am
Map Removal

Full map name
ze_spaceflight_v2 Type of map
Zombie Escape Why should we remove it
Many people love and enjoy this map and other do not. I only have two main issues with this map:
1. Teammates closing door on each other.
2. The dreaded section where it crashed CSS.

Let me start with issue #1. First off, there is pretty much none or very little teamwork oriented in this map; I know I used the word teamwork, something that is rarely seen but it is still current. Players will just close the door on each other even before the zombie spawns and there is really know way of preventing this, even with the threat of punishment it still occurs. In my opinion the map is unbalanced because whenever I do see this map played on the escape server, the zombies are never able to win unless the humans are generally stupid enough to lose with a occasional failnade.

Now, on to issue #2. The dreaded area of the map which causes players' CSS to freeze up causing them to quit. Although it does not happen to the majority of us, sometimes we have to think of the minority. Every round 2-5+ people timeout. Just to be clear, the section of this map I am discussing is the end just before you reach the rocket.

I don't despise this map, I would like to see the creator work out these few issues to make the map more enjoyable and please fix the issue where it causes CSS to freeze up.

Drox
31 Mar 2010, 11:49am
I support removal, very plain map. Door shutting on teammates is a issue, also doors to spaceships can be very glitchy. The final hold off point is also almost impossible since the zombie somehow can always get in the final rocket no matter how well u can hold em off.

Jazz
31 Mar 2010, 11:57am
Hmm, it is a good map by it's realisticness. But it's one of the few maps that lag me! So I supported the removal.

Retarded Santa
1 Apr 2010, 01:47pm
i support the removal, mostly because it's just plain boring! lots of running around corridors with random boxes

struki
3 Apr 2010, 12:17pm
Me and Cj founded whats causing people to crash,its that door near end,theres small area near door.If you step in it your game will crash.So,just stay away from door and you should be cool

Pancake Batter
3 Apr 2010, 01:03pm
Me and Cj founded whats causing people to crash,its that door near end,theres small area near door.If you step in it your game will crash.So,just stay away from door and you should be cool

Better yet, the map should be removed until it is fixed.

Captain Sparrow
3 Apr 2010, 06:56pm
Better yet, the map should be removed until it is fixed.

Thank you.
You can't not pass the door, otherwise you get zombified so fail map is fail :high5:

Lucid
3 Apr 2010, 07:44pm
Fail map is fail.

Lags the server at the end, pings spike up to 200+ for about 20 seconds.

Really bad, too clustered.

All together it's just a fail map.