PDA

View Full Version : Open Beta coming soon

Lux
27 Mar 2010, 05:37am
Open Beta is right around the corner. We will be announcing a date very soon. We just released the 0.3.0 patch which is our lead up to Open Beta. It contains many balance tweaks, art polish, a new front end interface, and the beginnings of match making.

Taken from their Facebook page :laugh:

Does mean that soon enough we'll have to pay up though :sad2:

Eldest
27 Mar 2010, 05:40am
Just pay the god damn 30$ Luxz0rz, it's not that much =P

Cait Sithz
27 Mar 2010, 06:08am
I have 2 more HoN Keys to give out ;)

SgtJoo
27 Mar 2010, 07:07am
I have like 9,999,999 keys...

It's practically been an open beta seeing as they give keys out all the time.

And I've already paid my 30, cheapskate.

Dracula
27 Mar 2010, 07:12am
Lol they really want to kill their servers.

b0red
27 Mar 2010, 07:54am
I still need a key.

Dracula
27 Mar 2010, 07:56am
Lol^

b0red
27 Mar 2010, 07:57am
Wanna give me one drac?

SgtJoo
27 Mar 2010, 08:05am
Email?

Mutiny
27 Mar 2010, 08:13am
So many people I've talked to play this, I thought it'd already come out

Neji
27 Mar 2010, 08:18am
Email?

xix.neji.xix@gmail.com

one key for me pl0x

Delirium
27 Mar 2010, 08:23am
Yeah I saw it.

They have a long way to go though, MM is fucking stupid... I always get paired up with people who go 0-20

SgtJoo
27 Mar 2010, 08:26am
Once I can actually get to the beta site, I'll send it to you.

Edit: sent.

Krazy
27 Mar 2010, 10:09am
Wow who cares about the open beta for this game., this has to be one of the worst games i`ve played, and it has the most unfriendly community ever. For some reason the website won`t load for me right now, but i will post 2 beta keys that i have for it on this thread once it works. But until then, you guys should try League of Legends (https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b735f04675c9), since that game is similar to this and is in an open beta stage.

Dracula
27 Mar 2010, 10:14am
Wow who cares about the open beta for this game., this has to be one of the worst games i`ve played, and it has the most unfriendly community ever. For some reason the website won`t load for me right now, but i will post 2 beta keys that i have for it on this thread once it works. But until then, you guys should try League of Legends (https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b735f04675c9), since that game is similar to this and is in an open beta stage.

Lol of course the community is unfriendly your playing with a bunch of people that played DOTA, and you havnt seen unfreindly till youve played with BillGates.

Mutiny
27 Mar 2010, 10:29am
DOTA for sure has the worst community of players out of any online game.

Delirium
27 Mar 2010, 10:51am
DOTA for sure has the worst community of players out of any online game.

LoL wouldn't even be around if it wasn't for DotA

LoL is some pussy shit, get that trash outa here.

Eldest
27 Mar 2010, 11:44am

x2

SgtJoo
27 Mar 2010, 11:51am

qft

Dracula
27 Mar 2010, 12:13pm

QFT

Krazy
27 Mar 2010, 03:57pm
LoL wouldn't even be around if it wasn't for DotA

Well no shit dude since it was made by the same creators of DoTA,

"As you may already know, the League of Legends development team includes Steve “Guinsoo” Feak, the original creator of DotA Allstars, and Steve “Pendragon” Mescon who started DotA-Allstars.com, and has worked closely with the DotA community for the past five years. "

Delirium
27 Mar 2010, 04:08pm
Well no shit dude since it was made by the same creators of DoTA,

"As you may already know, the League of Legends development team includes Steve “Guinsoo” Feak, the original creator of DotA Allstars, and Steve “Pendragon” Mescon who started DotA-Allstars.com, and has worked closely with the DotA community for the past five years. "

First off, it's DotA, not DoTA.

Guinsoo created Allstars not DotA, that would be Icefrog.

And the other guy made a fucking website. Either way, HoN will always be better than LoL.

Zealot
27 Mar 2010, 04:12pm

LoL is a retail game and has 0 competitive people on the scene (tourneys/sponsors), Hon is in closed beta and already has fnatic MSI/x6 sponsoring teams. So gtfo with that kiddie shit LoL.

Guinsoo created Allstars not DotA, that would be Icefrog.

Get your facts straight. Guinsoon started Dota, Icefrog started allstars.

Delirium
27 Mar 2010, 05:54pm
LoL is a retail game and has 0 competitive people on the scene (tourneys/sponsors), Hon is in closed beta and already has fnatic MSI/x6 sponsoring teams. So gtfo with that kiddie shit LoL.

Get your facts straight. Guinsoon started Dota, Icefrog started allstars.

Get his facts straight to lol. I was going off the last DotA game I played reading the loading screen like 5 months ago.

Edit: Also, get the hell out of the HoN section, you don't see us coming into the LoL section and bashing.

Lux
27 Mar 2010, 06:58pm

If you get a sucky score do you really expect any sympathy? People get annoyed when people suck.....that's just how the game is...the learning curve is fairly steep....and you can expect the shit to hit your face on the way up it.

Krazy
27 Mar 2010, 07:23pm
I still need a key.

just set a thread up for getting the 3 keys that i have, post there if u need/want 1

edit: and the only reason i posted earlier was b/c i have 3 beta keys to hand out

Frostbyte
28 Mar 2010, 02:19pm
Ironically I've been raping in matchmaking. Oh and did anyone else see the game between that Russian team and LOAD where a Night Hound ripped them a new one?

Zealot
28 Mar 2010, 08:09pm
Ironically I've been raping in matchmaking. Oh and did anyone else see the game between that Russian team and LOAD where a Night Hound ripped them a new one?

Honcast ftw.

MM is full of fucking -em 1300 psr noobs

Edit: open beta = stream of noobs

Frostbyte
29 Mar 2010, 03:40am
Honcast ftw.

MM is full of fucking -em 1300 psr noobs

Edit: open beta = stream of noobs

I'm just gonna jet on out of this thread now.

SgtJoo
29 Mar 2010, 09:39am
Everyone was a noob at one point.

Zealot
29 Mar 2010, 05:33pm
Everyone was a noob at one point.

True but some people have like 200 games under their belts and still cant get over 60 creeps per game.

SullenSky
29 Mar 2010, 06:11pm
Anyone want a beta key? I have like 5 left. PM me if you want one.

Blackened
29 Mar 2010, 07:12pm
I don't feel like doing the "Quote" thing but for the people who are saying "LoL wouldn't be here if DotA didn't exist!" Well you stfu too because DotA was a recreation of something called Aeon of Strife (Hence the term AoS) it was a map on Starcraft, DotA was built off that. Get your facts straight. :biggrin:

Edit: I'm not trying to rage you guys so don't go flaming me because I told you to stfu. (Most people do.)

Delirium
29 Mar 2010, 08:08pm
I don't feel like doing the "Quote" thing but for the people who are saying "LoL wouldn't be here if DotA didn't exist!" Well you stfu too because DotA was a recreation of something called Aeon of Strife (Hence the term AoS) it was a map on Starcraft, DotA was built off that. Get your facts straight. :biggrin:

Edit: I'm not trying to rage you guys so don't go flaming me because I told you to stfu. (Most people do.)

Who are you?

Zealot
29 Mar 2010, 11:27pm

True, but irrelevant since they were just talking bout who created dota and who did dota allstars.

Also. Hon > LoL sorry its true facts. vVv gaming is holding a tourney, alienware has 1500$ prize tourney. LoL has no chance in anything.

Blackened
30 Mar 2010, 02:44pm
True, but irrelevant since they were just talking bout who created dota and who did dota allstars.

Also. Hon > LoL sorry its true facts. vVv gaming is holding a tourney, alienware has 1500$ prize tourney. LoL has no chance in anything.

I haven't played HoN yet(sadly) but my brother has and it does look awesome. I love LoL a lot but LoL hasn't had any tourneys because it is very glitchy and they don't have anything created except heroes and they have signed with Razer to get tourneys going and things like that. They have potential just haven't shown it yet.

Also, Insomnia, I play Deathrun and I NEVER visit the forums so not suprised you don't know me. :toung:

Dr. Mario
1 Apr 2010, 03:31pm
Lets hope that it really is an open beta. I don't trust anything posted on the internet so close to or on, April 1st. Will check after work, hope it's true

SgtJoo
1 Apr 2010, 06:26pm
Hey everyone,

I wanted to send out an email and let you guys know that we recently patched HoN to include a brand new front end interface, match making, a tutorial, optimizations, and quite a bit of polish.

To coincide with this new patch we have also announced the beginning of our Open Beta. On Wednesday, March 31 @ 4:00 PM PST (-8 GST) we will begin accepting beta registration which require no key. When Open Beta begins the pre purchase incentives of the Golden Shield, Golden Name, and Taunting (SMACKDOWN!) will no longer be given to accounts. I'd like to take this opportunity to give you guys an FAQ about what is happening. I hope this covers many of your questions.

1.) If I pre purchased prior to Open Beta will I still be able to taunt in game and have the golden shield and golden name?

Yes, those account options will remain with your account (and all subsequently purchased sub accounts) for their lifetime.

2.) What exactly are these incentives you are giving to pre purchase before the beginning of Open Beta?

Your nickname will show up as a golden color in chat & game lobbies. You will also have a special golden shield next to your name. Finally, during a match, you may taunt a player (your hero says a funny statement to the enemy) and if you kill them within a short time period of taunting them a global sound and arcade text "SMACKDOWN" is announced game wide.

3.) I want to pre purchase but the nickname I want is not available. Can I ever change my name?

Yes, all pre purchased accounts will have 1 nickname change (all existing pre purchases will also be given 1 additional nickname change). 7 days prior to the end of Open Beta and the game going retail (requiring payment to play) we will allow all pre purchased accounts to take the nickname of non pre purchased accounts. In order to successfully secure your name we suggest you pre purchase now!

4.) Will stats reset for Open Beta? Will there be a stats reset prior to the game going retail?

We will not be resetting stats during Open Beta but when we end Open Beta and go to retail all stats will be deleted from the game.

5.) Will I be able to rest my stats after retail launch of the game?

Yes, we have a reset stats option available on the website and in the game client. This stats reset will cost $20. It is priced to be a deterrent from people intentionally griefing and then just paying to reset their "sins". We priced it $10 short of a new account so that someone can keep their current name but start with a fresh slate.

6.) If I don't pre purchase the game prior to launch, what happens to my account?

When Open Beta ends all accounts that did not pre purchase will be purged from the database, this includes your banlist and your friends lists. All pre purchased accounts will keep those lists intact when we go retail.

7.) Do you feel that your system will be able to support the potential demand of the HoN Open Beta?

In an effort to control concurrent players during Open Beta due to the tremendous excitement and demand for Heroes of Newerth, we *may* have to throttle new sign ups. In the event that this action is required, when we hit our daily limit, players will have the option to pre purchase the game to have guaranteed access to the Open Beta.

8.) Will new heroes be added to the game during Open Beta?

Yes, we have many new heroes (and other content) to add to the game. In fact, look forward to seeing a new hero shortly after the start of Open Beta and a consistent flow of new content thereafter.

We hope you are as excited about this next step in HoN development as we are and I look forward to seeing you all online.

http://beta.heroesofnewerth.com

Thanks,

Maliken

From an email I got on the 30th.