PDA

View Full Version : Keep Taser Gun and Suicide Bomb?

mNote
25 Mar 2010, 04:09pm
Over the last couple of days, ShrubbyGnome have been slaving away to making Suicide Bomb and the Taser Gun a good addition to the server.

We've gone over several scenarios of weakening and strengthening the suicide bomb so that it is not overly powered to become an overused item. However, we made sure the suicide bomb was still powerful enough to be reckoned with. Still, it is going through a lot of tweakings at the moment because it still lacks the power to kill a person standing right next to it, but oddly enough, it can possibly kill a person standing a couple feet away.

The Taser Gun has also been modified to fit properly, script-wise and capability-wise, into the game. To make it fair and to prevent the abuse of its use by the detectives, the Taser Gun only has 1 charge in it, in which the detectives have to carefully choose who they want to shock. Equipment does not drop when the victim gets tased, because of technical limits, but the victim does lose all of its weapons (excluding the crowbar and magneto stick).

This all leads me to wonder, how many of you guys actually enjoy having these two items added to the server? I know a lot of you have been anticipating the Jihad Bomb but what about the taser?

Vote yes or no above and give a response. All of your feedbacks are taken somewhat seriously (lol) and I may begin to pursue other additions to the server (poison darts, trip counters, unicorns, etc.).

Crimson
25 Mar 2010, 06:07pm
Tazer gun?

Dracula
25 Mar 2010, 06:22pm
No.

Neji
25 Mar 2010, 06:25pm
No.

^Enough said.

TheVirus
26 Mar 2010, 05:22am
^Enough said.

Not really.

Suicide bomb needs to be more powerful. The tazer is mostly useless since all it does is make them a ragdoll for a few seconds. Not sure if it does any damage. I guess you can tazer someone and then throw them off a cliff.

Metal
26 Mar 2010, 05:34am
AMP it oup

Mutiny
26 Mar 2010, 09:55am
I personally like the tazer, but every time I see the suicide bomb its just one big fail were a traitor runs out and gets killed before he can blow up.

PingPong
26 Mar 2010, 10:34am
Server was great the way it was before. Why does everyone want to try changing it and adding shit.

Methelod
26 Mar 2010, 11:08am
From what I've seen and heard on the forums (since my gaming computer is getting repaired) I would say just get rid of 'em the server was great the way it was before.

TheVirus
26 Mar 2010, 12:55pm
Server was great the way it was before. Why does everyone want to try changing it and adding shit.

Games were great back in the 80's. I don't know why they bothered changing things. :001_rolleyes:

ShrubbyGnome
26 Mar 2010, 01:06pm
Games were great back in the 80's. I don't know why they bothered changing things. :001_rolleyes:

^Enough said.

Dracula
26 Mar 2010, 01:11pm

Because they are trash now, the bomb and the taser are trash all the same.

2DG
26 Mar 2010, 01:35pm

They want our server to be different, as that's mostly good.

Lux
26 Mar 2010, 01:50pm
Don't really mind the Taser. Don't think it's incredibly effective in heated gun battles and it only has one shot.

Suicide bomb is hard.......I'm not sure if it's not effective enough or if it is.

For a traitor to find an opportunity where everyone is together and to get the bomb off isn't incredibly easy and people run away in the time it takes for it to explode so it could do with some radius extension IMO.

TheVirus
26 Mar 2010, 02:28pm
Don't really mind the Taser. Don't think it's incredibly effective in heated gun battles and it only has one shot.

Suicide bomb is hard.......I'm not sure if it's not effective enough or if it is.

For a traitor to find an opportunity where everyone is together and to get the bomb off isn't incredibly easy and people run away in the time it takes for it to explode so it could do with some radius extension IMO.

That and if someone stands right next to you with full health, they don't die. mNote nerfed it beyond use.

CandleJack
26 Mar 2010, 06:06pm
They want our server to be different, as that's mostly good.

No, no its not.

Different is not always better. I prefer the vanilla TTT servers over the ones that have been changed. That is why i am never really on our server anymore. I cannot stand the tazer or the suicide bombs. If you and a suicide bomb take an incendiary and run into a crowd of people with it pulled. It will explode and set fire to all those around you. It's much more effective than these shitty jihad bombs.

mNote
26 Mar 2010, 06:36pm
No, no its not.

Different is not always better. I prefer the vanilla TTT servers over the ones that have been changed. That is why i am never really on our server anymore. I cannot stand the tazer or the suicide bombs. If you and a suicide bomb take an incendiary and run into a crowd of people with it pulled. It will explode and set fire to all those around you. It's much more effective than these shitty jihad bombs.

It's only been online for like 2 days. I rarely see you on the servers anymore, iScout.

Well either ways, it has been taken off-line for now. The newest version of the bomb and taser is bugged out. Until we get that fixed, it's the vanilla server.

TheVirus
26 Mar 2010, 07:15pm
No, no its not.

The suicide bomb is shitty because mNote reduced the radius and damage by far, far too much. On a proper server, it's a mini C4 that can kill 3-4 people easily. It keeps people from huddling in groups and keeps the rounds interesting.

It's only been online for like 2 days. I rarely see you on the servers anymore, iScout.

Well either ways, it has been taken off-line for now. The newest version of the bomb and taser is bugged out. Until we get that fixed, it's the vanilla server.

Gay, the suicide bomb works fine on other servers I play on. The tazer is pointless.

The Famous Zombie Hunter
27 Mar 2010, 04:46am
Losing your weapons because someone uselessly tazer'd you is such a piss off. The tazer absolutely needs to be removed for many many reason's. there's no way to keep it in the game in any form and keep it fair or fun.

Though the suicide bomb, with a bit of tweaking(1/3 or 1/4th the strength of c4 perhaps?) is a great addition to the game. As mentioned, it keeps pussies from being able to huddle in a group of 8 people and stay safe.

mNote
27 Mar 2010, 08:15am
Losing your weapons because someone uselessly tazer'd you is such a piss off. The tazer absolutely needs to be removed for many many reason's. there's no way to keep it in the game in any form and keep it fair or fun.

Though the suicide bomb, with a bit of tweaking(1/3 or 1/4th the strength of c4 perhaps?) is a great addition to the game. As mentioned, it keeps pussies from being able to huddle in a group of 8 people and stay safe.

What are the "many many" reasons for removing the taser?

Henrik
27 Mar 2010, 08:29am
I like the taser gun if a traitor is running away or if me and a traitor is shooting at each other down an ally or something