PDA

View Full Version : Some new player questions

Dr. Mario
22 Mar 2010, 09:28am
I been playing Dota for a little over a year now and find it fun but hate it's limitations. (no tracking, disconnects, quiters, etc) I been looking at this for a while and I'm ready to make the switch but had a few questions, if someone would kindly answer.

Coming from Dota was it long before you got the hang of the new things in Heroes of Newerth?
After playing Heroes of Newerth would you ever play dota again?
Even in beta, is it easy to pick up a game at most times of the day?

Eldest
22 Mar 2010, 10:10am
I been playing Dota for a little over a year now and find it fun but hate it's limitations. (no tracking, disconnects, quiters, etc) I been looking at this for a while and I'm ready to make the switch but had a few questions, if someone would kindly answer.

Coming from Dota was it long before you got the hang of the new things in Heroes of Newerth? || I had only played Dota for a few times before this but after playing couple of games of HoN I quickly got the hang of it, no problem there
After playing Heroes of Newerth would you ever play dota again?|| NEVER, dota looks and feels horrible compared to HoN
Even in beta, is it easy to pick up a game at most times of the day? || Yep, there are a lot of people playing at all times(I think it's like 30 000 ), and the game isn't even out of beta!

If you start playing feel free to add me to your friendslist 'syeldest' or 'FobiasT'

SgtJoo
22 Mar 2010, 11:19am
Yall can add me under SgtJoo.

I play pretty much all the time, there's never a lack of players. I had never played dota but it only took me a couple weeks to pick it up, but I know dota players who transitioned straight into it with no problems.

Delirium
22 Mar 2010, 03:32pm
Shit's semi-easy to pick up. the shop menu was the most confusing thing for me.

Add me under Insomniia

Frostbyte
22 Mar 2010, 05:02pm
For the love of christ do not play pubs by yourself. Just dont.

SgtJoo
22 Mar 2010, 05:13pm

I do sometimes... I regret it most of the time. :ohwell:

Eldest
22 Mar 2010, 05:26pm

Why?Pubs are fun, here is my pub account ^_^:
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/7197/pubaccount.jpg

True Twinkie
22 Mar 2010, 06:31pm
Why?Pubs are fun, here is my pub account ^_^:
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/7197/pubaccount.jpg

GG MORE KILLS THAN ASSISTS; AUTOMATIC KS'ER IN THE BUILDIN :toung:

Frostbyte
22 Mar 2010, 06:56pm
I have bad experiences with pubs.

Lefty
22 Mar 2010, 08:19pm
1.Nah, I could understand the game within few games.
2.Yeah, i still do play it. Don't like the idea of stacking them items + they have some heroes that HoN doesn't have and HoN has heroes that DotA doesn't have
3.Yep

Zealot
23 Mar 2010, 04:17pm

Coming from Dota was it long before you got the hang of the new things in Heroes of Newerth?
After playing Heroes of Newerth would you ever play dota again?
Even in beta, is it easy to pick up a game at most times of the day?

1. Yes quite a while for me. Mostly cause of all the name changes/shop/gfx (the screen blwoing up with so much aoe fx is quite ridiculous). The pace of the game is also much quicker.
2. No, Dota is dead/dying.
3. From 9 am in the morning till 2 am at night there will always be 15K+ people on

Dr. Mario
23 Mar 2010, 09:49pm
Thanks for all the replies, they have been very helpful. I will probably be getting into this game for my replacement for dota.

Pubs can be fun. Also it gives me a great chance to try so crazy or experiential item builds

1.Nah, I could understand the game within few games.
2.Yeah, i still do play it. Don't like the idea of stacking them items + they have some heroes that HoN doesn't have and HoN has heroes that DotA doesn't have
3.Yep
What do you mean by stacking items?
Do you mean that in HoN that all items can stack without one taking effect over another?

Frostbyte
23 Mar 2010, 10:16pm
Thanks for all the replies, they have been very helpful. I will probably be getting into this game for my replacement for dota.

Pubs can be fun. Also it gives me a great chance to try so crazy or experiential item builds

What do you mean by stacking items?
Do you mean that in HoN that all items can stack without one taking effect over another?

I hear ya, but I can tell you how bad I get screwed in pubs. Anyway, to answer your questions.

1: Yeah, your right, I play no stat pubs to try out item builds.
2: By item stacking, Lefty meant orb stacking.

For example, I played a 5v5 SD (non em) and I shit you not, they got
Chronos
Zephyr
Tempest
Jereziah
Forsaken Archer

and some guy on my team got literally 3 of my favorite heroes. So I asked him to trade me corrupted disciple for electrician. He said sure, do it at the 5 second mark. (Note I hate playing Electrician with a passion) So he decides to pick armadon for himself, make me unintentionally pick electrician with the hopes of trading, and then call me a noob.

Apparently I'm shitty because a Chronos tower dove, ultied me, (and since everyone can move/cast in his ulti now) zephyr ultied me the second it ended, and then tempest cleaned us up with his ultimate. But apparently I'm terrible.

Hence why I dont play (ranked) pubs without 2-3 people I know.