PDA

View Full Version : Unlimited Cellular Plans

Zero001
29 Feb 2008, 06:21pm
Cell Phone Carrier Showdown: The best unlimited cellular plans
Published February, 29, 2008

The high-def war may be over, but thanks to Verizon Wireless, a new war is just on the horizon — one that consumers can actually benefit from. Last week, Verizon Wireless announced its plans to offer a $99.99/month unlimited calling plan with no long distance or roaming fees. Verizon's new plan jolted AT&T and T-Mobile into immediate action, with both companies announcing unlimited plans of their own just hours after Verizon's news. And just today, Sprint unveiled its offering for unlimited calling. But which carrier's plan is the best deal? We put them side-by-side to find out.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w154/fatal1ty2/Counter%20Strike/sr/unlimited.png

Without a doubt, Sprint's "Simply Everything" plan offers the best deal. Not only is its $99.99 plan all-inclusive, but existing Sprint customers can switch over to the new plan without fears of breaching their current contract. (New Sprint members will have to sign up for a 2-year agreement.) It's worth noting that AT&T charges an additional $10 per month if you opt for its "Talk, Text, & Web Unlimited" plan and own a BlackBerry or PDA. Furthermore, iPhone owners who don't use over 900 air time minutes each month are better off staying with AT&T's current Talk, Text, & Web 900 plan, which goes for $94.99/month. Well, that's until Apple announces a 3G iPhone that can really take advantage of unlimited Web access.

For those of us that use our cell phones a bit too much or are interested in web browsing all day, things are looking good :)
I wonder if they'll release unlimited share plans. That would just be beyond awesome.

*Queen VenomousFate*
29 Feb 2008, 06:28pm
Where I am from you have a choice between one cell phone carrier.
Verizon, if you don't have Verizon, well then pretty much no one will ever talk to you because they all have the cheap plans which allow them to talk to other Verizon customers for free but to everyone else it costs minutes, which they dont have...

Zero001
29 Feb 2008, 07:03pm
Darn! I just answered my own question. They do offer unlimited share plans, but the discount is ridiculous and not worth it on any of the providers. I was about to grab a couple of friends and to split the cost between us.

*Queen VenomousFate*
29 Feb 2008, 07:15pm
Darn! I just answered my own question. They do offer unlimited share plans, but the discount is ridiculous and not worth it on any of the providers. I was about to grab a couple of friends and to split the cost between us.
The whole friends thing is only a good idea untill one of them decides he wants to opt out, and then realizes he has to pay the service termination penalty lol.