PDA

View Full Version : The REAL way to make elevators(and other sliding things)

Cypher
21 Mar 2010, 10:28am
Now if any of you have played Zombie Escape, you would know what i am talking about, how when you on the boats, its glitches and bugs. There is a very, very, simple solve. You make the boat or whatever it is a: func_tanktrain. And you add path_tracks. Now, I havent tested this, but I'm nearly positive it will work, and I'm nearly positive that the other people have been using func_tracktrain. I believe the tanktrain will result in a lot less frustration, and also it will give admin more time to play rather then find out who gltiched who into the back of the helicopter.

mapper
21 Mar 2010, 11:36am
Now if any of you have played Zombie Escape, you would know what i am talking about, how when you on the boats, its glitches and bugs. There is a very, very, simple solve. You make the boat or whatever it is a: func_tanktrain. And you add path_tracks. Now, I havent tested this, but I'm nearly positive it will work, and I'm nearly positive that the other people have been using func_tracktrain. I believe the tanktrain will result in a lot less frustration, and also it will give admin more time to play rather then find out who gltiched who into the back of the helicopter.

Func tanktrain is the only thing. There is no other way to make those boats do that without.

Cypher
21 Mar 2010, 12:59pm
func_tracktrain is something that i think you can sue, i havent experienced these problems with tanktrain. I have also seen too many people using func_door.

Repus
21 Mar 2010, 01:04pm
func_tracktrain is something that i think you can sue, i havent experienced these problems with tanktrain. I have also seen too many people using func_door.

Is it possible that you have tested this only on your own server, with no lag?

Prez
21 Mar 2010, 01:19pm
func_movelinear also works for elevators, just if anyone's wondering. I prefer tracktrains though ^^

Cypher
22 Mar 2010, 04:08pm
Is it possible that you have tested this only on your own server, with no lag?
Well... yeah but i don't think lag causes it, because i haven't seen it on vertical things (elevators)

spartan 117
16 Jun 2010, 06:58pm
i use doors, func tracktrains and linears make my map cease to function :( along with that they sometimes corrupt the VMF too for some reason.

Tweezy
17 Jun 2010, 09:14am
tbh, it only lags cuz the 2006 version of the source engine sucks.

Prez
17 Jun 2010, 09:25am

QFT.

(Quoted for Truth)

Tweezy
17 Jun 2010, 04:16pm
What does QFT mean?

Phobos
19 Jul 2010, 10:33pm
What does QFT mean?

Quoted for Truth

LunarKirby
20 Jul 2010, 02:55am
Movelinear FTW.
But srsly tho, srsrsrsrsrsrs When I first used func_tracktrain it messed me up, so ever since I started mapping,
Func_Movelinear was my bud.

Cypher
29 Jul 2010, 08:47am
i use doors, func tracktrains and linears make my map cease to function :( along with that they sometimes corrupt the VMF too for some reason.

Yo dawg, we heard you like bumps, so we put a bump in your bump so you could bump while you bump!

Kiwi
30 Jul 2010, 07:38am

LOL IRONI RITE GUIZE