PDA

View Full Version : zm_raptureescape

EvInReaLife
28 Feb 2008, 05:18pm
Completion status:

0%

From reading the title of this, you probably already know what it means if youve played Bioshock. If not, Rapture is the name of the underwater city your character is trying to escape from in the game.

Backstory: After you recieve a distress signal fro ma man only known as "Jack" you and your team are sent to the underwater dystopian city known as Rapture. Your team has no idea what is in store for them. After unsuccessfully locating Jack, your team tries to escape the city, but with some of your team looking more and more like the "Splicers" that they tried so hard to avoid.

I am Andrew Ryan and I am here to ask you a question:
Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his own brow?

No, says the man in Washington. It belongs to the poor.
No, says the man in the Vatican. It belongs to God.
No, says the man in Moscow. It belongs to everyone.

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something
different. I chose the impossible. I chose...

Rapture

The result is the most challenging and in-depth map i have ever created.

Drawing inspiration from the game, your team starts on an island. You them proceed to descend under the surface into rapture. You find a collapsed Utopia, crawling with thing have have lost the right to be called human. You realize that survival is impossible, and you proceed to escape to the only checkpoint you have found; a submarine. Along the way, one of your mates comes down with a highly infectious disease...

I hope your looking forward to my next map attempt.

Ev

*Queen VenomousFate*
28 Feb 2008, 05:21pm
I am looking forward to you next map, and i hope to play it once released.
Good Luck, and don't let it get to Laggy ;)

Soviet
28 Feb 2008, 05:56pm
After playing on your other map, I gotta say, I'm looking forward to this one.

This sounds awesome

Kawaii-Desu
6 Mar 2008, 10:05pm
This map could definately use flooding rooms. And scripted events such as the falling box in blackmesa escape. Like the plane wing crashing into one of those walkway tubes. Im assuming some parts of the map will be cramped?

EvInReaLife
12 Mar 2008, 01:10pm
This map could definately use flooding rooms. And scripted events such as the falling box in blackmesa escape. Like the plane wing crashing into one of those walkway tubes. Im assuming some parts of the map will be cramped?

*UPDATE* 3/12/08

Using your input, i added some flooding rooms that open when a button is pressed. The glass breaks and water flows in(it looks like crap right now, but itll get better). And i have no idea how i would do the wing thing, and it might get rather annoying after playing the map for a few rounds, kind of like seeing a movie over and over again.

Suri
13 Mar 2008, 08:56am
Can we see some Screen Shots?

EvInReaLife
14 Mar 2008, 01:22pm
Upon entrance through the doors when you first spawn, you encounter this sign,

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii189/evan274/nogodsorkings.jpg

killerkallerant
15 Mar 2008, 09:38pm
by the looks of the above, its coming out pretty nicely. and if u need some help, just ask me, ive got some experience in my head about mapping. once again, looks good, and keep up the good work

Kawaii-Desu
19 Mar 2008, 05:58pm
*UPDATE* 3/12/08

Using your input, i added some flooding rooms that open when a button is pressed. The glass breaks and water flows in(it looks like crap right now, but itll get better). And i have no idea how i would do the wing thing, and it might get rather annoying after playing the map for a few rounds, kind of like seeing a movie over and over again.

make sure the entrance and exit of the tube is either somewhat wide or high. big enough to get past blockers but small enough to hold back zombies

EvInReaLife
19 Mar 2008, 08:54pm
Sorry desu, but i scrapped this project :(

Suri
20 Mar 2008, 07:17am
Sorry desu, but i scrapped this project :(

WHAT???? Don't Scrap this. This map sounds like it could be really cool. I say break out the Mountain Dew and about 5 hotpockets, and get back to work buddy!!

EvInReaLife
20 Mar 2008, 09:11am
WHAT???? Don't Scrap this. This map sounds like it could be really cool. I say break out the Mountain Dew and about 5 hotpockets, and get back to work buddy!!

*sigh*

well, i havent emptied my recycle bin yet so...

Ill put ze_spcelvtr on hold for now because it seems as if ive got a good idea brewing.

Suri
20 Mar 2008, 01:58pm
Maybe focus all your time on one map at a time. I just want to see a great Evin map. So get to work on one great idea. :)

EvInReaLife
20 Mar 2008, 04:10pm
Thanks for the tip suri.

Its hard when you have so many creative urges and dont have nearly the time to finish them all :/

killerkallerant
20 Mar 2008, 08:10pm
mkae a big daddy type thign. like it comes out of nowhere, and kill you.

EvInReaLife
23 Mar 2008, 05:33pm
I need some help from a mapper.

My elevator got fucked up so if someone can send me a prefab of a elevator that starts on a top floor and goes to the bottom one i can be up and running in no time ;)

Marquis Posa
23 Mar 2008, 07:46pm
I need some help from a mapper.

My elevator got fucked up so if someone can send me a prefab of a elevator that starts on a top floor and goes to the bottom one i can be up and running in no time ;)

take a look at this:
http://www.fpsbanana.com/prefabcats/45?&order=prefabs.rating&sort=desc

EvInReaLife
24 Mar 2008, 08:31am
take a look at this:
http://www.fpsbanana.com/prefabcats/45?&order=prefabs.rating&sort=desc

I already went there, they didnt have what i was looking for!

Kawaii-Desu
25 Mar 2008, 05:07pm
I already went there, they didnt have what i was looking for!

ask bill, or the creator of *elevator escape*

Soviet
10 Apr 2008, 09:27pm
This map sounds awesome, don't you dare scrap it! :D

Don't Click This!!!! (WWW.Smouch.com/lol/)