PDA

View Full Version : Map switch??

1Life
14 Mar 2010, 02:01pm
Alright so we where playing Mines of Moria when the server crashed after the second round. We rtv'd from deathstar to get to Moria and it got about 30 votes. Anyway we get to Moria it crashes then it goes to boatescape 5 of course since thats i guess the servers default map. Then i get Lucid to come into the server to switch it back. Instead he votes for it to be switched back...and the Vote was determined yes. 14 yes 12 no. Then I pm'd him cuz he didn't switch it saying the vote was too close. The majority voted yes! The server crashed! and it majority when it was rtv'd to by a mile. Can anyone clarify this rule for me please? For admins that is. We played 2 rounds in Moria btw...if I didn't mention that before.

Shadowex3
14 Mar 2010, 07:38pm
Actually he shouldn't have even done that. If you guys want a different map you need to RTV it, not try and find an admin that doesn't know the rules to come and change it for you.

1Life
14 Mar 2010, 08:27pm
Umm did you read it..the map crashed after the second round shouldn't u change the map back to the one it was when it crashed?

Lucid
14 Mar 2010, 08:56pm
Actually he shouldn't have even done that. If you guys want a different map you need to RTV it, not try and find an admin that doesn't know the rules to come and change it for you.

The server has been crashing on a regular basis lately. Boat Escape5 gets boring after a while. I declined the vote since a huge percentage of the players voted no.

So, I did not break the rules because I did not change the map.

Shadowex3
15 Mar 2010, 12:51pm
Regardless lucid they've got RTV for a reason, if you want to help out RTV yourself.

1Life
15 Mar 2010, 01:08pm
K understanded. Lucid bro never said you broke the rules or anything was just wanted to understand what the rules were. I wasn't mad at you or anything just wanted to tell them in the post which admin was in the situation. So everytime the map crashes we gotta rtv back to the 1 it crashed on. K thx.

Drox
18 Mar 2010, 07:06pm
From my understanding of the rules, I believe the map has to be played atleast for 20 mins then extended. Once it is extended a admin can put up a vote if people want a different map but it has to be a majority vote like 80%. Meaning a close vote like 18 to 17 is a no go for a map change. Most of the time tho when people ask me if I can switch the map I usually give the same answer which is "just rtv" since thats what its there for.