PDA

View Full Version : [Removed] Some minigame maps maybe to remove

Spartan
13 Mar 2010, 06:00pm
First up

mg_bicube_v2

Positive points

+ Interesting combination of traps, secrets, guns and exploring.
+ Nicely textured somewhat.

Negative points

- The idea of spawning and getting stuck at spawn seems silly. With no alternative route out of spawn it ends up being a camp fest every round, CT or T.
- Boring concept after a while. Run out shooting pistols and plant/defuse bomb.
- Highly prone to camping.
- The spawn walls 'spinning' is useless. People can glitch it, get stuck in it, and cause annoyances with it.
- Some traps are stupid.

Second up

mg_middlewars

Positive points

+ Again, use of guns with ramps that boost you across the map to kill your enemy is fun for a couple rounds.
+ Plenty guns

Negative points

- Boring after a couple rounds.
- Falling isn't supposed to kill you. Sometimes though, it can affect you and not someone else.
- Small map. Nothing else to do other than boost across again and again, maybe not even getting any kills.
- Seems like a pointless idea.

Third up

mg_Jeepathon

Positive points

+ Cool cars and trucks to drive around the map.
+ Big enough map to make it fair.

Negative points

- The cars and trucks do heal you since you take damage when you drive them around. This makes people camp in them just constantly regaining health while they can kill you, making it unfair.
- The map is pretty bland texture wise.
- Use of awps/autosnipers can make it unfair.
- Annoying teamkills sometimes happen when they drive over you.
- Bomb spot is quite far away sometimes and makes it hard to even win.
- Overall its not much a mg anyway. Take the cars out and its reg css.

Finally (For now)

Sg_breakables_fix

Positive points

+ Nice idea of combining breakfloor type maps into a mg map.
+ WAS.... nicely textured.
+ No problems with the bricks as of yet.
+ Plenty guns around.

Negative points

- The textures on this are broken I think.
- The teleports make it far to easy to GET killed, since there is no cover on them. Also falling of the top can make you die or lose lots of health.
- Knifing blocks is all it is really...
- Needs a new version at least.

Please feel free to add positive or negative points to these maps. Don't want to add every single map I think should be removed just yet. Just post your thoughts on what you think should be removed from here and what should stay with reasons why.

2DG
13 Mar 2010, 06:12pm
agreed with all except breakables, I kinda like dat one.

Spiritwind
13 Mar 2010, 11:24pm
Bicube has gotten way old for me, so I agree with that one, jeepathon is a fail, agree, middlewars is short an to the point, disagree with removing that one, breakables is fun, disagree
Overall
Bicube - Agree
MiddleWars - Disagree
Jeepaton - Agree
Breakables - Disagree

Nasu
14 Mar 2010, 07:00am
Bicube - disagree
It's not a MG map, but it's lots of fun :]

Middlewars - agree
Not much to add here

Jeepathon - idk
Pretty much the same as Bicube, but camping is annoying

Breakables - Disagree
I see no reason to remove this, but a new version would be good.

ScubaToaster
14 Mar 2010, 07:29am
Bicube -Agree
Too much spawn camping.

Middlewars -Agree

Jeepathon -Agree
The cars are just plain stupid sometimes and the tking is stupid.

Breakables -Agree

Liam Brown
14 Mar 2010, 08:10am
I agree with most of your points; Quite often bicube turns into the same old camping game, but when the teams do the objectives it can be fun (for a little while).

middlewars is terrible, it's just a too small and far to limited in terms of objectives.

Jeepathon is old and bland.

breakables has promise, but I would like to see more than just breaking blocks.

Spartan
17 Mar 2010, 06:45am
agreed with all except breakables, I kinda like dat one.

New version will replace the old.

Bicube has gotten way old for me, so I agree with that one, jeepathon is a fail, agree, middlewars is short an to the point, disagree with removing that one, breakables is fun, disagree
Overall
Bicube - Agree
MiddleWars - Disagree
Jeepaton - Agree
Breakables - Disagree

Your argument is it's short and to the point? So if I made a map where you spawn with shotguns but there was a wall that you had to break between the T's and CT's, that would be good because it's short and to the point, right? No....

Again breakables will be replaced.

Bicube - disagree
It's not a MG map, but it's lots of fun :]

Middlewars - agree
Not much to add here

Jeepathon - idk
Pretty much the same as Bicube, but camping is annoying

Breakables - Disagree
I see no reason to remove this, but a new version would be good.

It's not a mg map, so therefore in your words shouldn't be on mg.

Prez
17 Mar 2010, 10:24am
Yes, sorry, I just released the newest version. If it has any bugs, please let me know. I've fixed many bugs in it, so it should be better. I also pakratted it again, so the textures SHOULD work..

Spiritwind
25 Mar 2010, 03:04am
New version will replace the old.

Your argument is it's short and to the point? So if I made a map where you spawn with shotguns but there was a wall that you had to break between the T's and CT's, that would be good because it's short and to the point, right? No....

Again breakables will be replaced.

That was just some quick writing. Pretty much like what you said though, its fun boosting yourself around and taking popshots, btu annoying when you camp. Breaking a wall with shotguns and then battling it out would be nothing compared to this. There are people that enjoy this map, and most of the time, the server is only on this for 5 minutes since the rounds are so short.
The gameplay is nice, and I say keep middle wars for at least a few more weeks.

BiCube

How is it not a minigames map? Seems to me like its totally dif from reg css ^^.

Spartan
26 Mar 2010, 07:01am
That was just some quick writing. Pretty much like what you said though, its fun boosting yourself around and taking popshots, btu annoying when you camp. Breaking a wall with shotguns and then battling it out would be nothing compared to this. There are people that enjoy this map, and most of the time, the server is only on this for 5 minutes since the rounds are so short.

BiCube

How is it not a minigames map? Seems to me like its totally dif from reg css ^^.

It's exactly the same as breaking a wall except you don't break the wall and instead just go side to side shooting. The wall is a metaphor -_-.

Bicube is a bomb plant and pistol map. The traps and things within the map make it barely a mg. And if you read carefully, Nasu is the one who says it's not a mg map but yet he still wants it on mg. He pretty much contradicts himself, and of which I used as an argument against him to get it removed. Get it? :P

Tyler
26 Mar 2010, 07:29am

Usually everyone that plays on that map just whine, because the map is retarded as fuck. Theres nothing fun about launching to the other side of the map back and forth, plus it has no challenge what so ever.

Bethy
27 Mar 2010, 02:02pm
How about that barrel role garbage? Where things come flying down and you avoid them. I don't understand how that map is fun.

2DG
27 Mar 2010, 02:02pm
How about that barrel role garbage? Where things come flying down and you avoid them. I don't understand how that map is fun.

me neither, I hate it and I leave as soon as mg goes on that map.

Spiritwind
28 Mar 2010, 04:51am
I dont like barrel role, but then again, there are people who love it.
I guess its the same case with middle wars.
Well, whatever the popular vote goes towards.

Pointman
29 Mar 2010, 12:03pm
I agree with spartan about everything, but i think that breakables should be kept on the servers until we get a new version of it

Paul
8 Apr 2010, 09:58am
Bicude, middlewars and jeepathon are all now gone.

mg_zela_something has been added in its place.