PDA

View Full Version : Prime Time fail

Haggard
12 Mar 2010, 10:04pm
By the amount of players you would have to think it is Monday 4am or something but no its really prime time on a Friday night.....lol

Worth the $250.00/month investment for an entire dedi? You be the judge.

http://steamgamers.com/images/failfriday.bmp

b0red
12 Mar 2010, 10:05pm
Its 12:00 est. People are sleeping.

Haggard
12 Mar 2010, 10:07pm
Its 12:00 est. People are sleeping.

The pic is from 9pm est, 8pm cst, 6pm pst......prime time.

b0red
12 Mar 2010, 10:09pm
The pic is from 9pm est, 8pm cst, 6pm pst......prime time.

Oh dear. :ohwell:

Ms. Blargh
12 Mar 2010, 10:42pm
I blame EA

Cromyth
12 Mar 2010, 10:52pm
They were full yesterday O_o
We just need to get some people in there and then let the flood begin

Prez
12 Mar 2010, 10:55pm
Well then.. has BC2 really died already? I don't want to think so, but from those pictures... I don't know if we should have 5 servers for it.

Bad Dog
12 Mar 2010, 11:57pm
Well then.. has BC2 really died already? I don't want to think so, but from those pictures... I don't know if we should have 5 servers for it.

we really should never have gotten 5, at least night right away.

Jazzyy
13 Mar 2010, 12:31am
like i said in vent, we just need to throw all of ourselves into one server, and it will populate.
then we jump onto the next and ifll that up.
believe me, this shit works

Tyrant
13 Mar 2010, 01:32am
I'd say cut it down to one server, and if it is full often, open another. From there, if it even gets that far, we would have to see how things progress then make a decision based on those statistics.

Farmer Mick
13 Mar 2010, 01:55am
just lately there has been a decline in players i think

vent is always empty aswell

Daze
13 Mar 2010, 03:13am
We didn't start off with 5 CS:S servers. I don't really see why we should of for BC2.

Metal
13 Mar 2010, 04:32am
I blame EA
BFBC2 servers have been 50/50 the past week.

We would be good with 2 BFBC2 servers.

Zombie Murder was a zombie community so why not get a server for the best pc game yet.
Call of Duty 4- Zombies or VS.Zombies.

Zombies is, you get knife you become a zombie.
Zombies powers, is zombies with powers.
VS.Zombies is Human VS Zombies.

Or we can get good old plan Cod4 S&D HC

P3rg3
13 Mar 2010, 05:04am
That always happens with those games.
2 BFBC2 servers is enough, in my opinion.

darth jacen
13 Mar 2010, 05:27am
Stop...Jumping...On...The...God...Damn...
http://thejackenhacks.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/bandwagon-2.jpg

Can't we just play some source please? Not that we went from 15 servers to about 5 or anything......

Metal
13 Mar 2010, 05:56am
Stop...Jumping...On...The...God...Damn...
http://thejackenhacks.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/bandwagon-2.jpg

Can't we just play some source please? Not that we went from 15 servers to about 5 or anything......

there are better games then source games.
WE gave it a try and its not working, we can try something else like cod4 or BF2

darth jacen
13 Mar 2010, 06:11am
WE gave it a try and its not working, we can try something else like cod4 or BF2

Better by whose estimation, and will these people play them enough to even bother trying? The problem isn't game quality it's getting the server popular, which has failed in every game we've tried but source because the majority of us don't play those "better" games, or we just don't have time or desire to sit and play that game and populate a new server...Until we broach out to a new game and don't fail within the first year then I'll support the idea...till then fix whats broken in source and lets get back to the quality and quantity of variety and fun that source used to be... IMO obviously

GrayFox
13 Mar 2010, 06:41am
http://steamgamers.com/images/failfriday.bmp

The second to last one seems to be doing fine. To be completly honest any time I've been on the SG servers they've lagged for me. Maybe cut it down to 2 or 3 servers.

Dracula
13 Mar 2010, 06:54am
If only I had the game =[

Neji
13 Mar 2010, 07:15am
I don't have the game but I would do what Jazzyy said. Get all together in vent, jump into one server, when it's full, slowly one by one leave and populate the other servers.

FlyAwayNow
13 Mar 2010, 07:18am
I guarentee a good amount of those "would-be" players have scurried on back to something more quote and quote " Mainstream and polished" as they say. The thing is MW2 snaps pepole in like a net, and once Infinity Ward has you where they want you, you arnt going back to "gaylo" or this game.

b0red
13 Mar 2010, 08:26am
BFBC2 is still really buggy, so I blame that.

Cromyth
13 Mar 2010, 08:35am
I guarentee a good amount of those "would-be" players have scurried on back to something more quote and quote " Mainstream and polished" as they say. The thing is MW2 snaps pepole in like a net, and once Infinity Ward has you where they want you, you arnt going back to "gaylo" or this game.

Well, first of all, no. People that play this game like it better than MW2 by what they say on the official forums and on the steam forums. Second, the only reason people are leaving is because the game is bugged and they are working out the kinks but when it is done there will be a flood to play it. People are going back to MW2 because the servers aren't fucked up and can support the load.

Jazzyy
13 Mar 2010, 11:54am
I don't have the game but I would do what Jazzyy said. Get all together in vent, jump into one server, when it's full, slowly one by one leave and populate the other servers.

This SHIT WORKS okay, when people use the 'Play now' button, EA Online searches for severs that are necessarily full, or empty. We can use this to our advantage easy.
We peeps have proven to be very coordinative people in Ventrilo on Bad Company 2 in game, so why not just help the server in the least bit, so we can atleast know that the donators money is going somewhere.

Really guys, I'd hate to admit it but...The only real reason people play our servers is because we are different, it's why our TF2 server failed, we just had vanilla TF2.
Now I wasn't here when this shiz started but when I played jailbreak the reason I played it because I fucking hate CS:S but goddamn I love this mod. We bring different to the table, we aren't plain old CS:S. What I'm trying to say is we are S.O.L. until there are true mods for Bad Company 2. :[

Metal
13 Mar 2010, 01:38pm
Call of duty 4 zombie warfare!

Caution
13 Mar 2010, 01:45pm

Usually, when we expand to other games...it fails.

TF2 - failed

GMOD Dark RP - failed

CoD: WaW - failed

BFBC2 - Too early to tell, but...

(I may be missing a few, forgive me.)

I am honestly really surprised TTT has stayed popular, but it's good that it has. SG is a C:SS based community, and when we expand to more games the servers usually flop. History repeats itself. But, as Haggard said, you be the judge of the $250 investment.

CuяlyQu™
13 Mar 2010, 01:54pm
IMO, just keep 2 or 3 servers for now and if the servers prove to not be popular, remove 'em.

Suri
15 Mar 2010, 07:36pm
I blame that people have issues with the game playing well.

I love BF games, but this game runs like poo, so I have not been playing it.

b0red
15 Mar 2010, 07:46pm
I blame that people have issues with the game playing well.

I love BF games, but this game runs like poo, so I have not been playing it.

/agree
Its still buggy as hell and lags a lot.

Jazzyy
15 Mar 2010, 08:45pm
an update was released today fixing some minor shit, the server browser is being remade as we speak, no need to fret on it for now.