PDA

View Full Version : Map Making - Sliding Tutorial?

Spiritwind
12 Mar 2010, 01:42am
Is there any tutorials on how to make a slide map, mainly just the console commands that enable things to work well.
Thanks,
~Spiritwind~

Whazaaaaa
12 Mar 2010, 02:33am
Well the slide maps are made with trigger_push so you make a box with the texture "trigger"
And then "ctrl+t" and make it a "trigger_push" then you have to give the direction you want the played to be sliding to and ofcource the speed.

And with the wall if you hit it you die you also make a box in frotn of the wall. give it again the texture trigger and again "ctrl+t" and make it a "trigger_hurt" and do as damage 200 ;D

Spiritwind
12 Mar 2010, 03:10pm
Alright, thanks for the info XD.
Time to redownload Hammer and start working up my skillz again!

Prez
12 Mar 2010, 06:01pm
sv_friction has to be set to 0 or an increment close to 0, as far as I know. It lets you slide about.

Spiritwind
12 Mar 2010, 06:48pm
Alright.
Here is another question. Can I make a map in a modeling program, import the model and use that for the frame of the map? Or do I have to construct everything via hammer. It has been a long time since I've used hammer, and it'd be much easier for me to design the layout via a modeling program.
After the model is done, I could either texture it through hammer, or texture it like a normal model, however Uvs would be way too much of a hassle =p.
Guess I just really need to download some good video tutorials and start studying =p.

Prez
12 Mar 2010, 07:28pm
As far as I know, it all has to be done in hammer. You can create custom models though, but I think you need to use the program provided in SDK (might be wrong).