PDA

View Full Version : New server? What do you want?

Haggard
10 Mar 2010, 11:26pm
We have plenty of room on our second dedicated server so I would like to see what "NEW" ideas you might have. This thread is just to start the discussion which will eventually turn into a poll.

What game?
What mods?
Why?

Farmer Mick
10 Mar 2010, 11:31pm
warcraft mod shits awesome

also why not give mnote's mod a test run if he's finished it yet

Ace™
10 Mar 2010, 11:40pm
i was thinkin about

STEAMGAMERS.COM | ......... | Surf | RPG | DM | < kinda like that

Tweezy
11 Mar 2010, 01:18am
STEAMGAMERS.COM | Insurgency | 24/7 Map Rotate |

hehe, i love insurgency :)

OR

STEAMGAMERS.COM | BreakFloor | RPG | Ranked |

Clod14
11 Mar 2010, 02:20am
STEAMGAMERS.COM | Fall Bitch Fall | Zombie BreakFloor |
or
STEAMGAMERS.COM |Zombie Mod and Warcraft Mod 2gether =]

Spiritwind
11 Mar 2010, 02:34am
STEAMGAMERS.COM | 24/7 AVP RANKED
*AVP dedicated server, new game, dedicated servers are needed for support, and this community is awesome!*

darth jacen
12 Mar 2010, 10:51am
STEAMGAMERS.COM | 24/7 AVP RANKED
*AVP dedicated server, new game, dedicated servers are needed for support, and this community is awesome!*

NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

bring back break floor? :)

Mad Dogg
12 Mar 2010, 11:00am
WCS would reay be nice. for counter strike source of course
wc servers are usualy realy popular.

Daze
12 Mar 2010, 12:01pm
"NEW" ideas ?

Read this again people.

The Baltimore Ravens
12 Mar 2010, 12:27pm
Read this again people.

yeah i saw that and i knew people would say breakfloor

UltimateCookieShark
12 Mar 2010, 01:03pm
hmmm gmod roleplay?

darth jacen
12 Mar 2010, 01:06pm
Read this again people.

why be original when the best answer is already been thought of...

SoulKeeper
12 Mar 2010, 01:19pm
Garrys Mod, Zombie Survival. I have the base or whatever the fuck it is, it'd be cool if we could find a scripter to edit/fix it.

It's from last summer I believe.

hmmm gmod roleplay?

DarkRP or LightRP would be OK, but not as good as ZS.
If you're talking about SERIOUS RP, for the fucking love of God, NO.

Dracula
12 Mar 2010, 01:34pm
hmmm gmod roleplay?

I concur, Taco Script would do fine.

SoulKeeper
12 Mar 2010, 01:49pm
I concur, Taco Script would do fine.

You have no idea the process that goes into it... Just about ALL serious RP communities fall within a week of starting it.

Who would lead it? We have a shitload of admins who have no fucking clue how to RP, shitty grammar, and they'd sure as hell go into it. It would cause a clusterfuck of grudges against eachother as well.

Also, transforming a CS:S community into RP would FAIL.

I'd also like to see you donate $400 for the server too, because that's how much they cost to smoothly run.

Prez
12 Mar 2010, 01:57pm
RP sounds like a good idea, but it needs a hell of support and competence from the admins and the players.

I'm also bringing back Trikz, if anyone's interested. Although it's my own server, so it won't have STEAMGAMERS.COM in the name. I could ask Haggard if I could put it to something like: STEAMGAMERS.COM | UNOFFICIAL | TRIKZ/BHOP/XC, or something along those lines. It's almost complete, just have to finish installing trikz mod and putting on maps. :thumb:

2DG
12 Mar 2010, 01:58pm
2 words, VIP Escape....
Really everyone wants this back.

Intelligence
12 Mar 2010, 02:02pm
what about:

STEAMGAMERS.COM | Hide 'n' Seek | Ranked

darth maul
12 Mar 2010, 02:08pm
u know i was really wanting a steamgamers | 24/7 Oficce | ranked
but limited to 2 awps per team

Turtlefiish
12 Mar 2010, 02:14pm
Serious RP is a pain, some of the good scripts have copyrights on them and require people to spend weeks on end in Gmod lua making (Correct me if I am wrong on that) and the poor ones usually have more Rdm then PB does.

Dirty Sanchez
12 Mar 2010, 02:16pm
Even though it's not new, I would like to see the Crackhouse DM server again.

Banana Joe
12 Mar 2010, 02:26pm
As a few others already said:
WCS mod for CSS, zombie or regular, would be great with one of them :D As long as the races will be balanced of course (:

struki
12 Mar 2010, 02:53pm
I would like to see VIP escape,or zbf.But since that cant happend...
Idk,most of combinations fail(zombie surf!?).

Hotshot has one zbf server,if that one could become SG server,it would be awesome

Prez
12 Mar 2010, 02:57pm

Agree. This server was so fun!

Spiritwind
12 Mar 2010, 03:09pm
It'd be nice to see another Zombie mod server in css, perhaps a barricade yourself in and survive, instead of a zombie escape.

Metal
12 Mar 2010, 03:19pm
Dear Haggard

What game? Counter strike source
What mods? Gungame
Why? To fuck with ya.

No rly... Gungame

or

Call of duty 4
Zombie

D-Team oll
12 Mar 2010, 03:25pm
how about rpg on GMOD if it ant been done

Dirty Sanchez
12 Mar 2010, 03:25pm
It'd be nice to see another Zombie mod server in css, perhaps a barricade yourself in and survive, instead of a zombie escape.

They won't bring Napalm back.

b0red
12 Mar 2010, 03:28pm

/agree

TheVirus
12 Mar 2010, 03:34pm
Tribes 2

b0red
12 Mar 2010, 03:35pm
Oh or hardcore squad deathmatch for BFBC2. Or we could get a cs 1.6 pub server.

SoulKeeper
12 Mar 2010, 03:53pm
WCS(CS:S): Pretty good idea, it'd be pretty fun, however I'd like to see a Surf WCS with auto respawn, that shit used to be SICK back in the day, there's no current servers that have a decent player base with a shitload if races.

DM(CS:S): Not really interested, it was always empty when we had one, there's nothing special about it.

RP(Gmod, whatever): Whoever suggests this has no idea what it's like to run and support an RP server. It's been done, and from my experiences we well get trolled the fuck out by Stan Decarlo, since just about every community I've been in has been attacked by him if it's RP.

BFBC2: We already have a bunch of servers for it, we don't need anymore.

Sandbox(Garrysmod): It's shit, apparently we've had one before and it was always empty, it's dumb.

Zombie Survival(GarrysMod): We've always been a zombie community, it'd be another cool feature for us. I'm sure we have enough players to populate it enough to keep it used, though we'll need a scripter to fix/edit the base/script I have.
If we do get this, I recommend we keep awards and shit, remove breakable doors, damageable props, ext.

Regular CS:S(CS:S): We've done this plenty of times. It'll be popular and drop within a few weeks.

VIP Escape(CS:S): It wasn't full when we had it reg escape, and sometimes it was even empty. This isn't really something I'd like, but I'm sure people miss it.

Hide and Seek(Garrysmod/CS:S): Boring, I doubt it'll be popular for long.

Break floor(CS:S): A lot of people miss this, I'd like to see it brought back too, but I believe ZS and WCS would be x10 better.

LightRP/DarkRP(Garrysmod): It's an OK idea but the shit gets old FAST.

Green is what I personally like.

Neji
12 Mar 2010, 04:01pm
Alien escape.

Metal
12 Mar 2010, 04:33pm
WCS(CS:S): Pretty good idea, it'd be pretty fun, however I'd like to see a Surf WCS with auto respawn, that shit used to be SICK back in the day, there's no current servers that have a decent player base with a shitload if races.

DM(CS:S): Not really interested, it was always empty when we had one, there's nothing special about it.

RP(Gmod, whatever): Whoever suggests this has no idea what it's like to run and support an RP server. It's been done, and from my experiences we well get trolled the fuck out by Stan Decarlo, since just about every community I've been in has been attacked by him if it's RP.

BFBC2: We already have a bunch of servers for it, we don't need anymore.

Sandbox(Garrysmod): It's shit, apparently we've had one before and it was always empty, it's dumb.

Zombie Survival(GarrysMod): We've always been a zombie community, it'd be another cool feature for us. I'm sure we have enough players to populate it enough to keep it used, though we'll need a scripter to fix/edit the base/script I have.
If we do get this, I recommend we keep awards and shit, remove breakable doors, damageable props, ext.

Regular CS:S(CS:S): We've done this plenty of times. It'll be popular and drop within a few weeks.

VIP Escape(CS:S): It wasn't full when we had it reg escape, and sometimes it was even empty. This isn't really something I'd like, but I'm sure people miss it.

Hide and Seek(Garrysmod/CS:S): Boring, I doubt it'll be popular for long.

Break floor(CS:S): A lot of people miss this, I'd like to see it brought back too, but I believe ZS and WCS would be x10 better.

LightRP/DarkRP(Garrysmod): It's an OK idea but the shit gets old FAST.

Green is what I personally like.

perfect.

LunarKirby
12 Mar 2010, 04:58pm
FortWars On GarrysMod?
Caputure The Ball, Hold for 5 Minutes And Win.
Gain Money Buy New Classes Or Skills.

Prop Mod On CS:S?
2 Minutes to build a base type area.
Then Fight.

Spiritwind
12 Mar 2010, 04:59pm
They won't bring Napalm back.

Ok, I'm new here, so is napalm the name of the old server *if there use to be one like this*, or is it the name of the style? If there use to be one, why was it taken off?

SoulKeeper
12 Mar 2010, 05:45pm
Ok, I'm new here, so is napalm the name of the old server *if there use to be one like this*, or is it the name of the style? If there use to be one, why was it taken off?

Napalm was Zombie Mod, where you sit, barricade, and camp. It was constantly empty, rarely occupied.

FortWars On GarrysMod?
Caputure The Ball, Hold for 5 Minutes And Win.
Gain Money Buy New Classes Or Skills.

Prop Mod On CS:S?
2 Minutes to build a base type area.
Then Fight.

Prop Mod in CS:S? CS:S isn't Garrys Mod, you can't build...
FortWars sounds OK, I'd still prefer WCS or ZS over it though.

ITT a poll should be added, including:

Zombie Survival
Zombie Escape (VIP)
Break Floor
WCS (Regular)
WCS (Surf)
RolePlay (Serious)
DarkRP/LightRP
Reg CS:S
ZM
Hide&Seek GarrysMod
Hide&Seek CS:S
DeathMatch

Daze
12 Mar 2010, 05:55pm
WCS Surf would kill regular Surf, then it would die and it would take ages to get regular surf back to the usual amount of players (happened with ZS)

Bad Dog
12 Mar 2010, 06:00pm
A GG server would be fun, but has been done.
Napalm or Breakfloor would also be nice, but been done and probably wont last longer than a week.
Xtreme climb would be awsome to see again.
Hide and Seek would be great, big fan of that mod.
VIP escape would maybe work, but thats a big maybe.
I have no idea what DarkRP/Light RP is, but It doesnt sound too great from what I have heard.
WCS surf or just normal is ALWAYS awsome.

As of what I think would be most successful, H&S Mod might work out, I'd def. populate it.
WCS mod would definatley be popular but from what I have heard is a bitch to maintain.
Xtreme Climb might get its old population back, and same with GG. Never completely full, but for the most part populated.

And since none of you, NONE OF YOU, ever want to really commit to any zombie server for some random reason getting a new napalm or breakfloor would honestly die out in a week. I loved napalm and I want it back just as much as anyone but we cant keep them alive.

SoulKeeper
12 Mar 2010, 06:03pm
A GG server would be fun, but has been done.
Napalm or Breakfloor would also be nice, but been done and probably wont last longer than a week.
Xtreme climb would be awsome to see again.
Hide and Seek would be great, big fan of that mod.
VIP escape would maybe work, but thats a big maybe.
I have no idea what DarkRP/Light RP is, but It doesnt sound too great from what I have heard.
WCS surf or just normal is ALWAYS awsome.

As of what I think would be most successful, H&S Mod might work out, I'd def. populate it.
WCS mod would definatley be popular but from what I have heard is a bitch to maintain.
Xtreme Climb might get its old population back, and same with GG. Never completely full, but for the most part populated.

And since none of you, NONE OF YOU, ever want to really commit to any zombie server for some random reason getting a new napalm or breakfloor would honestly die out in a week. I loved napalm and I want it back just as much as anyone but we cant keep them alive.

Climb was always empty, it was boring too.
Hide and Seek gets boring fast.

DarkRP/LightRP is when there's Cooks, Cops, Gangsters, ext, and you earn money and just... build and play. Gangsters listen to the mob boss, who rarely tells them what to do. Police and Police Chief are voted on, everything else can be joined automatically.

You basically earn money, get guns, get rdm'd, get arrested and wait in jail for 10 minutes, get rdm'd more when you spawn, then RQ.

WCS Surf would kill regular Surf, then it would die and it would take ages to get regular surf back to the usual amount of players (happened with ZS)

It's not like every server we've ever had hasn't died, they always do. At least with something popular it may have a chance to strive.

Dracula
12 Mar 2010, 06:05pm
1 = You have no idea the process that goes into it... Just about ALL serious RP communities fall within a week of starting it.

2 = Who would lead it? We have a shitload of admins who have no fucking clue how to RP, shitty grammar, and they'd sure as hell go into it. It would cause a clusterfuck of grudges against eachother as well.

3 = Also, transforming a CS:S community into RP would FAIL.

4 = I'd also like to see you donate $400 for the server too, because that's how much they cost to smoothly run.

1. You presume far too much.
2. I can name a full staff seperate just for that server that would work fine.
3. We arnt transforming the community.
4. Think, if i were going to donate $400 to a community to run a server wouldnt I just make my own?

SoulKeeper
12 Mar 2010, 06:25pm
1. You presume far too much.
2. I can name a full staff seperate just for that server that would work fine.
3. We arnt transforming the community.
4. Think, if i were going to donate $400 to a community to run a server wouldnt I just make my own?

1. I don't presume, I've actually ran and assisted in the making of several.
We were up for 3 or so months, went down until we got funding, and came back up for like 6 months.

Within the time I helped run the CCA, until I took full control of it. Within the last 6 months we were constantly trolled by TnB members, Decarlo DDoSing us (Until DaveBrown gave Gordy, the leader of the community, some Rcon tricks which royally fuck up peoples games.
After awhile we let Awwent take control of our script and forum, until he destroyed the server and raped the forums.

You obviously haven't been in the RP scene for long, many RP communities have came and left. You need a good team of expert roleplayers as your staff.

2. You're creating an entire new admin team specifically for this.

3. Same as 2.

4. I was implying it costs $400 for the equipment needed for the server, the discussion is we have the power for another server on a dedicated, which will not hold this RP server.

b0red
12 Mar 2010, 06:28pm
$400 for a RP server is a waste of time.

Dracula
12 Mar 2010, 06:31pm
1. I don't presume, I've actually ran and assisted in the making of several.
We were up for 3 or so months, went down until we got funding, and came back up for like 6 months.

Within the time I helped run the CCA, until I took full control of it. Within the last 6 months we were constantly trolled by TnB members, Decarlo DDoSing us (Until DaveBrown gave Gordy, the leader of the community, some Rcon tricks which royally fuck up peoples games.
After awhile we let Awwent take control of our script and forum, until he destroyed the server and raped the forums.

You obviously haven't been in the RP scene for long, many RP communities have came and left. You need a good team of expert roleplayers as your staff.

2. You're creating an entire new admin team specifically for this.

3. Same as 2.

4. I was implying it costs $400 for the equipment needed for the server, the discussion is we have the power for another server on a dedicated, which will not hold this RP server.

1. No, ive been around for a bit, I just stick with good communities.
2. Wouldnt work otherwise.
4.I know that.

SoulKeeper
12 Mar 2010, 06:32pm
$400 for a RP server is a waste of time.

Note, this is per month. Which means $400 added onto our $700 goal means $1,100, a significant boost where we could run basically 4 regular servers, where half the community (Including admin) will be blacklisted from because of Grammar, Punctuation, Inability to sleaze your way to the top and gain the most amount of power, ext, ext.

We run 7 servers for $700, $400 (Which is more than HALF) will go to this server. ( I didn't include BFBC because I have no idea what the funding is for it, if there is any.)

1. No, ive been around for a bit, I just stick with good communities.
2. Wouldnt work otherwise.
4.I know that.

These "Good Communities" have been around for 3 or so years, they've developed.

And according to your TnB profile, I'm not sure if this is a direct reflection of how long you've been with these communities, but Join Date 02-21-2010 (TnB)

However, in the off chance we do this, I demand to be leadrar of CCA or Resistance. :)

b0red
12 Mar 2010, 06:33pm
Note, this is per month. Which means $400 added onto our $700 goal means $1,100, a significant boost where we could run basically 2 regular servers, where half the community (Including admin) will be blacklisted from because of Grammar, Punctuation, Inability to sleaze your way to the top and gain the most amount of power, ext, ext.

Like I said. Its really not worth it, RP isn't even that fun.

Desum
12 Mar 2010, 07:31pm

Actually, I think it'd help. The people who like kill maps and that kinda stuff could go WCS, and the skillers could go standard surf. Would be perfect, since with most of our standard surf players its either hate kill maps with a passion or hate skill maps with a passion.

On the RP server thing... How does it cost 400 a month? Do you have to license a script for it or something? I can't really imagine many possibilities for a simple RP server to need that much money unless you have an insane amount of slots or have to rent a script monthly. If we could get an RP server for a reasonable price I'd like to see it(since I help administrate a very popular RP forum, I'd love to help administrate an RP server), but of course 400$ isn't worth it for just about any server.

Dracula
12 Mar 2010, 07:34pm
These "Good Communities" have been around for 3 or so years, they've developed.

And according to your TnB profile, I'm not sure if this is a direct reflection of how long you've been with these communities, but Join Date 02-21-2010 (TnB)

However, in the off chance we do this, I demand to be leadrar of CCA or Resistance. :)

TBH I cant stand their forums. And from what ive seen I wouldnt mind you in one of those positions.

Jazzyy
12 Mar 2010, 07:39pm
SA-MP/MTA:SA would be nice :)

b0red
12 Mar 2010, 07:43pm
Lets get a regular server with no rules. ZERO RULES.

Desum
12 Mar 2010, 07:46pm
Lets get a regular server with no rules. ZERO RULES.

That goes for administration as well = D

Ultramarine
12 Mar 2010, 07:48pm
WCS for CSS.. best damn mod out there.

b0red
12 Mar 2010, 07:48pm
That goes for administration as well = D

Fuck mani. Its only rcon so that way only AO+ can do stuff. It would be amazing.

Krazy
12 Mar 2010, 07:49pm
personally i would like to see a warcraft 3 mod server... i loved that kind of server when i use to play cs 1.6, and i would really love to play in again in source. However this being said, i also would not like to see that lame stuff that many of the other css warcraft servers do with the 100+ classes and 100+ lvl's. I really would like to see the original gameplay brought back, meaning around 9 classes (8 reg, 1 random mix of skills from others that changes weekly), only 2 item shop menus, only 10 levels (ult at 6), and possibly roll the dice. I`ve found that when you pull more than the original classes into it, that the gameplay suffers. + with this kind of server you can have promotions like double experience weekends, or other events that would help progress the levels of your characters, to help draw in more people.

well anyways, i really hope you consider adding this type of server, and thank you for reading this.

SoulKeeper
12 Mar 2010, 08:16pm
On the RP server thing... How does it cost 400 a month? Do you have to license a script for it or something? I can't really imagine many possibilities for a simple RP server to need that much money unless you have an insane amount of slots or have to rent a script monthly. If we could get an RP server for a reasonable price I'd like to see it(since I help administrate a very popular RP forum, I'd love to help administrate an RP server), but of course 400$ isn't worth it for just about any server.

From TnB and the community I was in, it costed roughly $400. The script is incredibly unstable and it lags like a bitch. You need Mysql to set it up, which costs a bit of money, ext, ext. You need a specially designed server for the shit.

TBH I cant stand their forums. And from what ive seen I wouldnt mind you in one of those positions.

You've never seen me RP :P

Though, I did write all of this for the community I was in:
http://ccadatabase.netgoo.org/civil-protection-handbook-f7/cca-handbook-t2.htm
http://ccadatabase.netgoo.org/civil-protection-handbook-f7/rank-permissions-responsibilities-t12.htm

Community is dead, the forum is useless, this is, in no way, advertising. Or supposed to be.

Sander Cohen
12 Mar 2010, 08:28pm
How about Battlefield 2? If not that, a DODS server might be fun.

Ace™
13 Mar 2010, 01:01am
STEAMGAMERS.COM | Insurgency | 24/7 Map Rotate |

hehe, i love insurgency :)

OR

STEAMGAMERS.COM | BreakFloor | RPG | Ranked |

i like ur breakfloor idea tough u ned to put in some DM

2DG
13 Mar 2010, 01:21am
I think it would be fun too to have regular zombie cade back, it was fun back in the day, and bet it still is.

Drox
13 Mar 2010, 01:26am
I wouldnt mind seeing a hide n seek server for CSS. Best fun I ever had before I found zombie mods. lol

Neji
13 Mar 2010, 07:24am
How about hide n seek with zombies?

There will be one zombie, and the other people are ct's and they have to hide (They're props). Then if zombie finds one he infects the person and he becomes a zombie. The objective is to find all humans.

b0red
13 Mar 2010, 08:21am
Ohhh man hide and seek zombies would be hilarious.

General Slapdick
13 Mar 2010, 08:29am

There will be one zombie, and the other people are ct's and they have to hide (They're props). Then if zombie finds one he infects the person and he becomes a zombie. The objective is to find all humans.

Sounds great, but wouldn't this mean zombies would need much lower health? And it'll have to be like normal Hide N' Seek where you would take damage for every time you knife/attack. Because otherwise zombies would just travel around the map knifing every single thing they see making it completely unfair for any and all humans.

b0red
13 Mar 2010, 08:30am
Well the humans don't get weapons in hide n seek, and its not that hard to tell what the odd piece out is. Which makes it fun.

General Slapdick
13 Mar 2010, 08:32am
Well, I understand what you mean but what if someone did really find a good spot and were knifed by a zombie just randomly knifing around. I'm betting on a pretty good chance of them ragequiting and not coming back; because there's a low chance they'll be able to find a really good spot anytime soon.

Prez
13 Mar 2010, 11:35am
Well, I understand what you mean but what if someone did really find a good spot and were knifed by a zombie just randomly knifing around. I'm betting on a pretty good chance of them ragequiting and not coming back; because there's a low chance they'll be able to find a really good spot anytime soon.

Zombies are allowed to just knife around... they're supposed to find the humans?

Also, we did this on napalm a while back, on lila_panic with the "lights" out. Was so much fun!

b0red
13 Mar 2010, 11:43am
Hide and seek has to be the hide and seek mod with the props and such. I don't want everyone to look normal, that ruins the fun.

Dirty Sanchez
13 Mar 2010, 02:05pm

We did this in Napalm once, it started out good but shortly died.

Metal
13 Mar 2010, 02:37pm
call of duty 4 zombie warfare!

SoulKeeper
13 Mar 2010, 02:52pm
call of duty 4 zombie warfare!

I still vote we do Zombie Survival, which is x10 better than everything in this thread. :)

b0red
13 Mar 2010, 02:57pm
I don't want to buy Cod4.

Metal
13 Mar 2010, 03:24pm
I don't want to buy Cod4.

ill buy it for you

turbodaze
13 Mar 2010, 03:38pm
STEAMGAMERS.COM | Fall Bitch Fall | Zombie BreakFloor |
or
=]

glass server

Prez
13 Mar 2010, 03:45pm
We've tried so many things on CS:S, and many of them didn't work out. We've tried many on other games, and they didn't exactly work out. What we need to do is find a game that everyone likes to play, and has a good player base (like cs:s), and is moddable so it won't flame out.

turbodaze
13 Mar 2010, 03:57pm
PAINTBALL President Shadow

ill donate 20 bucks if you do it.

b0red
13 Mar 2010, 03:59pm
ill buy it for you

Alright than.

Edit:
COD4 ZOMBIE SERVER!!!!

SoulKeeper
13 Mar 2010, 04:05pm
We've tried so many things on CS:S, and many of them didn't work out. We've tried many on other games, and they didn't exactly work out. What we need to do is find a game that everyone likes to play, and has a good player base (like cs:s), and is moddable so it won't flame out.

Garrysmod.
ZOMBIE SURVIVAL.

ill buy it for you

For me too? :)

BlackEagle
13 Mar 2010, 04:08pm
I wouldn't mind seeing maybe a Day of Defeat Source server thrown into the mix. It doesn't have to have some kind of mod attached to it but just to expand it to different games a little bit.

UltimateCookieShark
13 Mar 2010, 04:12pm
gmod idc wich mod

D-Team oll
13 Mar 2010, 04:26pm
i would like an rp server on GMOD

turbodaze
13 Mar 2010, 04:26pm
day of defeat server would be nice, but PAINTBALL would rule

Bad Dog
13 Mar 2010, 04:30pm
day of defeat server would be nice, but PAINTBALL would rule

DoD is crap and isnt Paintball just a map type? Or is there really a mod where you go around shooting each other with harmless colored balls?

turbodaze
13 Mar 2010, 04:35pm
DoD is crap and isnt Paintball just a map type? Or is there really a mod where you go around shooting each other with harmless colored balls?

there is, your bullets splat like paintballs

http://www.fpsbanana.com/mapcats/511

Game Freak
13 Mar 2010, 05:19pm
Hmmm have we ever had Reg Vip ?

for those who dont know this , its also called assassination i think

Basicly 1 team spawns with a random Vip that they have to protect and get to the end (choppa , exit , etc , etc)

The other team needs to kill the Vip

The vip , he spawns with a usp and has 150 hp , he has to try and survive , hiding is dumb couse you have to escape

its basicly Vip escape , without zombies

Hiphopopotomus
13 Mar 2010, 05:40pm
Zombie Survival in GMOD, a pretty popular and prosperous gamemode....It does go with our overall theme.

Dirty Sanchez
13 Mar 2010, 06:24pm
there is, your bullets splat like paintballs

http://www.fpsbanana.com/mapcats/511

This used to be on MG, I don't know what happened to it.

2DG
14 Mar 2010, 07:57am
|GMOD DEATHRUN| DIE BITCH DIE|

A succesfull mod in GMOD that allows you to buy models, trails, 3rd person view and ghost mode, and hats.
People will only become "deaths" if they a "runner" kills a death, if a death survives then they'll be death next round again, BUT the killed deaths will be replaced by the people that killed them, might 1 person kill 3 deaths, 2 other alive people will be randomly picked.

Riperzz
14 Mar 2010, 08:29am
LOTR Maps & Paranoid only! Yeah!!!

SoulKeeper
14 Mar 2010, 08:36am
LOTR Maps & Paranoid only! Yeah!!!

Our LOTR map was always empty.

|GMOD DEATHRUN| DIE BITCH DIE|

A succesfull mod in GMOD that allows you to buy models, trails, 3rd person view and ghost mode, and hats.
People will only become "deaths" if they a "runner" kills a death, if a death survives then they'll be death next round again, BUT the killed deaths will be replaced by the people that killed them, might 1 person kill 3 deaths, 2 other alive people will be randomly picked.

I wouldn't say "Successful", is it the same thing as DR on CS:S?
Also, you'd have to recreate the hats and shit, I doubt the released one (If there is one) would have that included in it.

Jazz
14 Mar 2010, 08:50am
Hi Haggard. Please create a new CSS Escape server. Put all the no-block maps into it, and all block maps in the current Escape server. Thanks.

Riperzz
14 Mar 2010, 09:51am
Our LOTR map was always empty.

Ahh shit maybe it wont be empty :)

And another idea would be gmod roleplay or hl2dm roleplay :P

SoulKeeper
14 Mar 2010, 10:51am
Ahh shit maybe it wont be empty :)

And another idea would be gmod roleplay or hl2dm roleplay :P

It's been suggested before, argued, ext. Read previous posts.

HL2DM RP would be OK, I heard about some GTA mod for it a bit ago, seemed pretty fun.

Ngo
14 Mar 2010, 11:44am
scoutz and knives motherfuckerz

Prez
14 Mar 2010, 09:29pm
I realize it's been done, and was stated earlier in the thread, but I think bringing back deathmatch would be a great option. Deathmatch servers are among the top in all of the CS:S servers worldwide, and it's very fun and addicting, if anyone's played on our old server. Also, racking points up by headshotting Haggard isn't bad either. ;)

b0red
14 Mar 2010, 09:49pm
I realize it's been done, and was stated earlier in the thread, but I think bringing back deathmatch would be a great option. Deathmatch servers are among the top in all of the CS:S servers worldwide, and it's very fun and addicting, if anyone's played on our old server. Also, racking points up by headshotting Haggard isn't bad either. ;)

/agree
I miss deathmatch. Can we please get a 20 slot 100 tick free for all deathmatch server? That would be amazing.

SoulKeeper
15 Mar 2010, 06:32pm
Our deathmatch server was always empty, every once in a while it would have people joining it. Lets do something new, something we haven't tried before.

b0red
15 Mar 2010, 07:10pm
Can we get a pug server?

Suri
15 Mar 2010, 07:13pm
He asked for new Ideas, so I will give a new idea.

Modular Combat!
http://media.moddb.com/images/downloads/1/19/18002/preview.jpg
http://www.moddb.com/mods/modular-combat

Lucid
15 Mar 2010, 07:20pm
STEAMGAMERS.COM | Zombiemod | Unlimited ammo | Cade

It would be popular, but it wouldn't flow so well with the napalm lovers.

b0red
15 Mar 2010, 07:44pm
Make a pug server with zblock with bhop enabled, if thats even still in zblock.

Jazzyy
15 Mar 2010, 08:47pm
24/7 Zombie Panic Source Cabin Maps.
Shit be cash.

Bad Dog
15 Mar 2010, 08:50pm
STEAMGAMERS.COM | Zombiemod | Unlimited ammo | Cade

It would be popular, but it wouldn't flow so well with the napalm lovers.

Unlimited ammo is no challenge, and we for some reason cannot sustain a zm server.

Bald
15 Mar 2010, 08:56pm
Unlimited ammo is no challenge, and we for some reason cannot sustain a zm server.

Dreadfully true. I think the best idea was DM Crackhouse

Sander Cohen
15 Mar 2010, 08:56pm
How about having Zombie Mod maps as well as escape maps in the same server? IBIS does that and their server is almost always full.

SoulKeeper
15 Mar 2010, 09:28pm
Zombie Survival is basically Zombiemod... but is for Garrysmod, also x10 better. We'd be the only sane community running a ZS server, all the others are full of retarded admins or generally empty.

Crimson
15 Mar 2010, 10:18pm
Zombie Survival is basically Zombiemod... but is for Garrysmod, also x10 better. We'd be the only sane community running a ZS server, all the others are full of retarded admins or generally empty.

I concur.

timekiller
16 Mar 2010, 12:31am
CSS l breakfloor l rpg

Ace™
16 Mar 2010, 12:44am
2 words, VIP Escape....
Really everyone wants this back.

if u replace normal escape with VIP we still can choose something fun lolz

struki
16 Mar 2010, 12:47am
How about having Zombie Mod maps as well as escape maps in the same server? IBIS does that and their server is almost always full.

NEVAH!!!!!!!!I play escape cuz of escape not because of cading.

Acessed
16 Mar 2010, 01:33am

Nah, I play on one or two with half decent communities and admins.

Anyway i'd love to have a WCS server or an RP/ZS gmod server :D

Dimitry
16 Mar 2010, 02:30am
What about Underdome or stranded for gmod :P?

Dirty Sanchez
16 Mar 2010, 03:09am

So does Hideout Gaming, and we have all the ATIX maps on the server, I don't see how they even classify as escape maps. I guess any map with a nuke at the end goes on the server.

Kennith
16 Mar 2010, 03:42am
Zombie Hell. LOLOLOLOLOL

Irish
16 Mar 2010, 05:27am
I know this is not a new server but why not bring back trikz, bhop, and a climb server like we had a few months ago. Come on bring back the variety server please. :cry:

Suri
16 Mar 2010, 06:02am
Zombie Hell. LOLOLOLOLOL

Now here is a good idea!!!

This thread is full of people saying the same servers. We are not voting yet, so if you dont have something that has not already been said then please don't spam the thread. Haggard has to go through 11 pages now just to get a half decent list together.

James
16 Mar 2010, 06:18am
Zombie Hell. LOLOLOLOLOL

Let the crash fest begin... lol

struki
17 Mar 2010, 04:56am
I chang my mind...Yesterday i played gmod rp,and its so addictive.I say Gmod RP FTW!!

Lucid
17 Mar 2010, 08:04pm
So does Hideout Gaming, and we have all the ATIX maps on the server, I don't see how they even classify as escape maps. I guess any map with a nuke at the end goes on the server.

We do have all the ATIX maps but not the ZM physics. It's kind of hard to make an effective cade quickly since you have to push it.

Metal
17 Mar 2010, 08:15pm
Second TTT server

`Pepper.
17 Mar 2010, 08:27pm
SUGGESTIONS
__________________________________________________ ____________________________

Mod:
Second TTT server

Maps:
The good ones

Why:
The First is often full, and people enjoy this mod

Mod:
Gmod zombie survival

Maps:
Good ones

Why:
I played a zombie mod server in Gmod the other day and it is very enjoyable. People must work together rather then just find a room to camp in (Napalm) what happens is players must work together, finding different types of crates that spawn one at a time and include random weapons. As the level progresses what is found gets better and better. Another way that humans must work together is because of classes, the Medics must heal others, Engineers must creates mines, and (temporary) walls for slowing down the zombies. The walls can also be used for getting to certain parts of the map (like this one maze where the only way to get to a good part was to have an engineer). There are other classes too, such as Soldier, and Berserker. They are all able to level up, and all play their part.

There are also zombie classes, such as jumper, and Headcrab, etc

Rather than CS:S zombie mod, there are only maps, so once you are a zombie that is it until the end of the game

Mod:
Half Life 2 Deathmatch Puzzles

Maps:
The good ones

Why:
This mod is very fun, and the players are often nice and helpful. The players are pit against the map, and they must work together to solve the puzzles of the maps. The puzzles can be from a wide variety of thing, some include using your light to follow a hidden path, to using the gravity gun to place boxes on the hidden platforms that are only visible while boxes are on them. It is very fun and is what got me into minigames in CS.

Mod:
Call of duty 4 zombie mod

Maps:
Some originals that are good, plus some zombie mod specifics

Why:
This mod is just like the typical zombie mid, but in CoD. It pits zombies against humans. The humans must survive for a set time. The call of duty engine makes this a very fun mod though. I have spent $80 just for this mod, 40 for the first time, 40 again after my sister broke my disk. It is very fun.

Mod:
Zombie Master

Maps:
The good ones

Why:
This mod pits one play as the zombie master, he controls where, and when the AI zombies spawn. It is based off of the source engine meaning it is good. Players are given only a crowbar and must salvage for other weapons, such as Shotguns, Pistols, and Rifles. There are often objectives for the humans, such as key cards, or buttons. This makes the mod funner than the current zombie escape, because it is different than just running, or just shooting.

Mod:
Zombie Panic Source

Maps:
The good ones

Why:
This is another mod for source games. There are playable zombies though. THe humans must search for weapons, ammo and how to get through the map. Maps made for it usually include some sort of objective, and are quite addictive. Available from steam.

VIDEOS

HL2DM: Puzzles
huXk68gz4bU

Garrys Mod: Zombie Survival
feQctFsuAp0

1VEDoQeM7to

Call Of Duty 4 Zombie Mod
ie6BtQrq8G0

Zombie Master
hwIAvDaKFIw

Zombie Panic Source
9ArPYDJ_XfI

I realize after reading that some have these have been said, but they are my suggestions. Live with it.

b0red
17 Mar 2010, 08:29pm
Deathmatch server. Pug server.

Trogdor
17 Mar 2010, 08:45pm
COD4 zombies honestly seems pretty sick, I'd try it.

1000th post, like a pro.

`Pepper.
17 Mar 2010, 09:12pm
(Fail post)

I made a seperate post rather than continue on my other one. Fail anyone? I meant to edit the other one... I only submitted the one above because I didn't want to lose it. :)

Im off to play some FEAR now that it is late enough:eek:

SAW the game didnt give me enough scares last night, so I went to bed. as soon as I saw man bear pig I got off. Lol

Crimson
17 Mar 2010, 09:59pm
Zombie Hell. LOLOLOLOLOL

I'm kosher with that.

Krazy
21 Mar 2010, 06:55pm
so how much longer until a poll is going to be added to this? i hate checking back here every day just to see that the poll isnt up yet

Mad Dogg
3 Apr 2010, 07:58am
how about zombimod what is nore like cod5 nazi zombies. you cant use props to do a bases.
idea is that first there is like 5 zombi "bots" whit about 200-400 hp trying to get you ( kill you or turn to zombi too) if they kill you, you will respawn in about 30 sec but if ur teammates fail game ends and zombies win. If you turn into zombi its like in zombimod you try to get other players too...
about the bots they are for make it like nazi zombi(cod5) that every new round you get more zombies to you. in this mod new zombi bots would be spawned to game 5 every 30sec/1min. ofcourse old bots just respawn afther they get killed in like 10 sec.
idea is to kill as many zombies as you can and to survive long as bosible. then you get 1/5/10 points every 30sec/1min of being ct. rank is to make ct´s wanna survive long.
player limit would be like 20 chose if there is too many players it would be a mess.

Map limits:
-kinda orginal zobi map whitout too good camping spots, like huge props to doors.
-meaby lots of hallways and rooms.
-just like runing around or siting in 1 room and shooting like a hell.

server rules:
-dont camp as a zombi(if humans turn to zombi)
-dont camp in place that zombies cant come

faster reloading would be nice (or unlimidet ammo)

at the end zombies wil win but idea is to survive as long as bosible. not win

Mark
14 Apr 2010, 06:16am
i'd like to see a garrysmod roleplay, maybe your own but i use to play perp, which was pretty awesome, maybe you guys could mod it into your own game.
or something like that, just throwing it out there.

-Edit-

Also, modify TTT, ive noticed that alot of players like myself have found beeing innocent really boring, give them something to do, like an objective, something like that, i love the gamemode but im innocent alot, and when i am i just run around and do vertually nothing else than find weapons, or maybe camp a bit here and there.
Give them some unique equipments of their own to complete their objective in different ways, and with this slight modification i think you'll make a huge difference for how many players are on the TTT. in a positive way =)

p.s.
Forgive my spelling, i'm from the netherlands =)