PDA

View Full Version : Jihad bombs

2DG
10 Mar 2010, 08:20am
These are so freaking funny in TTT, I've played on a server that had these.
The jihad bomb people can be shot before they implode, so people won't die, but it's funny :P
Like... they go like :
HAIHAIHAI ALAAAAAH! and then explode, it's kind of funny and people close to it die, it's not like c4 obviously, but a smaller area, what'd you think?

Henrik
10 Mar 2010, 08:57am
For traitors or innocents?

If traitors had them it would be to easy for them. They could easylie kill 7 people in a full server

And if innocents had them... freekills

Nasu
10 Mar 2010, 09:14am
Traitors ofc, great idea, I'd like it

Habibi
10 Mar 2010, 09:44am
thats a good idea, i would like that.

Riperzz
10 Mar 2010, 10:00am
Hahaha for allaah then BOOM :D

hV
10 Mar 2010, 10:16am
Yeah, I've tried dropping c4, arming and picking it up but that failed :/
That would be an alternative to stap-on bombs haha.

Harpr33t
10 Mar 2010, 10:49am
Hahaha for allaah then BOOM :D

Why Allah huh? Why you gotta pick on him for?
Why not Vishnu, Budda, Jesus or Confucius?

Suri
10 Mar 2010, 10:51am
I like the sound of this. Would be really cool. BUT I have to look at it from another view point. More RDMing? People even more willing to kill some one that they think is a bomb?

But wont hurt to try it out.

2DG
10 Mar 2010, 10:53pm
I like the sound of this. Would be really cool. BUT I have to look at it from another view point. More RDMing? People even more willing to kill some one that they think is a bomb?

But wont hurt to try it out.

:P you can't see it, really, but if someone carries it... it's obvious, and if they hear the sound they have to kill that person within 3 secs or run away.
Oh and also, it will avoid camping in big groups so traitors won't have a chance.

D-Team oll
11 Mar 2010, 08:22am
great idea thanks 3d

tinkerbell
11 Mar 2010, 08:26am
if you want the Jihad mod, go to PB.

all these new rules/mod people are trying to add that are exactly the same as PB will make TTT fail so hard, just stick with current set, it works!

Acessed
11 Mar 2010, 08:28am
What would be cooler is if you could arm the c4 then carry it on your back or something xD

2DG
11 Mar 2010, 08:47am
What would be cooler is if you could arm the c4 then carry it on your back or something xD

Exactly, that's what jihad is. :P

PingPong
12 Mar 2010, 08:07am
No No No No No

Fuck sakes this mod is so fuckin annoying. I played on a server with this before and it was maybe fun for a few rounds but the server was practicallly empty the next map. Don't put this peace of shit mod on the server.

If you don't know how to arm c4 all you do is throw it with left click or stick it to the wall with right click then you press e on it and type in your code and press arm.

all these new rules/mod people are trying to add that are exactly the same as PB will make TTT fail so hard, just stick with current set, it works!

Can't emphasise how true that statement is.

CandleJack
14 Mar 2010, 11:51am
Incen Grenade

Just pull that shit and hold it, run into a crowd of people and Boom.

We don't need a hidden C4, a regular C4 already causes enough trouble.

TheVirus
14 Mar 2010, 08:34pm
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=33601

Add it.

Dracula
14 Mar 2010, 08:45pm

^

Hiphopopotomus
15 Mar 2010, 04:57am
Maybe on there head they get a picture of Osama, or like they turn completely red for more of a warning system

2DG
15 Mar 2010, 07:29am
Maybe on there head they get a picture of Osama, or like they turn completely red for more of a warning system

no, when holding a jihad bomb you look utterly strange, takes 2/3 secs before bomb goes, then you can shoot them, or run away if you see someone take it out.
Also, jihad bombs go under primary weapons, so if someone can't take out their primary, you can investigate if that person has a jihad bomb.

mNote
15 Mar 2010, 07:35am
The server hasn't been up for a month yet and more mods are already wanted for it. Weird.

TheVirus
15 Mar 2010, 09:18am

Was the jihad bomb ever put back on PB? I haven't played there in a few weeks, but last I tried, it was not there.

Also, I was playing on a server with this bomb and it was hardly ever used. Mainly because you can hear the person screaming and just shoot them before they reach you. I don't see why we should outright reject it without trying.

2DG
15 Mar 2010, 10:41am
Was the jihad bomb ever put back on PB? I haven't played there in a few weeks, but last I tried, it was not there.

Also, I was playing on a server with this bomb and it was hardly ever used. Mainly because you can hear the person screaming and just shoot them before they reach you. I don't see why we should outright reject it without trying.

Yeah, and it gives the traitors a bigger chance, due the not grouping up.
Innocents can camp up together with 20 people, no-one dieing, that would be kinda unfair, don't you think, for traitors.

D-Team oll
15 Mar 2010, 12:21pm
cant we try it out for a week and see the response on the people who tried it

SoulKeeper
15 Mar 2010, 12:35pm
If we add this, I demand we add:

Tripwire explosives, Remote controlled explosives, A disguiser that gives you someone elses name and a reliable DNA tester for Detectives, maybe even if you kill someone you're near (within a radius) you have their blood on you which can be tested and cleaned off.

And while we're at that, include a Police class which is randomly chosen, which can buy binoculars and shit to test blood.

To facepunch.com request page! GOGOGOGOGOGO

Edit: And if you're typing, those are your last words, if you weren't, add what you last said.

Hiphopopotomus
15 Mar 2010, 01:01pm

Tripwire explosives, Remote controlled explosives, A disguiser that gives you someone elses name and a reliable DNA tester for Detectives, maybe even if you kill someone you're near (within a radius) you have their blood on you which can be tested and cleaned off.

And while we're at that, include a Police class which is randomly chosen, which can buy binoculars and shit to test blood.

Edit: And if you're typing, those are your last words, if you weren't, add what you last said.

Great Ideas! I don't what of that is possible but good ideas at least.

TheVirus
15 Mar 2010, 05:00pm

Yeah, I play on a server with most of those (except the reliable DNA tester) and it's great. I'll look into Lua scripting and see if it's possible to get the audio of their last words, maybe 500 milliseconds or so. It seems GMod cuts it off too soon.

The suicide bomb is great because it forces the innocent people to not group together in a corner, which only draws the round out. Since all of these additions are Lua, it's not hard to tweak their values to our needs.

Bad Dog
15 Mar 2010, 05:18pm
Guys talking about the suicide bomb is there any chance it fails like the one in the PB server?
Also remote det. explosives would be a great addition.

SoulKeeper
15 Mar 2010, 06:28pm
Great Ideas! I don't what of that is possible but good ideas at least.

Just about everything in GMod is possible. You can make a dildo that shoots rockets and fire, turning people into cheese and make a train smash into them displaying goatse on their screen.

mNote
15 Mar 2010, 10:21pm
Could somebody give me an IP to a server that already has these mods on it? I want to test-play it before trying to add it to our own TTT server.

Zealot
16 Mar 2010, 10:47am
Yeah, and it gives the traitors a bigger chance, due the not grouping up.
Innocents can camp up together with 20 people, no-one dieing, that would be kinda unfair, don't you think, for traitors.

And it's fair for traitors to insta-gib all the grouped up innocents and win the round in 5 seconds? (assuming the explosion will kill everyone since they're camped together, not to mention we cant have 20 innocents on the server anyways)

2DG
16 Mar 2010, 11:12am
And it's fair for traitors to insta-gib all the grouped up innocents and win the round in 5 seconds? (assuming the explosion will kill everyone since they're camped together, not to mention we cant have 20 innocents on the server anyways)

yeah, but it will stop the people from camping together with 15 innocents, and obviously 20 was just a number I randomly made up.

D-Team oll
16 Mar 2010, 12:14pm
Just about everything in GMod is possible. You can make a dildo that shoots rockets and fire, turning people into cheese and make a train smash into them displaying goatse on their screen.

lol

Zealot
16 Mar 2010, 01:26pm
yeah, but it will stop the people from camping together with 15 innocents, and obviously 20 was just a number I randomly made up.

Jihad mod won't solve bad traitors that can't coordinate/separate innocents.

CandleJack
16 Mar 2010, 03:58pm

I think Bad King said that the mod is finished, which means no new weps and such :(. He may put out a new update every few months now, but they may only be bug fixes.

TheVirus
17 Mar 2010, 07:34pm
We really need this ASAP. People are sticking in groups and it's difficult to kill them on most maps. They'll stand where C4 won't do a damn thing or in places where you can't easily hide it.

TheVirus
17 Mar 2010, 07:36pm
Jihad mod won't solve bad traitors that can't coordinate/separate innocents.

It's very difficult to separate the innocents when they huddle around the detectives. It's almost a chore to be a T on certain maps, especially ones with no fucking guns.

Dracula
17 Mar 2010, 07:42pm
It's very difficult to separate the innocents when they huddle around the detectives. It's almost a chore to be a T on certain maps, especially ones with no fucking guns.

Thats the map's problem, not the servers.

TheVirus
17 Mar 2010, 07:55pm
Thats the map's problem, not the servers.

That's weak logic.

Can we add this to test it out?

Dracula
17 Mar 2010, 07:57pm
That's weak logic.

No, thats quoting you word for word, if the map is shit no duh its gunna be hard dur dur.

CandleJack
18 Mar 2010, 06:43pm
That's weak logic.

No, haven't we learned anything from adding it to PB.

Methelod
20 Mar 2010, 09:05am
We don't need Jihad bombs, a disguise that swaps names with a dead person might be nice, MIGHT.

2DG
20 Mar 2010, 09:42am
We don't need Jihad bombs, a disguise that swaps names with a dead person might be nice, MIGHT.

Dead as in unidentified, otherwise it's obvious.

kool
20 Mar 2010, 09:43am
If we do add the Jihad bomb can we also add cars? So we can kill the bomber before he blows? Just a suggestion :)

CandleJack
21 Mar 2010, 01:11pm
If we do add the Jihad bomb can we also add cars? So we can kill the bomber before he blows? Just a suggestion :)

no

mNote
21 Mar 2010, 04:39pm
Can we get somebody to script a unicorn into the game too? I'd like to buy a unicorn and run people over with it.

OH, and the unicorn must be able to shit out waves of rainbow and destroy everyone in a blast radius of 100 meters. It also must have care-bear vision where it turns the person that the unicorn is looking at into a giant purple/cyan/yellow/pink care-bear.

Caution
21 Mar 2010, 04:43pm
Can we get somebody to script a unicorn into the game too? I'd like to buy a unicorn and run people over with it.

OH, and the unicorn must be able to shit out waves of rainbow and destroy everyone in a blast radius of 100 meters. It also must have care-bear vision where it turns the person that the unicorn is looking at into a giant purple/cyan/yellow/pink care-bear.

I second this.

Bad Dog
21 Mar 2010, 05:53pm

Stop telling people about my wet dreams mNote I told you about this in confidence!

kool
21 Mar 2010, 06:04pm

No, we wont constructive antsers!:llama:

TheVirus
22 Mar 2010, 06:57am
Yes, you can kill the Jihad bomber before it blows and nothing happens. You buy it, you take it out (looks like a small radio, quite obvious that it's neither a gun nor grenade) and you left click. It makes the 'LALALALALALALA' sound and takes about 3 seconds to blow. The script is extremely simple to modify, but I don't see a need. I play on a server with it and it's hardly used. I use it a lot myself because it's fun.

It keeps people from staying in groups and it's great to use when people are healing. Most of the time I can get 1-2 people, but sometimes I can get 4-6, but that's only when they are huddled around a dead body or healing station.

People saying that they don't want it probably haven't played in a decent server that has it available. Outright saying not to add it is what will make the game stale. If it sucks, then we take it out. Big deal. If there was a Big Daddy nuke, it'd be interesting to see it in action and then remove it. We have a lot of maps that lack weapons.

This bomb is completely different than the one on PB. Also, PB is a completely different style of play. Why stifle innovation without even trying it?

' starbucks
22 Mar 2010, 02:25pm
agree with thevirus

try it

CandleJack
23 Mar 2010, 02:11pm

Best post ever

ShrubbyGnome
23 Mar 2010, 04:50pm
Hello everyone. About the topic of Jihad Bombs. For the past day I have been working on editing the Suicide Bomb(I will call it SB from now on.)And what I have done is made the SB into the T's buy menu. It will cost 1 point. BUT you can only hold one item.(No bomb/knife or any combo like that) if you buy it you will end your life. And for everyone who goes SB will ruin the server don't you fear. The blast Radius is reduced A LOT more then the other servers. I can promise you that there will not be a 7 kill SB. You will hear the scream and see sparks and hopefully you will run away. :P I am still in dev. on the distance but me and mNote are hoping to make it around 2-3 ppl distance from the SB'er.

Features
-----------
*Undroppable.
*Goes away on death.
*Keeps the custom skins/sounds.
*Short Range
*May not always kill

If you have any questions about it feel free to ask. And I will get to you guys when I can.

mNote
25 Mar 2010, 03:10am
Update

I figured out why a lot of you guys were getting ERROR signs from the bomb and I have fixed it. Hopefully.

Some of you were saying that the strength of the bomb wasn't strong enough so I increased a value that I think is related to the suicide bomb's strength (Magnitude).

The radius of the suicide bomb is still being tested. I plan on making it kill anyone within a 2-person-body-radius of the suicide bomber and hurt everyone else that are close too that radius.

Expect this weapon to continue receiving changes.

D-Team oll
25 Mar 2010, 09:35am
wtf y cant we use tazer

Metal
25 Mar 2010, 11:50am
Maybe the big items should be 2 points not 1.

TheVirus
25 Mar 2010, 12:38pm
Maybe the big items should be 2 points not 1.

A better idea would be to limit it to one per team per round. Unless it really does very little damage. I can see it getting annoying if everyone used the default one.

D-Team oll
25 Mar 2010, 04:13pm
Hello everyone. About the topic of Jihad Bombs. For the past day I have been working on editing the Suicide Bomb(I will call it SB from now on.)And what I have done is made the SB into the T's buy menu. It will cost 1 point. BUT you can only hold one item.(No bomb/knife or any combo like that) if you buy it you will end your life. And for everyone who goes SB will ruin the server don't you fear. The blast Radius is reduced A LOT more then the other servers. I can promise you that there will not be a 7 kill SB. You will hear the scream and see sparks and hopefully you will run away. :P I am still in dev. on the distance but me and mNote are hoping to make it around 2-3 ppl distance from the SB'er.

Features
-----------
*Undroppable.
*Goes away on death.
*Keeps the custom skins/sounds.
*Short Range
*May not always kill

If you have any questions about it feel free to ask. And I will get to you guys when I can.

sounds like the react it not help it there

TheVirus
25 Mar 2010, 05:15pm
Just used the suicide bomb. It's completely worthless. Raise the damage and radius. If you're going to nerf it that bad then just remove it.

Metal
25 Mar 2010, 06:01pm
Just used the suicide bomb. It's completely worthless. Raise the damage and radius. If you're going to nerf it that bad then just remove it.

i would rather see a Fire suicide bomb.

TheVirus
25 Mar 2010, 06:33pm
i would rather see a Fire suicide bomb.

Why? People would just run out of it and get 10-15 damage. That's utterly useless. The point is to kill mother fuckers, not give them blisters.

Nasdaqian
25 Mar 2010, 06:53pm
:P you can't see it, really, but if someone carries it... it's obvious, and if they hear the sound they have to kill that person within 3 secs or run away.
Oh and also, it will avoid camping in big groups so traitors won't have a chance.

yeaaa:clap:

TheVirus
25 Mar 2010, 07:36pm
yeaaa:clap:

The way it is right now, it won't kill someone with full health. The blast radius is about 6 inches. It's terrible and very disappointing.

Methelod
27 Mar 2010, 02:54pm
But with 6 in. I could maybe kill an idiot.

Harpr33t
29 Mar 2010, 07:06pm
I would like to have the bomb on the server.

Metal
29 Mar 2010, 07:16pm
I would like to have the bomb on the server.
come on.

Harpr33t
31 Mar 2010, 10:08am
I would like to see it in action.