PDA

View Full Version : Glitching elevator in Nexus?

SoulKeeper
8 Mar 2010, 11:55am
Is this considered map exploit/glitching, and should it be punishable through admin or killing as a player?

It, to me, seems pretty legit. There's 2 elevators, especially if you're only glitching one. I've heard people arguing it's "rdm" or "tk" if someone gets killed, though that's only when they get too close/jump on it which is their fault. It can always be unglitched.
I've seen many people get killed for doing this, or punished through admin action. (Glitching)

Posted in this section so anyone can see/argue their opinion.

Nasu
8 Mar 2010, 12:04pm
It's either RDM or legit traitor kill.
If you're innocent, it's rdm, if you're traitor, you are just doing what you are supposed to :)

This is just my opinion.

SoulKeeper
8 Mar 2010, 12:44pm
If you're innocent, it's rdm, if you're traitor, you are just doing what you are supposed to :)

This is just my opinion.

It's your fault for going to an elevator you know is glitched, it's your fault you die. There's really nothing to do up there rather than fuck with props since the traitor(s) are either hunting downstairs, or being pussies upstairs.

Crimson
8 Mar 2010, 02:10pm
No, it's fine.

Psyche
8 Mar 2010, 06:24pm
Really? So when the round begins and players go and glitch the elevator so NO ONE can get up or down its okay? I'd like someone elses opinion seeing here that Crimson is a RDM-Fag.

The Baltimore Ravens
8 Mar 2010, 06:39pm
No, it's fine.

lmao

2DG
9 Mar 2010, 11:58am
Really? So when the round begins and players go and glitch the elevator so NO ONE can get up or down its okay? I'd like someone elses opinion seeing here that Crimson is a RDM-Fag.

I did see crimson do it tho.
I'm against it, I RDM whoever glitches it, I don't care if admins go OMG 3DG NO RDM PLIS! AGAINS RULE!

I see it as fucking being a tard, so I kill them.
Undepending, if I'm detective, innocent or traitor.

Zealot
9 Mar 2010, 12:14pm
It's fucking annoying plain and simple. It's annoying for traitors since prop killing and the downstairs areas are vital to do well. It's also annoying for innocents who need to run from traitors/c4 only to get stuck/prop killed.

TheVirus
9 Mar 2010, 12:38pm
No, it's fine.

No, it's really not. Prop killing is annoying.

2DG
9 Mar 2010, 12:40pm
No, it's really not. Prop killing is annoying.

Words from a true admin.
He's right, the rules need to be harsher if it's about these kind of things...

mNote
9 Mar 2010, 03:12pm
I wouldn't see it as map glitching since it's more like an elevator jam than it is glitching out the whole map.

TheVirus
9 Mar 2010, 03:37pm
I wouldn't see it as map glitching since it's more like an elevator jam than it is glitching out the whole map.

There are a few problems with that.

An innocent can camp up there the entire round.
The props glitch and jump around, this could end up damaging or killing a player.
If the elevators are jammed, there is no way for the traitors to get up there (see point 1).

Psyche
9 Mar 2010, 03:40pm

I would agree with that, but the elevators ARE the whole map on nexus, everyone goes to the elevator, and if you glitch that, it almost always ends in 1-5 innocent people dying and the taitos losing because they can't even get to the top.

A WW1 Flying Ace
9 Mar 2010, 03:40pm

This is just my opinion.

i agree completely
problem: peple mite think ur a tker even tho ur a traitor.

mNote
9 Mar 2010, 09:53pm
There are a few problems with that.

An innocent can camp up there the entire round.
The props glitch and jump around, this could end up damaging or killing a player.
If the elevators are jammed, there is no way for the traitors to get up there (see point 1).

I would agree with that, but the elevators ARE the whole map on nexus, everyone goes to the elevator, and if you glitch that, it almost always ends in 1-5 innocent people dying and the taitos losing because they can't even get to the top.

I actually feel like keeping this issue open for debate to make it interesting for you guys in the server. Some maps are better suited for traitors while others, for innocents. Variety is the spice of life, including complaints and debates such as this.

I don't see it as a glitch but if you guys all agree to classify it as a glitch, then we'll move on from there.

Until then, discussion is still open for debate.

TheVirus
10 Mar 2010, 04:58am
I actually feel like keeping this issue open for debate to make it interesting for you guys in the server. Some maps are better suited for traitors while others, for innocents. Variety is the spice of life, including complaints and debates such as this.

I don't see it as a glitch but if you guys all agree to classify it as a glitch, then we'll move on from there.

Until then, discussion is still open for debate.

Sure, it's an interesting aspect of the map, but when the rounds last 10 minutes... not so much. No one wants to sit and wait 5+ minutes while either a traitor or innocent camps.

Nasu
10 Mar 2010, 10:50am
Judge it as normal RDM, so it's punishable, nothing more, nothing less.
As I said before, if you're a traitor, you're just doing your job.

nuff said?

Maybe punish an innocents, if he just camps there the whole round and traitors cant get to him.

Nasu
13 Mar 2010, 02:40pm
:bump:
Sorry for the double post, but:
What's the consensus on this matter, is it RDM, Glitching or something else?

Dracula
13 Mar 2010, 02:48pm
Its fine.

SoulKeeper
13 Mar 2010, 09:04pm
Judge it as normal RDM, so it's punishable, nothing more, nothing less.
As I said before, if you're a traitor, you're just doing your job.

nuff said?

Maybe punish an innocents, if he just camps there the whole round and traitors cant get to him.

It's only RDM if they're stupid enough to go toward a prop that's glitched... it's like someone walked off the edge and dying, either why you're dumb.

Camping isn't against the rules, I've never seen both the elevators glitched to the point where they never went down.