PDA

View Full Version : BattleField 2042

VirDeBello
25 Feb 2008, 12:42pm
I think the game of BattleField 2142 should be renamed 2042. The reason I bring this up is that many people have jumped on the wagon of thinking that global warming is 100% true and that we are at fault. Well, I have done some research and have discovered that we aren't the many fault. It seems that you can't trust certain "studies" on the climate. Some people say we need to stop driving cars and that it will git really really hot and droughts and what not. But other people are saying we only contribute 0.2%-0.3% of climate change. That basically the movie "An Inconvenient Truth" just happened to be a convenient lie for mister Gore. Some people say we shall see the new Ice Age as in a couple decades. Yes the climate is gitting warmer but as with the past Ice Ages the weather got warmer before it got extremely cold and before the areas we lived in were under hundreds of feet of glacier ice. The last age "mini" Ice Age caused a war to break out in Europe and famine. This would help alot since I am doing a report on this for English class. That "global warming" is just political propaganda. Please share your thoughts and ideas. I just can't seem whether or not I should trust this "survey" or this "study" or whether or not they are just saying regular ol' crap.

Red
25 Feb 2008, 02:07pm
Global warming is global bullshit.

I'm not going to argue with anyone over it, if you believe in all the hype around it then you're too far gone as is. It's the new trendy religion.

phatman76
25 Feb 2008, 05:55pm
I don't care whether or not global warming is real, to even discuss that means admitting it isn't a political non-issue. The USA isn't this planets gardener...

LegalSmash
25 Feb 2008, 06:43pm
global warming = the boy who cried wolf, the cat in the hat, make believe, etc.

Slavic
25 Feb 2008, 07:27pm
Global Warming may or may not be true but the some of the hottest years worldwide on record have been in the past 15 years. Either way, its getting fuckin hot.

PZMRMwPT5Ug

VirDeBello
27 Feb 2008, 01:22pm
Well from what I read, it seems that before the previous Ice Ages there were highs of warm temperatures like today. And many scientists have said that we have been overdue for an Ice Age. So the discussion isn't really about global warming but about an Ice Age that can cause serious problems and that no one seems to recognize it. Also the reason for rising temperatures if caused by the Urban Heat Effect, it has a fancy name for it and I have the info saved on that on my laptop which I don't have at the moment. But basically the asphalt, concrete and steel of building, roads, and other man-made structures keep heat within them. And when people say this is the hottest year on record, it is because they took a ground temperature reading. And most scientists will tell you that the most accurate reading is from a satellite. But what worries the most is an upcoming Ice Age that will affect my life and the foreseeable future. The last two Ice Ages tested our ability to react to a radically new environment and temperature. The last one caused a war and famine across Europe. What will it do to our world when it is 4 times worse then the last one?

Slavic
27 Feb 2008, 03:42pm
The last one wasn't a full ice age, it is known as the mini ice age. The one that is being predicted is more large scale

VirDeBello
28 Feb 2008, 01:24pm
The last one wasn't a full ice age, it is known as the mini ice age. The one that is being predicted is more large scale

Yeah I said it in my previous posts but I got lazy and didn't wanna keep saying mini Ice Age. But yeah.....makes yah think what will happen. Whether that video game will become reality or oddly similar.

MANFRA
1 Mar 2008, 02:37pm
Well how about this.. we all go out and buy fur coats and start stock piling campbells canned foods. We build some caves like bin laden and we live like animals for a while. Problem solved stop bitching.

*Queen VenomousFate*
1 Mar 2008, 02:44pm
Global warming is global bullshit.

I'm not going to argue with anyone over it, if you believe in all the hype around it then you're too far gone as is. It's the new trendy religion.

Wow i thought I was like the only one in the world who thought this.
In my town since we live in the north, every time we get a warmer summer everyone freaks out about global warming, and i think i am the only person in my area who doesnt believe in it.