PDA

View Full Version : Define map exploit.

Metal
4 Mar 2010, 04:48am
Ok Most of you know i use them.
I only use the ones that anyone can get to.
But what is a map exploit.
In my mind it is a way to get a unfair advantage over the other players.
The one on port is not a map exploit, you can get there by simply jumping.

Nasu
4 Mar 2010, 05:55am
This.

tinkerbell
4 Mar 2010, 10:11am
This.

inc. sig, words say everything

Caution
4 Mar 2010, 08:21pm
Ok Most of you know i use them.
I only use the ones that anyone can get to.
But what is a map exploit.
In my mind it is a way to get a unfair advantage over the other players.
The one on port is not a map exploit, you can get there by simply jumping.

Sooo just because anyone can get to it, it makes it not a map exploit? An unfair advantage to other players can still be accessed by anyone else and it can still be an exploit.

mNote
5 Mar 2010, 02:03am
Standing on top of an invisible wall is a map exploit, I think.

ScubaToaster
5 Mar 2010, 05:17am
But what if you didn't mean to map exploit and you still get accused of map exploiting?

Metal
5 Mar 2010, 05:28am
All im saying is like DE_PORT.
I can get on the railings by the boat, on the pole by the end of the dock and the two pipes touching the water.
All of that you can get to by simply jumping

hV
5 Mar 2010, 05:52am
I can get on the railings by the boat, on the pole by the end of the dock and the two pipes touching the water.

Yeah, anyone can do that, unlike other exploits where you need to go to A, stack some props at B, jump to C and end up in where ever D would be. I think it just depends, if you're the last innocent on a full server, it's not really fair on the dead and specs. If it was like a server of 5 people, I don't think it's that bad because it's basically hide and seek with a small group of players.
You can also get onto the roof of the warehouse on de_port, just by using the crates out front, it's not really that much of an exploit, you aren't exactly hidden.

Metal
5 Mar 2010, 06:16am
True.
If you are the last IN, you should get out and kill the last T's

Nasdaqian
25 Mar 2010, 07:13pm

i liek hiding on those pipes, i love randomly shooting while im down there to freak ppl out,

Afamad 2.1
30 Mar 2010, 03:43pm
What about getting on top of the garage in Christmastown? You can see the outside of the map from there.

mNote
31 Mar 2010, 01:33pm
What about getting on top of the garage in Christmastown? You can see the outside of the map from there.

That should be an exploit but I don't know... I mean, you're not walking on invisible walls. Haha.