PDA

View Full Version : [Abandoned] JB_Xenon_Beta

Xenon
1 Mar 2010, 06:22pm
Alright this is my first Jailbreak or Prison Break map and so far i think it turned out very well,This is only a beta so its not even a V1 yet,i hope a higher up looks over my map and adds it to the list!

woo i added more stuff today,took about 3-4 hours just to make everything right!

The Spawn!!
http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af253/skullz1_2010/XenonsFirstMapSpawn-1.jpg
The Infirmary
http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af253/skullz1_2010/XenonsFirstMapInfirm.jpg
The Rebel Area!
http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af253/skullz1_2010/XenonsFirstMapRebelArea.jpg

The Rebel Area: is just an area you can get to from going through the first cell teleport,As of now the only way of getting your teammates or you inside or back inside the armory,all you have to do is pick up the scout.Even when the scout runs out of ammo dont get rid of it,you'll need it to get anything from inside the armory!

The Spawn Area: is just the spawn,But it has the armory on top of it,farely easy to get to the armory,But farely hard to get IN the armory,T;s to get in the armory cell hop to first cell or if your in first cell,knife the bottom left side of the back wall of the cell,then go through the teleport and grab the scout,you need it to get into the armory!Once you got the scout you can choose to go through the teleport or stay there!

The Rebel Area's Teleport: This teleport only takes you to the infirmary. So if you choose to camp there(Which i hope you dont)The Infirmary heals you 35 health every second!Just watch for the CT;s headshots!it kills in one shot,so be careful!

The Infirm: Ahh the infirmary what a nice place for T;s when they get freeshot...The Infirm gives you 35 health every second,so you dont have to wait long in the infirm to get your health back up!

The Disco: Ahh the disco,Hopefully i will have a disco in V1,V2,or V3!!

Download the map!:

BlackEagle
1 Mar 2010, 07:30pm
Looks good as a beginning. Most good prison break maps have vents and discos and pools. I haven't played a prison break map without a big cage either.

Xenon
1 Mar 2010, 09:35pm
i started at the cells,i still have alot of work to do :P

Xenon
1 Mar 2010, 10:21pm
okay i have a question about doors and guns,the T cell doors open if pressed E on or ran into,how do i change it to the button? and only the button,and the guns,how do you make multiple guns in like one?because when i put a gun there it doesn't say how many it will put in that gun,so how do you make multiple guns in one like gun or like gun spawner thing...

Whazaaaaa
2 Mar 2010, 01:32pm
Ehrm for the button:
You make a little box what you want to be pressed to open the cell doors
Then make it a func_button settings are up to you then if i'm right you have made the cell doors a func_door.
Now name the func_door and go back to you button.
Then you need to put 1 Output OnPressed - (name of doors) - Open (or close for toher button to close it)

For the gun spawner You also need a func_button a point_template and a Weapon
Ok.. Now name the weapon like weapon_deagle if its a deagle
Then go to you point_template name the point_template and for Template 1 do the name of the deagle.
Now place the deagle where you want the deagle to spawn over and over again.
Go to you button and add 1 output.
OnPressed - point_template - ForceSpawn
Now you should have working cell doors and a weapon spawner

I hope you got what i said if else go see some tutorials on how to map on Youtube ;)

Xenon
2 Mar 2010, 01:49pm
Ehrm for the button:
You make a little box what you want to be pressed to open the cell doors
Then make it a func_button settings are up to you then if i'm right you have made the cell doors a func_door.
Now name the func_door and go back to you button.
Then you need to put 1 Output OnPressed - (name of doors) - Open (or close for toher button to close it)

Okay i have that right,but still when i go up to the doors it opens or if i press e on them.Is there any settings i have to change on the doors to stop this?

Whazaaaaa
2 Mar 2010, 01:57pm
Oh yeah then you go to flags for at the properties fo the func_door and then dont do use activates or somethign like that just do toggle

Xenon
2 Mar 2010, 02:23pm
Oh yeah then you go to flags for at the properties fo the func_door and then dont do use activates or somethign like that just do toggle

What properties setting is that in?

Edit:Nvm,Thanks!

Neji
2 Mar 2010, 02:25pm
okay i have a question about doors and guns,the T cell doors open if pressed E on or ran into,how do i change it to the button? and only the button,and the guns,how do you make multiple guns in like one?because when i put a gun there it doesn't say how many it will put in that gun,so how do you make multiple guns in one like gun or like gun spawner thing...

The gun spawner is really easy, If you would like I can make it for you, or you can look at this tutorial:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_tbXhdxmGE

Xenon
2 Mar 2010, 04:02pm
anyone want to post how i can make my map better?

Neji
2 Mar 2010, 05:05pm
anyone want to post how i can make my map better?

Don't make it too complicated. Make a basic one, something like electric_large

Xenon
2 Mar 2010, 05:06pm
woo i added more stuff today,took about 3-4 hours just to make everything right!

The Spawn!!
http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af253/skullz1_2010/XenonsFirstMapSpawn-1.jpg
The Infirmary
http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af253/skullz1_2010/XenonsFirstMapInfirm.jpg
The Rebel Area!
http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af253/skullz1_2010/XenonsFirstMapRebelArea.jpg

The Rebel Area: is just an area you can get to from going through the first cell teleport,As of now the only way of getting your teammates or you inside or back inside the armory,all you have to do is pick up the scout.Even when the scout runs out of ammo dont get rid of it,you'll need it to get anything from inside the armory!

The Spawn Area: is just the spawn,But it has the armory on top of it,farely easy to get to the armory,But farely hard to get IN the armory,T;s to get in the armory cell hop to first cell or if your in first cell,knife the bottom left side of the back wall of the cell,then go through the teleport and grab the scout,you need it to get into the armory!Once you got the scout you can choose to go through the teleport or stay there!

The Rebel Area's Teleport: This teleport only takes you to the infirmary. So if you choose to camp there(Which i hope you dont)The Infirmary heals you 35 health every second!Just watch for the CT;s headshots!it kills in one shot,so be careful!

The Infirm: Ahh the infirmary what a nice place for T;s when they get freeshot...The Infirm gives you 35 health every second,so you dont have to wait long in the infirm to get your health back up!

BlackEagle
3 Mar 2010, 01:18pm
Like I said before a pool, club/disco, VIP, just a lot of the same stuff and then add in your own like vents and rebelling stuff. Those always make the maps good.

Xenon
3 Mar 2010, 01:59pm
Like I said before a pool, club/disco, VIP, just a lot of the same stuff and then add in your own like vents and rebelling stuff. Those always make the maps good.

yeah,im making the map bigger and bringing the big cage closer to cells,the pool is wayyy too big right now,i need to resize it to make it work!

BlackEagle
3 Mar 2010, 05:07pm
Well these are just things that people enjoy when they play I would suggest just adding in your own stuff maybe like a soccer field or your own club or whatever just put stuff people enjoy and add your own flavor too it. Good luck and this is a good beginning.