PDA

View Full Version : Bleach Art Scandal

Kuro
1 Mar 2010, 12:46pm
The Bleachness LiveJournal fan forum dedicate to popular Shonen Jump action manga Bleach recently post a break down of art from Nick Simmons' (son of KISS member Gene Simmons) comic series Incarnate, suspected to have been copied from the manga.

In response Radical Publishing announced that they have halted production of Incarnate while they investigate the allogations and contact Bleach's publisher.

about.com:manga has a survey of the response here (http://manga.about.com/b/2010/02/26/nick-simmons-bleach-manga-plagarism-scandal-rocks-the-comics-twitterverse.htm)

The Live Journal Site (http://community.livejournal.com/bleachness/446299.html)

-------------------------------------------------------------

I really do see some major similarities. I never thought Nick Simmons was as cool as his dad but I never thought I'd come to completely dislike him. What do you think tho?

Metal
1 Mar 2010, 12:49pm
kinda old.

Kuro
1 Mar 2010, 12:51pm
is it i just read about it i didnt pay attention to the date. still i didnt see any forum post.

Desum
1 Mar 2010, 01:17pm
"I'm more interested in the fact that Gene Simmons' son is a manga-ka than whether he's plagiarizing me or not."

Made me lol.

Wookies
1 Mar 2010, 09:57pm
I never noticed.. but then again ive never heard of Incarnate

Zealot
2 Mar 2010, 10:28am
Read about it last week, I lawl'd at the failure.

Zaraki
2 Mar 2010, 02:19pm
Yeah, the Zaraki (me xD) looks identically to Tite Kubo's...

Originality is far away these days...

xVengeance
2 Mar 2010, 06:06pm
If this goes to court , Nick is fucked .

Metal
2 Mar 2010, 07:07pm
If this goes to court , Nick is fucked .

his dad + money = nick wins

Kuro
3 Mar 2010, 01:46am
nah. i would think if anything Gene had to have taught his son better then that. Which is why I'm extra curious if this was done solo by Nick or if Gene had any influence other then setting him up with his publisher

Empire Strikes Black
3 Mar 2010, 12:03pm
the creator of Bleach said he didn't really care.