PDA

View Full Version : random killing.

Metal
28 Feb 2010, 06:51pm
So whats your 2cents on it so far?

So far i have seen to much random killing due to someone yelling your name randomly.

SoulKeeper
28 Feb 2010, 06:56pm
I think we need to keep the "... Is a traitor" strictly for when someone is a traitor, though, I have no idea how we'd go about doing this.

It usually ends with player A killing player B, where player B is killed by player C, where player C is killed by player D, where player D is killed for killing an innocent where player E either escapes, decides not to be a dick and kill player D, or kills him and gets away with it.

Suri
28 Feb 2010, 07:19pm
I dont see this as a issue. Please do not turn this into PB with so many un-needed rules.

I have heard no complaints over this.

Dracula
28 Feb 2010, 08:54pm
I dont see this as a issue. Please do not turn this into PB with so many un-needed rules.

I have heard no complaints over this.

I swear to god if this turns into PB.... just cry less and get em back later.

TheVirus
28 Feb 2010, 08:57pm
The only problem is the rounds are twice as long as PB. Also, it's normally a Traitor that calls someone else a Traitor to get the heat off of them. Something needs to be done, sure, but nothing can be done that wouldn't cause more problems.

Suri
28 Feb 2010, 09:05pm
The only problem is the rounds are twice as long as PB. Also, it's normally a Traitor that calls someone else a Traitor to get the heat off of them. Something needs to be done, sure, but nothing can be done that wouldn't cause more problems.

If it's a T doing it then whats the problem? He is then using another tool to get others killed and keeping the attention off them.

Really I have been in the server ALLOT, and I don't see this as a major issue. We don't need un-needed rules.

mNote
28 Feb 2010, 09:18pm
Part of the game is being paranoid and falsely accusing other players. Don't take this element of the game away from me. :(

And besides, we have a rule against random killing. If it is vengeful and excessive.

Whazaaaaa
28 Feb 2010, 11:49pm
No!
Just No!
The server is good as it it no need to change everythign then others who play ttt and join our server they think like WHUT! because they are used to the normal TTT with the normal shit and rules so plz... DONT change it

Tweezy
1 Mar 2010, 02:09am
To be honest, I think we should leave it as it is, it's a new server so people are excited, and a little bit imature, and also aren't that good at it (like me!) So when they hear someone's name, saying they shot at him etc... I will go back and shoot the other person (Like a lot of people) So, this is what i think, when the server is months old, and people are reg players on it, they will get more of an understanding, and only shoot people when they know who the traitor is.

Metal
1 Mar 2010, 06:45am
KK, just asking.
I still hate the RK but hey this is better than PB

hV
1 Mar 2010, 07:01am
Yeah, the server is good the way it is, it obviously isn't perfect but things can be cleared up sooner or later. I think the round times are a bit long, especially if you're killed early on in the round and the prop punch meter is a bit too slow and boring to spend time anyway.

Nasu
1 Mar 2010, 07:56am
Yeah, the server is good the way it is, it obviously isn't perfect but things can be cleared up sooner or later. I think the round times are a bit long, especially if you're killed early on in the round and the prop punch meter is a bit too slow and boring to spend time anyway.

Or something new for spectators :O

2DG
1 Mar 2010, 12:58pm
I got killed when I was a traitor when I fired no single shot, simply because a fellow traitor was screaming around the people who were.

hV
1 Mar 2010, 01:23pm
I take back what I said.
Admins need to get rid of the people who constantly blame others at the beginning of rounds, it's ridiculous.
Before traitors were picked, I was called traitor by one guy, then that grew and funnily enough I was picked traitor and they all killed me.
This happened so many rounds even when I was innocent and admins wouldn't even listen until it happened to one of them.

Dracula
1 Mar 2010, 02:05pm
I take back what I said.
Admins need to get rid of the people who constantly blame others at the beginning of rounds, it's ridiculous.
Before traitors were picked, I was called traitor by one guy, then that grew and funnily enough I was picked traitor and they all killed me.
This happened so many rounds even when I was innocent and admins wouldn't even listen until it happened to one of them.

If someone is really being this obnoxious I hope im not the only one that will mute them.

I understand doing it as a joke or fucking over your freind every once and a while [its quite fun] but if its round after round the person needs to chill out.

TheVirus
1 Mar 2010, 02:30pm
If it's a T doing it then whats the problem? He is then using another tool to get others killed and keeping the attention off them.

Really I have been in the server ALLOT, and I don't see this as a major issue. We don't need un-needed rules.

I know, it's fun and part of the game. What I mean was people killing someone simply because they 'thought' they were a T with no proof. I don't agree to go into a testing tube, everyone thinks I'm a T and tries to gun me down.

I'm not saying we need a rule, I just wish people weren't so damn trigger happy. If anything, the karma system should be more strict if this becomes a bigger issue, which I don't think it is.

Suri
1 Mar 2010, 04:46pm
I know, it's fun and part of the game. What I mean was people killing someone simply because they 'thought' they were a T with no proof. I don't agree to go into a testing tube, everyone thinks I'm a T and tries to gun me down.

I'm not saying we need a rule, I just wish people weren't so damn trigger happy. If anything, the karma system should be more strict if this becomes a bigger issue, which I don't think it is.

We could tweak the karam system a bit I think. Right now you do have to RDM allot of people to get kicked/Banned. From what I am told though if you get to 200 karam you get IP banned.

Admins can Gag or Gimp players who are this annoying round after round. If it really is that bad this should be your first option in trying to defuse the sistuation with people who are really trying to screw the round up.

A WW1 Flying Ace
1 Mar 2010, 06:51pm
i love ttt soo much W00t

hV
2 Mar 2010, 07:59am
We could tweak the karam system a bit I think. Right now you do have to RDM allot of people to get kicked/Banned. From what I am told though if you get to 200 karam you get IP banned.

Admins can Gag or Gimp players who are this annoying round after round. If it really is that bad this should be your first option in trying to defuse the sistuation with people who are really trying to screw the round up.

Thing is it was happening every round with quite a few admins on, I kept asking them to sort it out, even tcp and paul but they just ignored me... Then it happened to Lux and he started to bring up the player about it. Apparently admins are so much higher up than regular players in these situations.

Dracula
2 Mar 2010, 01:05pm
Thing is it was happening every round with quite a few admins on, I kept asking them to sort it out, even tcp and paul but they just ignored me... Then it happened to Lux and he started to bring up the player about it. Apparently admins are so much higher up than regular players in these situations.

Sounds to me like you mad guy.

Zealot
2 Mar 2010, 08:57pm
Don't play with scrubs. Just played for like 2 hours, there was random killing but not without suspecting/trying to find traitors.

Fizzlar
3 Mar 2010, 03:27am
Personally i have been killed quete a few times due to somone "Thinking" i was a traitor, or killing me as traitor with no evidences at all. Fucking annoying :(

Fizzlar
3 Mar 2010, 03:28am
I take back what I said.
Indeed so hard.

SilentGuns
3 Mar 2010, 07:10am
I usually get killed by the detective when im innocent. I just go with him, then he looks at me and shoots me in the face, without a reason.

My usual warning is

if you RDM again , then its flame on for you or/and kick

flame on of course meaning that im going to jail him and burn him to death. Third RDM will result in a ban.

Neji
3 Mar 2010, 08:04am
I think all we need is people to stop QQ'ing and play.
It's just a fucking game, get over it.

Suri
3 Mar 2010, 08:17am
I think all we need is people to stop QQ'ing and play.
It's just a fucking game, get over it.

Not bad advice. I think people are making this sound worse then it really is. If you are getting RDMed every round after round then there is something to complain about. But I have not seen this happen. I have played in the server allot and maybe every 4 or 5 rounds I could get RDMed. It's not a big deal. Yes it sucks when you are the T and it happens.

But we are all guilty in some way of a RDM here and there. Cough Crimson Cough! So just get over it. If a player is doing it round after round and it looks like they are going out of their way to kill you. Then Maul them or Jail them. But I think we need to stop complain so much. Thats what made PB suck to play in.

hV
3 Mar 2010, 09:19am
Not bad advice. I think people are making this sound worse then it really is. If you are getting RDMed every round after round then there is something to complain about. But I have not seen this happen. I have played in the server allot and maybe every 4 or 5 rounds I could get RDMed. It's not a big deal. Yes it sucks when you are the T and it happens.

But we are all guilty in some way of a RDM here and there. Cough Crimson Cough! So just get over it. If a player is doing it round after round and it looks like they are going out of their way to kill you. Then Maul them or Jail them. But I think we need to stop complain so much. Thats what made PB suck to play in.

That's the point haha, I WAS RDM'd every round or at least called out to be a traitor and killed each round for it. It took so long just for one admin to say "stop" and it ended, on a server full of admins.
But that's over with now.

2DG
3 Mar 2010, 12:58pm
It's getting fucking terrible.
Someone got on the weapon checker [to check for traitor weapons]
And I just came out of the police office, as an innocent, then someone screamed, OMG 3DG had a knife! KILL HIM!
Happens almost every round, then they also say I.... I was the one RDM'ing.
I'm getting fucking sick of it, and no longer playing till this problem is getting solved.

mNote
3 Mar 2010, 01:33pm
In response to the multiple complaints that I have heard about RDMing, I have upped the penalty for killing innocents and detectives by 2x.

This means that you will lose more karma than usual for killing an innocent if you were innocent yourself. Everything SHOULD decrease RDMing but it will also decrease the frequency players are willing to take chances on spotting traitors.

Let me know what you guys think of the new ratio in a week or so.

Edit: I dropped it down to 1.5x because the dip was way too steep.

Suri
3 Mar 2010, 01:33pm
Some one can't just say it's so and so and then they kill you. There is no proof. Unless some one says it's (name here) and then they die. You have some proof there. But if it's at the start of a round and you have done nothing at all and did not touch the person saying its you. Well then that person should be kicked, and if they return doing it just ban them.

Nasu
4 Mar 2010, 05:52am
And I just came out of the police office, as an innocent, then someone screamed, OMG 3DG had a knife! KILL HIM!
I'm getting fucking sick of it, and no longer playing till this problem is getting solved.

The guy who yelled this might have been a traitor y'know.

2DG
4 Mar 2010, 06:41am
The guy who yelled this might have been a traitor y'know.

The one operating the weapon checker was traitor, and he was the only one not screaming OMG 3DG has a knife!!

Neji
4 Mar 2010, 07:28am

This problem will never get solved. There will always be a retard who will RDM you. We can warn them, ban them, but then some other retard will come to our server. We cant really do shit about this. Just get over it and Stop QQ'ing, that's my advice. If you don't like waiting till the round is over, use the steam browser and go on youtube or something.

Habibi
17 Mar 2010, 10:28pm
So whats your 2cents on it so far?

So far i have seen to much random killing due to someone yelling your name randomly.

Personally, their is way too much RDMin in TTT, way too much but its still fun!