PDA

View Full Version : Stuttering and laggy

TheVirus
27 Feb 2010, 08:50pm
Hello.

When I play TTT, my game stutters a lot and gives some lag as well. People's voices break up and the game is difficult to play as a Terrorist. Any ideas?

Before you say get a new PC, here are my specs:

Windows 7 64bit
8GB DDR2 RAM
10k RPM SATA HDD
Q6600 Core 2 Quad CPU
nVidia GTX280

Rebooted last night and played this morning and it didn't help. I've also just installed Windows 7, so this is as fresh an OS install can be.

Jaceur
27 Feb 2010, 09:10pm
Hi, It dosent seem to lag for me and my specs seem to be a bit lower than yours. I think if anything thing it is most probabbly your gmod. Are you experiencing any lua errors while playing the game? If so this is probably why. If not, then maybe you have too much addons and if that dosen't work, i would make a a backup of that addons, map and gamemode folder and re-install. I hope this helps.

DaWhite

Suri
27 Feb 2010, 09:10pm
Hello.

When I play TTT, my game stutters a lot and gives some lag as well. People's voices break up and the game is difficult to play as a Terrorist. Any ideas?

Before you say get a new PC, here are my specs:

Windows 7 64bit
8GB DDR2 RAM
10k RPM SATA HDD
Q6600 Core 2 Quad CPU
nVidia GTX280

Rebooted last night and played this morning and it didn't help. I've also just installed Windows 7, so this is as fresh an OS install can be.

Then its just you. We have had a full server for the last 2 days and I have not heard this from any one else.

mNote
27 Feb 2010, 09:27pm
Haggard was doing some unannounced maintenance today so it might of taken away some resources. But, IDK.

Plus, GMod in general is always choppy and non-smooth and gets bugged out sometimes because it was originally a sandbox mod and not one built for a specific purpose.

TheVirus
27 Feb 2010, 09:40pm
Hi, It dosent seem to lag for me and my specs seem to be a bit lower than yours. I think if anything thing it is most probabbly your gmod. Are you experiencing any lua errors while playing the game? If so this is probably why. If not, then maybe you have too much addons and if that dosen't work, i would make a a backup of that addons, map and gamemode folder and re-install. I hope this helps.

DaWhite

TTT is the only mod I've played.

Haggard was doing some unannounced maintenance today so it might of taken away some resources. But, IDK.

Plus, GMod in general is always choppy and non-smooth and gets bugged out sometimes because it was originally a sandbox mod and not one built for a specific purpose.

I was on another server and it was the same thing.

I'll look for errors in the console and see if anything pops up.

Kennith
27 Feb 2010, 10:16pm
TTT is the only mod I've played.

I was on another server and it was the same thing.

I'll look for errors in the console and see if anything pops up.

Defrag the game, then ctrl+alt+del and right click on gmod, and click on set priority, then click ABOVE NORMAL. It should fix it.

TheVirus
28 Feb 2010, 02:26pm
I set the core affinity to Core 3 and it fixed the problem.