PDA

View Full Version : Napalm RETURNS!!! *read extremely important*

goldhawk53
24 Feb 2010, 06:26pm
Yeah, it would be nice, wouldn't it.

Why, why, why for the love of god would you guys get rid of napalm? I mean, not to be a dick or anything, but that was the best thing about ZombieMurder.

Or "SteamGamers" as it's now called.

Back in the day you guys were the GOTO zombie servers, now you got reg CSS servers and one little zombie server on the side, the same as everyone else. Now i'm sure this has to do with monetary issues but... seriously? A prison break and minigames server? Get rid of those and have napalm!!

I'm POSITIVE this has been discussed in length before, but seriously?? Napalm was the best zombie server EVER. I still have great memories of camping the vines on cbble.

Now, I have no problem with SG, or the way that it's run, I think you guys are doing a fantastic job of what your trying to do, but this was a HUGE miscalculation in my eyes. Almost every single regular on your forums that joined between 07 and 08 originated from the Napalm server, just like me.

Now, im not bitching about the way you guys are run, it's just i come back to CSS and i find my favorite server gone... I'm pretty sure most of you would be pretty pissed too.

-goldhawk

Vivian556
24 Feb 2010, 06:29pm
Bicth. I thought you were fo real.

barackobama
24 Feb 2010, 06:29pm
Here we go again..........

goldhawk53
24 Feb 2010, 06:38pm
Here we go again..........

What's that supposed to mean? If this post means what i think, then people have complained about the removal of napalm before. In almost every thread i see, i see someone bring up napalm, or the memory of it.

So unless I'm missing something, why not give your devoted players what they want?

xVengeance
24 Feb 2010, 06:44pm
Fuuuu gold.
You fooled me.
Stupid damn thread title
*ragerageragerageragerageragerageragerageragerager agerageragerage*

Hamster power
24 Feb 2010, 06:46pm
way to trick us.

Drox
24 Feb 2010, 06:48pm
Only time Napalm filled up was when females were on it, or people were tricked into thinking they were on it. :P All the old schoolers here would probably love it being back, but lets be honest people...it just doesnt fill up and stay filled up like our other servers.

xVengeance
24 Feb 2010, 06:49pm
Only time Napalm filled up was when females were on it, or people were tricked into thinking they were on it. :P All the old schoolers here would probably love it being back, but lets be honest people...it just doesnt fill up and stay filled up like our other servers.

We just need new maps on it that are addicting ;)

EDIT : Like LOTR and stuff.

Vivian556
24 Feb 2010, 06:50pm
We just need new maps on it that are addicting ;)

EDIT : Like LOTR and stuff.

You mean Fun maps;; Not Lotr.

xVengeance
24 Feb 2010, 06:51pm
You mean Fun maps;; Not Lotr.

Lool, they were fun when they came out. And yes i meant fun maps.
REALLY FUN MAPS.

Bad Dog
24 Feb 2010, 06:56pm
Fuck Napalm. I demand my goddamn lil escape NAOW.

Alucard
24 Feb 2010, 06:58pm
way to trick us.

If Napalm would return I think it would be annouced in the announcements Section of the forums, not here...

ScubaToaster
24 Feb 2010, 07:01pm
Hawk napalm won't return and the PB and MG servers SG has on now are almost always filled. So why do we need napalm back? ( I never said I hate napalm )

cakeshark
24 Feb 2010, 07:03pm
We need rules that make sure that everyone has fun. If we could make it so the random zombie picker could not pick the same player twice, that would help HUGELY with rage quitting.
Make short enough rounds so that if the zombies fail, zombies dont get pissed and quit.
Also so that if there is an impossible cade, zombies wont again rage quit due to having to wait 2-3 mintues till end of round.

In the 4 or so years off and on of playing napalm at SG/ZM, these two issues are what i have seen clear out the server the most. maps like zombie ball also clear out the server. I like the map, but most random passing through players will leave after a few minutes. It is more the exception than the average for the server to stay full on that map.

Bilbo Baggins
24 Feb 2010, 07:05pm
People give up, Napalm isn't gonna come back again. Just in the time I've been here its be removed and put a couple of times. When it comes back people play on it for a few days then its empty so it gets removed again.

I love napalm as much as the next guy, but its dead.

barackobama
24 Feb 2010, 07:06pm
Same old story, you all cry it's gone, when we bring it back It is never full or played, maybe for the first 2 days. but no, we've tried and tried, we won't be bringing it back again.

cakeshark
24 Feb 2010, 07:08pm
People give up, Napalm isn't gonna come back again. Just in the time I've been here its be removed and put a couple of times. When it comes back people play on it for a few days then its empty so it gets removed again.

I love napalm as much as the next guy, but its dead.
what? when the server was reopened randomly for like a month it would often have 10 or more players. it wasn't even listed on the servers page. just needs better rules, and fewer maps. get rid of any map that is not very very awesome. we dont need variety if it kills the server on a map change.

Same old story, you all cry it's gone, when we bring it back It is never full or played, maybe for the first 2 days. but no, we've tried and tried, we won't be bringing it back again.

when it was reopened officially last time it got pretty much no actual support. not like notifications, but gameplay tweaks. just threw a bunch of untested maps on and said have at it. of course that's going to suck.

goldhawk53
24 Feb 2010, 07:11pm

That's because Napalm was a regular player based server. Most of the population of that server was players who have played before. But all those old regs have moved on now, unless they joined the forums, which of course is a different story... but let's be real here. How many regs join forums? About 10%. We "cry that it's gone" because WERE the regs that found the time to join the forums and stick to this community. But now that napalms gone we lost a huge chunk of our membership that were never going to get back.

ScubaToaster
24 Feb 2010, 07:18pm
Gold that may be true but like Garfield said you never play it... I was there at the last release and hardly anybody was on when I came back from the movies 7 hours later.

ScubaToaster
24 Feb 2010, 07:19pm
Hardly anyone plays on it anymore like Garfield said. "STOP CRYING"

cakeshark
24 Feb 2010, 07:20pm

if that is all you have to say, don't bother.

ScubaToaster
24 Feb 2010, 07:22pm
Yes maam. But I must warn you on this also. Don't beat a dead horse.

cakeshark
24 Feb 2010, 07:49pm
Yes maam. But I must warn you on this also. Don't beat a dead horse.

nice, you called me ma'am.
you are a witty, funny guy. optimistic about napalm to boot!
geez we really could use more people like you around here.
:thumb:

btw i didn't start this thread so dead horse beating is uncalled for. if you read any thing i posted in this thread - you would see all i have done is make suggestions for how to better the server, and to rebuke everyone that says stop crying about it. you just want to talk down to other people, i have seen very little qqing in this thread.

ScubaToaster
24 Feb 2010, 07:51pm
Me neither and to answer your statement "No I don't want to talk down" Thanks for calling me a funny guy though. Yes I am optimistic about Napalm I love it but it doesn't seem to have a lot of popularity outside this discussion. ( Thanks for the rebuke I deserved it )

xVengeance
24 Feb 2010, 08:01pm

B But there was not annoucement that it was back I didn't even know it was back until chaos told me to play. But if I did recieve a MSG saying it's back or they're testing it, I wouldve made everone on my steamfriends join or ban. OhShi heh forget the last part :x

goldhawk53
24 Feb 2010, 09:57pm
B But there was not annoucement that it was back I didn't even know it was back until chaos told me to play. But if I did recieve a MSG saying it's back or they're testing it, I wouldve made everone on my steamfriends join or ban. OhShi heh forget the last part :x

Yeah, this shit has to be highly publicized, and we would need to get people pumped for it.

PingPong
24 Feb 2010, 10:17pm
As much as i love napalm it's just not goung to work, it does not have the player basis because 'almost' all the community members would rather play mg, ze, pb, surf or a different game. I agree with what your saying cakeshark as i know you were a napalm reg, it was tried and did not work out because of the lack of attention to the server and i think the higher ups simply are afraid the same thing will happen as the last time we tried bringing it back. It wa active for a few weeks and then it was dead.

Dante
24 Feb 2010, 10:21pm
Yeah, Napalm was good for the first few months. But people got bored of it quickly. It's not as fun as it used to be. It's done and over with, just get over it. Don't bother asking for it to come back. They've already wasted money to bring it back up just to see it fail again. There's no point in doing that again.

PingPong
24 Feb 2010, 10:32pm

Excuse me but who are? Stop trying so hard to act like a oldfag and shut the fuck up. Sound good Mr. 2010?

turbodaze
25 Feb 2010, 05:12am
i did like napalm alot, what happened to the breakfloor or glassfloor idea

ScubaToaster
25 Feb 2010, 06:04am
I think those got dropped because there would be somebody tking the rest of the team.

Chainedlord
25 Feb 2010, 09:40am
Meaningless post...
Minigames and Prison Break are actually liked and played, unlike napalm was. I admit is was fun sometimes, but it just gets old.
Please think before you post something like this.

goldhawk53
25 Feb 2010, 11:06am
Meaningless post...
Minigames and Prison Break are actually liked and played, unlike napalm was. I admit is was fun sometimes, but it just gets old.
Please think before you post something like this.

I did think about it. Alot actually.

And it's not a meaningless post, as there are people who actually want to discuss this, so if you don't have anything productive to say in your posts, don't post at all.

Chainedlord
25 Feb 2010, 12:44pm
I did think about it. Alot actually.

And it's not a meaningless post, as there are people who actually want to discuss this, so if you don't have anything productive to say in your posts, don't post at all.

This has been discussed in previous posts

barackobama
25 Feb 2010, 12:59pm
Yeah, old discussion, it's boring, no no no. Simple.