PDA

View Full Version : zm_ATIX_apocalypse Feedback

ATIX
22 Feb 2010, 07:37pm
As most of you have seen my newest and last zm map for css zombiemod, It is currently in beta. First off thanks to steamgamers administrators for hosting my map.
This is going to be my last zm map, and The map is meant to bring out a different experimental gameplay that will require Barricading and escape, which brings up the classical gameplay of zombiemod.
Feel free to post your feedback, opinions and thoughts of the map thanks!

Things I am going to point out:

-Map currently is in BETA Testing (not final version) and I am aware of the nuke glitch spot above the hoetel that I gotta fix for beta3 and, shroom doors that I must fix along with the drug entity.. If you know any other more please let me know

Chainedlord
22 Feb 2010, 07:46pm
Just recently played it, very cool map. One thing that I love about this map is the two different ways to escape. Didn't see any glitches/bugs besides the nuke glitch spot as you mentioned.

Kappa The 3rd
22 Feb 2010, 07:58pm
get rid of the acid effects or w/e they are called, it makes me rage that i cant see shit with it on

TheVirus
22 Feb 2010, 08:13pm
Alert the players of the various ways to escape. If you don't want to use console text to ruin the experience, find some better sounds. Could even use smoke signals for the point of entry for the humans.

cj18
22 Feb 2010, 08:27pm
There is a glitch spot behind the burning tank under the chopper escape end and i hear there is another glitch spot by the other burning tank i haven't tried it yet. It might help to have a way to get out of the mushroom place so they are not stuck in there the whole round if they don't want to be. the secret teleport for the points can be used to get in the mushroom place if someone jumps up there and fall in and maybe they could just make the sounds louder so people fighting zombies can hear it better.

The Famous Zombie Hunter
22 Feb 2010, 08:45pm
what cj said. Make the sound louder, or possibly just have a console command run it in chat so people can read it. *WARNING* Black hawk helicopter is inbound, be ready for extraction! or something like that.

TheVirus
22 Feb 2010, 08:49pm
There should be a limit to the number of people that can be in the secret 3 rooms. If they stay in there too long, they get gassed. If they guess the wrong combination, they get gassed. This will prevent people from camping there and waiting until someone figures out the code.

ATIX
22 Feb 2010, 11:15pm
Alert the players of the various ways to escape. If you don't want to use console text to ruin the experience, find some better sounds. Could even use smoke signals for the point of entry for the humans.

Entity limit is exceeded at 140% which means, adding more entity's will hurt the performance of the map.
I am not sure if you know that at a certain time a text on screen appears (you might not notice it) as you guys are busy wondering around the map when it appears. How it works is a trigger entity gets enable therefor it triggers the text on screen (not only in 1 area but in most of the map) try walking into a different place of the map and you will see it show up. For me this was the only decent solution, instead of the regular console text to chat alternative, which makes it look rather cheap.. (point_servercommand entity is required for that, and some administration plugins remove that entity from maps as they find it dangerous)

There is a glitch spot behind the burning tank under the chopper escape end and i hear there is another glitch spot by the other burning tank i haven't tried it yet. It might help to have a way to get out of the mushroom place so they are not stuck in there the whole round if they don't want to be. the secret teleport for the points can be used to get in the mushroom place if someone jumps up there and fall in and maybe they could just make the sounds louder so people fighting zombies can hear it better.

Very strange but I've searched the entire map for the nuke glitch spots
< and there seems to be none in the part that you mention. Except if you noclip in back of the 1st burning tank under the bridge. Also I decided to leave the shroom place as is for now and the only way in IS by completing the secret. (doors are not breakable anymore)

There should be a limit to the number of people that can be in the secret 3 rooms. If they stay in there too long, they get gassed. If they guess the wrong combination, they get gassed. This will prevent people from camping there and waiting until someone figures out the code.

Considering most of the time they will have to camp/Escape to survive the nuke, I see no problem with people camping in there as they will die.. for it has no way to out, unless they figure out the 4 letter code if that is what you mean.

-Thanks for the feedback everyone, if you got more to say feel free to post it here

cj18
22 Feb 2010, 11:56pm
for the glitch i was talking about there is a small part in the fence that you can climb by to get back into the glitch spot but the problem with going there is unless the water starts to come up from the secret they are stuck back there as human zombies can still ztele out.

Gayest Faggot in the World
23 Feb 2010, 03:26am
This is a fairly fun map(except i still don't understand the different ways to get the different endings...), the only part that i BEG you to remove is the trippy screens. If you are going to put those, at LEAST get rid of the one where it TOTALLY distorts shit like crazy. At max, if you keep it, have it only happen once per map. It is so incredibly annoying, i had it happen 3(maybe 4, forgot) times today in one round!!!

Cerno
23 Feb 2010, 08:22am
I have play'd it once. But still very very very very very very very (I can go on like this all day) very very good!! :D I love the secret behind the EHHEM. I wont mention it so everyone knows. But awsome.
I would love to make a map. I have maked a mini mini gg map XD but it failed cuz I did something wrong with the door so I couldn't play it...
Pros: Alot of good hiding spots and camping spots :D! Very good xD!
Cons: Idk really.. Oh yes one thing. When U go in the secret thingy there's 3 doors.
The door to the right got a panel thingy right? U should make 3 different secrets that gave a picture or something about which one.

Improvements: Right Door Secret Panel. Make secrets/hints for it :P

Drox
23 Feb 2010, 08:36am
http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30986

Cerno
23 Feb 2010, 10:16am
Oh , another feedback after playing it again.
In b2 FIX THE STUPID LIGHTS! I get these lights all the time, and its stupid and annoying.
It just ruins the fun of the map. Its an excellent map actually. But fix it in next beta if u can.
Good work. Keep it up! :D

Ultramarine
23 Feb 2010, 12:31pm
what cj said. Make the sound louder, or possibly just have a console command run it in chat so people can read it. *WARNING* Black hawk helicopter is inbound, be ready for extraction! or something like that.

This, i can never tell which escape is up unless others are running to it since im deaf.

BlackEagle
23 Feb 2010, 12:41pm
The sound occurs around like 3 or 4 minutes so if you stop at that time and listen to it. But I agree that their should be a message displayed saying which one at least for the humans.

Chainedlord
23 Feb 2010, 02:56pm
Here are some things that I found should be changed through out the map

You should be able to get into the sewers before hand, instead of the pot holes breaking on a timer. It is very hard to get down from the buildings, or out of our barricades with zombies roaming free. May I suggest putting rooms to hold off in the sewer while the room leading to the boat is opened on a timer, or something similar to that? If you do this, ct's will be scattered all over the map holding off different spots, waiting for a different escape route, which means they all won't win.

The new chopper should be removed, it is too thin, and the zombies can knife you very easily through the windows. Just keep the original one.

Zombies shouldn't be able to glitch through the front of the truck(don't know if you can fix this, but it is very annoying)

Also the special effects shouldn't last as long as they do, but I don't think they should be removed.

Just found something else, although it is very minor, the teleport that leads to the top of the No Smoking Sign is still there, and there's no, No Smoking Sign. It just leads you to the corner of the map. It should teleport you some place new, for example on a light pole or something of that sort.

Thats about it for now, I'll let you know if I find anything else, but overall it is a great map that I wouldn't mind playing all day.

ScubaToaster
23 Feb 2010, 03:01pm
Mmm I am in love with this map.. But it's sorta sad that Atix won't be making anymore maps..

TheVirus
23 Feb 2010, 03:07pm
Entity limit is exceeded at 140% which means, adding more entity's will hurt the performance of the map.
I am not sure if you know that at a certain time a text on screen appears (you might not notice it) as you guys are busy wondering around the map when it appears. How it works is a trigger entity gets enable therefor it triggers the text on screen (not only in 1 area but in most of the map) try walking into a different place of the map and you will see it show up. For me this was the only decent solution, instead of the regular console text to chat alternative, which makes it look rather cheap.. (point_servercommand entity is required for that, and some administration plugins remove that entity from maps as they find it dangerous)

Considering most of the time they will have to camp/Escape to survive the nuke, I see no problem with people camping in there as they will die.. for it has no way to out, unless they figure out the 4 letter code if that is what you mean.

-Thanks for the feedback everyone, if you got more to say feel free to post it here

Understandable. I think I saw it once, but, like you said, it's difficult to notice it when you're defending. I guess it'll take time to get used to the map.

In regards to the secret room; I think it's cheap that someone will camp there and wait for someone else to find the code and attempt to go in only to die or get shafted by the camper. The player should be rewarded for completing a certain task and to have that taken away by a camper is kind of shitty.

I'm only talking about them camping inside one of the 3 doors, not the area outside it. I'm just trying to prevent people complaining about campers and all that jazz.

cj18
23 Feb 2010, 03:48pm
Just found something else, although it is very minor, the teleport that leads to the top of the No Smoking Sign is still there, and there's no, No Smoking Sign. It just leads you to the corner of the map. It should teleport you some place new, for example on a light pole or something of that sort.

That teleport leads you to something.

Chainedlord
23 Feb 2010, 04:36pm
That teleport leads you to something.

When I took it, it just lead me to the corner of the map

cj18
23 Feb 2010, 04:40pm
Its where the start of the number for the secret points if you look in the corner you will see a number.

FlyAwayNow
23 Feb 2010, 04:43pm
Really these guys have siad what needed to be siad, my personal input is fairly positive though the few cons are just a few preferences on my part:

The rate of failnades and failstabs through various object has succeded that of all other maps.

The addition of the Mushroom room is a bit obscue

The Truck escape is a tad bit hectic on the maps fualt.

The lighting is sketchy as if I look at it through Nightvision or Reguler view it just seems to much on either side.

jmd787
23 Feb 2010, 05:37pm
can you put the warning about which vehicle to go in the console because im used to it on all the other maps

BlackEagle
23 Feb 2010, 07:39pm
My only negative about this new beta is that it was really laggy today.

ATIX
23 Feb 2010, 08:31pm
@ BlackEagle and Ultramarine

At around 3:00 mins the message is displayed on your screen, if you can't figure it out ask someone where to go.

@ ChainedLord
that is the whole point, Trying to figure out how to survive / the hold off point is near the end of the sewers, and as for the 1st heli, the clip walls might of been to thin but in this beta3 I did the walls a bit thicker to see if it works better. The special effects will be kept but for less time :) I will also change the teleport destination somewhere else & thanks for the good feedback, oh yeah -added a kill trigger in front/inside the truck

@ Virus, I already added a killing trigger to keep people guessing away from the keypad, so thanks for that good suggestion

@ people lagging

The lag might be caused by A: server B: yourpc C: internetconnection or D: truck wheels getting stuck somewhere...

Either way I am amazed the server can run the map, as it has soo much stuff in it compared to the old one, If it wasn't for the hammer limits, I would of added so many more secrets/detail and features but unfortunately the source engine suck as some point, If you keep finding more glitches please post here,
-beta3 will be out today or tomorrow :dance:

BlackEagle
24 Feb 2010, 01:30pm
I have no problem with where to go I was explaining to the one guy how to know which one. I figured it out the first couple rounds I played it but last night I saw the message. I just had some bad lag last night but it might have just been the server.

Im a Jackass
24 Feb 2010, 04:32pm
I like it but with the eye thing and that its a little crazy and with one of the helis its gets tight and you need more space but other than that its really good. If only we had less people who would block.

cj18
25 Feb 2010, 08:04pm
The door leading to the secret points teleport and the other doors around it glitch when someone gets stuck in them. If one door glitches they all glitch when used getting more people stuck in them.

Shadowex3
26 Feb 2010, 05:31am
In all the time I've spent on this map I've only ever seen humans win when it's the old helicopter. None of the rest really seem viable because by default zombies tend to control street level and they can just have one zombie sit on the entrance to the sewers, one at the train, and the truck is self explanatory since it's so difficult to shoot people from vehicles (see: boatescape 5).

BlackEagle
26 Feb 2010, 12:20pm
In all the time I've spent on this map I've only ever seen humans win when it's the old helicopter. None of the rest really seem viable because by default zombies tend to control street level and they can just have one zombie sit on the entrance to the sewers, one at the train, and the truck is self explanatory since it's so difficult to shoot people from vehicles (see: boatescape 5).

Their are a couple entrances to the sewer and a couple to the train also. So I don't think that they can just camp one. I do agree with you though that it is hard to win on the other ones and I have yet to see any human in the train. I have won on the boat and the truck so I can say that. But I have yet to win on the train that seems to be the hardest.

Mike Q
26 Feb 2010, 02:09pm
I kinda like the map, I mean I'll enjoy any new map.

Rey
27 Feb 2010, 08:10pm
Map would be good with console messages and more noticeable form of escape. A little quicker, too. People camp in the shroom room the whole time, prolonging the map unnecessarily. Well, that's from what I remember anyway.

Alpha2
27 Feb 2010, 09:08pm
What is with people complaining about not knowing which escape it is? IT SAYS IT RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SCREEN! Are you blind, stupid, or a noob?

Shadowex3
28 Feb 2010, 04:38am
What is with people complaining about not knowing which escape it is? IT SAYS IT RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SCREEN! Are you blind, stupid, or a noob?

It doesn't always appear. Unless I'm a blind stupid noob that is.

struki
28 Feb 2010, 06:11am
it does...

Rey
1 Mar 2010, 04:20pm
Well, then it's just not a very exciting map in my opinion.
I think ATIX Helicopter is alot better than this one.

Riperzz
1 Mar 2010, 05:28pm
I dont like this map coz its just camping and not escape at all.

BlackEagle
1 Mar 2010, 06:44pm
I dont like this map coz its just camping and not escape at all.

So I guess you don't like any of the ATIX maps on this server then because they are all kind of build your barricade and survive. I like these maps and the ATIX maps have to be my favorite because to me it's like you have to build your survival until the rescue can come so in a way it is an escape. But I see what you mean when you say it's not an escape because you aren't running away from the zombies.

ATIX
2 Mar 2010, 04:12pm
Thx for the feedback, this map was never meant to be a sequel, just a big patch to the helicopter map with added experimental gameplay. I respect everyone's opinions, But once you guys get the hang of it, you will understand that cooperation is the key in gameplay to make it to the end
-I got the link for beta4 if you want it, and in this beta It wont fuck up the gameplay by discovering the secret

CuяlyQu™
2 Mar 2010, 05:38pm
Just to add my 2 cents I definitely think this one is better than helicopter. Good job ATIX.

EDIT: And no... not just because of the insane points.

Ace™
2 Mar 2010, 11:45pm
i kinda like ur map since ur the maker cud u tell me the weird mask code in the secret room left door?

Zaraki
3 Mar 2010, 05:04am
Atix, first of all, i totally love the map!
Seriously...

Atix helicopter is played ALOT, and this will be the top of the zombie escape maps.
Too bad this was your last ;)

Maybe making one for SG, just to promote us?
Let's show that SG is the biggest of all (eGO SUCKS!)

Greetings

dap1mp
3 Mar 2010, 10:07pm
yeah the trst has multiple entrances making it hard to defned unless uhave a force of guys

struki
3 Mar 2010, 11:24pm
Only route i find hard to get to is train,all others have multiple entrances.With sewer there is 4,when its truck you can get in any way.And Helicopters are easy

ATIX
4 Mar 2010, 04:42pm
Just to add my 2 cents I definitely think this one is better than helicopter. Good job ATIX.

EDIT: And no... not just because of the insane points.

Glad you appreciate the map, It's a BIG patch over my helicopter map and it is meant to replace it (I hope)

i kinda like ur map since ur the maker cud u tell me the weird mask code in the secret room left door?

I already replied to your pm

Atix, first of all, i totally love the map!
Seriously...

Atix helicopter is played ALOT, and this will be the top of the zombie escape maps.
Too bad this was your last ;)

Maybe making one for SG, just to promote us?
Let's show that SG is the biggest of all (eGO SUCKS!)

Greetings

haa, sorry I am always jumping around communities but I prefer SG sometimes

Only route i find hard to get to is train,all others have multiple entrances.With sewer there is 4,when its truck you can get in any way.And Helicopters are easy

There is 2 ways to enter the subway to the train, so I will have to watch the gameplay on this beta5 to see what could be the problems

BlackEagle
4 Mar 2010, 04:55pm

One entrance is the stairs that everyone knows about and the second entrance is over the wall of where the burning semi truck is on the opposite side of the main entrance. I find it easier going in the second way then in the main because not many people know where it is and because you don't have to go through so much stuff.

Wookies
4 Mar 2010, 11:59pm
I think this map is amazing with the different ways of leaving... even though it seems less escape
I still love normal zombie mod. I think there should be something done with the shroom room though...
i dont know what... i wish i can give a real opinion

ATIX
6 Mar 2010, 02:45am
Ok after careful examination of the map on servers, I decided for the next beta It will either be the following:

:director:
A: No escape at all, only admins with noclip can call in escape (if admins are present) making it a complete zm map.

B: Alert through console/chat What escape will take place at the beginning of the round, So people know what to do before zombies take over the gameplay.

C: Leave the map alone "as is"

What do you all think? Any opinions? suggestions? ideas?
-This upcoming beta should be the last and after that it goes final, thanks for your time :biggrin1:

Nasu
6 Mar 2010, 03:01am
Ok after careful examination of the map on servers, I decided for the next beta It will either be the following:

:director:
A: No escape at all, only admins with noclip can call in escape (if admins are present) making it a complete zm map.

B: Alert through console/chat What escape will take place at the beginning of the round, So people know what to do before zombies take over the gameplay.

C: Leave the map alone "as is"

What do you all think? Any opinions? suggestions? ideas?
-This upcoming beta should be the last and after that it goes final, thanks for your time :biggrin1:

Make it B.
I don't sadly have any suggestions :[

BlackEagle
6 Mar 2010, 07:04am
I like A or B I like making cades on maps but because this is an escape server I could also see B.

Chainedlord
6 Mar 2010, 10:35am
B shall win!

KebabSarre
8 Mar 2010, 07:40am
no question about it. B