PDA

View Full Version : Fable III

CuяlyQu™
19 Feb 2010, 10:41pm
I copied all of the following from other sites and blogs because I'm unoriginal and can't do any research of my own.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b9/FableIII_logo.jpg

Fans new and returning will now embark on an epic adventure, where the race for the crown is only the beginning of your spectacular journey. Five decades have passed since the events of "Fable II," and Albion has matured into an industrial revolution, but the fate of the kingdom is at peril.

In the epic story of “Fable III,” the journey to rule the throne of Albion begins five decades after the events of the last chapter, and you play as the child of your hero from “Fable II.” As you rule your kingdom as king or queen, you will be called upon to make choices and sacrifices that will test your morality and can affect your entire kingdom. Themes of heroism, leadership and consequence are taken to a grand scale as you fight to unite a divided people.

In "Fable III," you will be called upon to rally and fight alongside your people, ascend to the seat of power, and experience the true meaning of love and loss while defending your throne against a looming threat. In your quest to seize power and defend your kingdom, the choices you make will change the world around you, for the greater good or your own personal gain. Who will you become? A rebel without a cause, the tyrant you rebelled against, or the greatest ruler to ever live?

Fable 3 III Rumored Synopsis / Storyline

A lot of rumors are circulating on the net about the story line for Fable 3 (III). This is the outline as best we see it at the moment but this may all change depending on what hints Peter Molyneux, Lionhead Studio’s and Microsoft give.

In the beginning, you start as the child of the Hero from Fable 2 (II) approximately 30 to 50 years on from Fable 2 (II). You have to over throw your father/mother (the king or queen of Albion, how ever you see it) by uniting various groups, factions and opponents of the king / queen.

Peter Molyneux stated “Ultimately you overthrow that terrible tyrant who rules Albion, but to do that you have to make some promises“.

We can only presume that the aim is to become the ruler of Albion and once you over throw this tyrant, you decide how closely you wish to stick to these “promises” you made, thus if you become good or evil, pure or corrupt.

A lot of rumors are saying that this is only the beginning of the game but we think it will be a large part of the game as the trailer states “The race for the crown has begun” suggesting there may be other usurper’s or claimants to the throne, as the Hero was encouraged in Fable 2 (II) to play the field as it were.

It’s possible that there could be other coup d’état’s from half brother’s or half sisters and you may have to make alliance’s with these usurpers or destroy them depending on how you decide to play the game.

Another rumor is that your in charge of Albion’s economy and you decide what to do with the money, giving you the choice to become the Cherished Leader if you decide to look after your people, doing good deeds like giving your money to charity etc. Or you may choose the path of Ruthless Tyrant by keeping the money to yourself or destroying your enemies or imposing draconian laws on your people.

I think the quote “Every action has a reaction” will be the basis of the game.

Micro Transactions / in-game shops and Fable 3 (III)

Micro transactions are nothing new in the world of gaming, some people don’t seem to mind them and swear they enhance their gaming experience but to others they are as welcome as the Grim Reaper at the door.

It is rumored but not confirmed that Fable 3 (III) will have an in game shop to buy special items for real money, this is what is known as micro transactions. We don’t think these special items are necessary to complete or play the game but may give you an advantage, that is if you have the money! We presume the items would be special or legendary weapons, special augments or some far out wacky costumes, a nice gimmick but not necessary for the core of the game. It would be morally unfair and wrong if these items were needed to complete the game unless there are special missions or quests that you could complete to win / find these items.

The in game shop would probably take you to your account on XBOX live (if you have one) and the special items would exchanged for XBOX Live points, just how many points per item remains to be seen.

The MMO World of Warcraft from Blizzard has recently introduced an in game shop to purchase items for real money although we understand there are not many items available, so maybe they are testing the water to see how things pan out or how much money can be extracted from gamers! We will watch how this turn outs.

There are some heated debates on the net regarding these micro transactions or in game shops, but our view is simple, don’t get worked up, if you don’t like the idea or feel you are being ripped off then simply Don’t buy the items and avoid the shop.

This in game shop has yet to be confirmed.

Other Infos

No Health Bar/Experience

Presenting at Fable III at X10 in San Francisco, Peter Molyneux has revealed that the RPG - if you can still call it that - has no experience points or health bar.

Health is represented by the screen-colouring effects common in action and FPS games - Fable III has no HUD most of the time - while your character grows in power according to how many followers he or she has in the game's world of Albion. Levelling up is also represented by your weapons, which grow and change appearance according to how much and how you use them.

"It's an RPG without a health bar or experience," Molyneux said in a demonstration. "Because we put the levelling up into the world, with followers, you don't need experience."

Future Fable Games

There are a lot of rumours on the net from Peter Molyneux (Lionhead Studio’s) that there are plans on the table for a Fable 4 and 5 as well as Fable 3. These may depend on the success or failure of Fable 3 (III).

There is much more information over at the Fable III WikiPage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fable_III) that would make this post too big. Go check it out.

And of course you can head on over to the Lionhead Studios Website (http://www.lionhead.com/) and check out a bunch of cool screenshots and videos on Fable III.

WINGS OMG WTF HAX?!
http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/fable-3-wings-screenshot-small.jpg

“Fable III” will deliver a sweeping, powerful story and new innovations in gameplay and Xbox LIVE functionality when it is made available in the 2010 holiday season, only on Xbox 360.

CuяlyQu™
19 Feb 2010, 10:41pm
Post anything and everything you hear about Fable III over the next few months here!

Jazzyy
19 Feb 2010, 11:56pm
i await fable 2 for PC before i think about fable 3.

Crimson
20 Feb 2010, 09:51am
Fucker, stole my thread.

PingPong
20 Feb 2010, 10:10am
Can't wait. Loved the previous games

Bad Dog
20 Feb 2010, 10:46am
Im a little afraid of what is going to happen with this. Molyneux needs to realize that what he thinks is cool doesnt matter so much as what the players will think is cool. I am all for the artist getting to paint what he wants to paint but Molyneux always seems to paint cocks if you know what I mean.

CuяlyQu™
20 Feb 2010, 11:34am
Fucker, stole my thread.

Sorry? :(

ScubaToaster
20 Feb 2010, 11:38am
Lmao I hope it's good..Also the wings symbolize whether you are good or bad. Peter strikes me as the person who talks a good talk but forgets his dildo back at the house.

Crimson
20 Feb 2010, 12:51pm
I'm liking rebuild of the co-op, you no longer share the screen. You can go where you want, whenever you want, and kill anyone apparently. You can also date your co-op player.

Toxin
20 Feb 2010, 01:34pm
I'm liking rebuild of the co-op, you no longer share the screen. You can go where you want, whenever you want, and kill anyone apparently. You can also date your co-op player.

Your mom?

Can't wait, I was never able to play the second one though, my brother caused a scratched ring on the disk about t minutes into the game by knocking the Xbox 360 over.

ZonnyDeath
20 Feb 2010, 06:59pm
From what i've seen looks promising, Like the idea of the new co op