PDA

View Full Version : New Escape Server. Is incredibly lag infested.

Gamgee
16 Feb 2010, 02:33pm
I have no idea why, but the new escape server get's incredibly laggy for me when the server starts getting past 32 people. Even before then there can be weird little lag spikes. Is this just a temporary quirk? Did the area for the server move?

I am in Canada if it makes a difference.

Edit
Not to mention all it takes is a few people talking all at once for a buffer net overflow. If people work at it they can all talk at once and crash this server.

Zaraki
16 Feb 2010, 02:37pm
I have no idea why, but the new escape server get's incredibly laggy for me when the server starts getting past 32 people. Even before then there can be weird little lag spikes. Is this just a temporary quirk? Did the area for the server move?

I am in Canada if it makes a difference.

Edit
Not to mention all it takes is a few people talking all at once for a buffer net overflow. If people work at it they can all talk at once and crash this server.

This will all be solved in a week, servers are going to a new dedi, so it will take some time to get it all up and running smoothly again.
:thumb:

Greetings

Gamgee
16 Feb 2010, 02:38pm
Alright. Just wanted to know if someone was on it. These servers are fucking amazing, and they have good support. Would be sad to see them go.

Drox
16 Feb 2010, 03:05pm
Lag should be fixed now on the new server

Crimson
16 Feb 2010, 03:49pm
The escape server was move to our second dedi. It's still undergoing the moving process and we are currently fixing all lag issues.