PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think Escape is getting a little tired?

A.C. Slater
14 Feb 2010, 01:24pm
While this has been the staple of my CSS "career"(hahaha) from the very first day I've started, whether it be on the old Antlion servers(not SG, I forget to be honest), the Napalm server, to the zombie escape one that you guys run now, it just seems like the game is just so monotonous, and could use something interesting to make it interesting again. For example, the alien skins that were on the second escape server that used to be here were interesting, and put a much needed breath of fresh air into the game

Another one that most people are probably going to be against is a "class" system. I totally forget which server it is that I played on, but it had a wide variety of zombies that added a entire strategic element to the game. I think they ranged from "big" zombies who had loads of health but moved slower and had less knockback, to the fast zombies that were easy to kill but extremely quick. Of course there were the predator zombies too...but those would just be annoying in an escape scenario.

I bring up these examples not as things that should be implemented, but more as an guideline to be used to possibly add some change to the current server. I truly feel that if you guys did something that is genuinely unique and fun, you could add some more character to an already great server.

Just my bored rant from a nobody.

b0red
14 Feb 2010, 01:52pm
No. The server is fine atm and nothing should be fucked with. It has a large following and all that needs to happen is new interesting maps to be added every now and again.

struki
14 Feb 2010, 02:21pm
No,ze is not becoming boring.Its awesome like this!

dap1mp
14 Feb 2010, 02:51pm
no this server rocks and it will always rock cu this server and it members kick arse

Hybridx24
14 Feb 2010, 03:47pm
Although I agree this server is pretty amazing, the excitement will fade soon. New maps do help refresh the server, but people will eventually get sick of the same old zombies and same old mods (which is why I stopped playing de_dust, then glass maps, then zombie maps). It seems like some people are afraid that change will reduce the "following" the server has now. Worst comes to worst, SG can always revert back to what it has now.

SchmoSalt
14 Feb 2010, 04:21pm
The gameplay is fine. It could be better but there is nothing wrong with it at this time.

The problem lies in the map list. At any given point, you always see the same maps being played on the server. Yes, these maps are good, but when they're overplayed they become very boring very fast. You know you have a problem when boat escape and SST become fun alternatives to what you have.

Seriously, almost any time I check the server list I either see death star, helms deep, or mount doom playing on the server. Rarely do I see other maps being played. It seems players have a hard on for familiar maps and do not wish to venture out to unknown maps.

I used to go on the escape server daily for about 2 hours a day but lately I have cut my time down significantly. This isn't because of my side project or school or anything else in my life. It is because the server has become so repetitive and boring with the same maps being played over and over that I simply do not have a taste for Escape anymore.

The solution is simple. Add more interesting maps. There are many maps that have been cut out of the server to keep the list down and has in turn killed the diversity of the Escape server. We also need to up the limit on how long it takes for a map to become playable again.

If we continue to go this path of unoriginality the server will eventually die off. It will be a slow process, but it will eventually happen. I have seen it before in countless communities. Please do not allow SG's Escape server become another fatality of unoriginality.

That is my $0.02.

Rey
14 Feb 2010, 05:13pm
If I were to suggest something it's that the amount of time before you can be able to "rtv" should be extended. There are many times where you get on one map that may be really good, but people can't win at it so they rtv and move on. I mean, you can rockthevote after the first round of the map.

Which brings me to my second point. There's a little mod or something in the "nominate" or "voting" list which doesn't allow you to pick a map that has been played within the previous 2-3 maps. For example, if you played Helms Deep then went to Deathstar you can't rtv back to Helms. If you rtv to another map, you still can't vote for Helms in an rtv. But after the third or fourth map, you can vote for it once again. I think making it after at least five maps should be enough because usually we play the same maps over and over with some random ones in between. The cycle repeats.

Anyways, that's just my opinion. (Also: "ze_get_to_the_choppah" is epic.)

Hybridx24
14 Feb 2010, 05:20pm
There's a little mod or something in the "nominate" or "voting" list which doesn't allow you to pick a map that has been played within the previous 2-3 maps. For example, if you played Helms Deep then went to Deathstar you can't rtv back to Helms. If you rtv to another map, you still can't vote for Helms in an rtv. But after the third or fourth map, you can vote for it once again. I think making it after at least five maps should be enough because usually we play the same maps over and over with some random ones in between. The cycle repeats.

Well, each map is ~20-30 min, so after 3-4 rounds it would have been about 2 hours. Most people tend to leave after that amount of time, so the repeating effect only serves as an incentive to take a break (for the few people that are addicted :p).

Movement
14 Feb 2010, 07:55pm
ZE has been a mod for a very long time in SG. In fact this community was started as a Zombie Community. The servers are almost halfway full 24/7. Nothing needs to be changed about the serevr. New maps will keep this server running for a very long time.

Gayest Faggot in the World
15 Feb 2010, 02:54am
I think it is still very fun, the only thing that would be nice would be the addition of new maps. Playing some of the same old ones can get a little old.

Neji
15 Feb 2010, 08:03am
http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28617

:tape:

xVengeance
15 Feb 2010, 08:29am
Lol. Escape is still 40/40 isn't it?

Ace™
15 Feb 2010, 08:37am
ye they should actually make the server 40/60?? otherways u get 2 full??:P its so awsome :D

Mad Dogg
15 Feb 2010, 08:44am
NO,
NO
NO&
NO
meaby u are o.O

Ace™
15 Feb 2010, 08:49am
that are some big no's aint they

A.C. Slater
15 Feb 2010, 08:55am
Maybe I'M just bored, which doesn't reflect the views of the rest of the community, so I didn't really think about that...but I guess most of you are right that it's mainly the new maps, or lack there of, that cause boredom. Or maybe it's just the people aren't as fun now as they were a few months to a year ago! I remember a person named Blank that was interesting to play with...hahaha.

But in all seriousness I guess I overreacted a little bit, but still I hope you at least add some new skins at some point...but what do I know? I only have like 50 posts...

=/

andre1028
15 Feb 2010, 09:00am
While this has been the staple of my CSS "career"(hahaha) from the very first day I've started, whether it be on the old Antlion servers(not SG, I forget to be honest)

They were from the Valhalla servers. I used to play on them too :-)

Nasu
15 Feb 2010, 09:11am
2 Escape servers. That is all.:peace:

BlackEagle
15 Feb 2010, 12:29pm
Since the server seems to be full constantly I am not whether the regular escape server needs to be updated but I know their used to be 2 escape servers like a VIP one and then at one time a LOTR one. Maybe a second smaller escape server with like 30 or so could be created with some of those things you suggested.

Drox
15 Feb 2010, 12:33pm
If your bored with escape try some of our other servers, I remember when I got bored of escape I went and played deathrun and prison break. Also Minigames is fun for breaks aswell.

FlyAwayNow
15 Feb 2010, 12:37pm
Well depends what you mean by tired,

Yes it's been worn out, but as long as we still have trolls coming taht means that it hasnt died.

Hybridx24
15 Feb 2010, 01:57pm
But I think the problem extends farther than that. Eventually, the people running the servers (admins and such) are going to get bored of moderating the games.

O§amabeerladan
15 Feb 2010, 02:21pm
i thought it was fun in the beginning but it got boring

Gayest Faggot in the World
15 Feb 2010, 03:21pm
If your bored with escape try some of our other servers, I remember when I got bored of escape I went and played deathrun and prison break. Also Minigames is fun for breaks aswell.

Oh shit, you guys have a deathrun server? I usually play in the hell deathrun server(which aside from the lack of english, i have found is the best so far), awesome :).

Riperzz
15 Feb 2010, 03:33pm
Zombie Escape never gets tired!

BlackEagle
15 Feb 2010, 05:04pm
Ya, it can get boring. Once it does though you just need to stop actually trying to beat the maps and just enjoy the people and have a good time with it. It can get boring trying to run and run and run and run but having a good conversation or playing with some of the people on your friends list can make it better. Like someone else said try the other servers, I never play escape all the time. I will do prison break too and that is always something different.

letter_k
20 Feb 2010, 04:48pm
Though I'm new, I feel the server is fine as is

' starbucks
22 Feb 2010, 06:43am
steamgamers without ze = nothing :)

Cerno
22 Feb 2010, 07:59am
Indeed ftw xD

Mike Q
26 Feb 2010, 02:11pm
I don't think I'll ever get bored of Zombie Escape, probably because of all the great people that go there. That's probably why I still go.

Jazzyy
26 Feb 2010, 02:57pm
Meh, whenever i get bored of one game i just head to another, then rotate back. Works pretty well for me.

kingsofleon2112
5 Mar 2010, 12:18pm
I would personally like to see different zombie skins, i think it'd be cool plus u guys definitely need some new maps, just sayin :D

BlackEagle
5 Mar 2010, 12:39pm
I think the new nades idea would spice up the server a little bit.

Sander Cohen
5 Mar 2010, 01:24pm
When the server stays dead on Helms deep for most of the day, then its time to change escape. For now it is very popular and most people seem to be happy about it.

Jazz
5 Mar 2010, 01:54pm
Escape:

[Not Active] Alpha Squad
[Not seen] [SG]Grim Existence
[Not seen] [SG] Z3r0 M4ni4c
[Gone] «SG.Reg» Irish Rebel
[Not seen] «SG.Reg» JamaicanRoll
[Not seen] Hb | *DiAbLO*«SG.Reg»
[Not seen] Hb | Narcotic
[Gone] [SG] 2fast
[Not Active] [SG][ZWAT] VirDeBello
[Not Active] [SG] Blank
[Not Active] [ZM] {bAy} sUp
[Not Active] [ZM] Rabbit Slim
[Not Active] [ZM]futt-bucker
[Gone] [SG] Paladin
[Gone] [SG]Albert Wesker[ZWAT]
[Gone] [ZM] Microshockk (LOL)
[Not seen] [SG] Norse | Saxe
[Not seen] [ZM] Dalar
[Not seen] [ZM] Biscuit
[Not seen] [SG] / o \ 0 / o \ SATAN
[Not seen] [SG] K!ll3rM!dg3t
[Not Active] [ZM] SolmaN
[Not Active] [SG] Juku
[Not Active] [SG] Jaffa
[Not Active] «SG.Reg»Smurf is SOLDIER
[Not Active] «SG.Reg»Chaos is SOLDIER
[Not Active] [ZM] AMBULANCIA
[Not Active] [ZM] biscuit
[Gone] [SG] Svendy <Music>

Those were most likely the ones that entertained me and the majority of the server back in the days. This is also why I think Escape is getting boring. Togethor with these, maps that were outraging hilarious back in the days that are not as seen as before:

[Not Active] ze_sst
[Not Active] zm_ATIX_Heli
[Gone] ze_trap_escape
[Not seen] ze_rooftop_2 versions. Can anyone make a map suggestion for rooftop2?

I just wish one day everything becomes as it was before. Damn, I even have screenshots in my head when Grim told everyone in the server to hunt an AFK zomibie lol. We even made teams, Grim: Jazz, and SATAN go through tunnel, search for zombie, report if seen. Diablo take a squad through the ramp, report if zombie is visuable. And himself went with like 15 ppl through the middle way through the stones. This was on sst :D

struki
5 Mar 2010, 02:52pm
acctually,rabbit slim is active...

Wookies
5 Mar 2010, 05:13pm
I DONT THINK SOO?! xD
its always exciting... you must be tired due to repetition...try not playing escape everyday and you will love it again sooner or later

Labarr
5 Mar 2010, 06:18pm
I don't think I'll ever get bored of Zombie Escape, probably because of all the great people that go there. That's probably why I still go.

that wat i said for a while. now i ca barely play 1 round on t Escape server :/

Jazz
6 Mar 2010, 06:35am
acctually,rabbit slim is active...

Haven't seen him lately, I did see him on a few days ago. But he disappeared after that... =/

BlackEagle
6 Mar 2010, 07:03am
I agree with your one post above that we should play rooftop escape.

Jazz
8 Mar 2010, 12:17pm
Yeah, can anyone make a map suggestion, please. As I don't know how to make a complete one with the source etc.

Rey
8 Mar 2010, 09:12pm
A good map that probably was on this server: ze_paradise
I personally liked it, even though the fact that it's Extra-McLong might irritate some people... :toung:

Don't mind the modifications on the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqR4R_8poJU

PingPong
8 Mar 2010, 10:47pm
Escape:

[Not Active] Alpha Squad

We are still fairly active just not as much as in the olden days

struki
8 Mar 2010, 10:48pm
A good map that probably was on this server: ze_paradise
I personally liked it, even though the fact that it's Extra-McLong might irritate some people... :toung:

Don't mind the modifications on the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqR4R_8poJU

ye,we had it on server.Dont know why it got deleted...

Rey
9 Mar 2010, 07:21pm

It's a great map, don't get me wrong... But the fact that you have to travel long distances without anything "GREATLY" exciting probably made the admins remove it. You can also screw your team over so badly. Right from the start, that rope that you have to climb breaks with around 10+ teammates below you and there goes your round. Sure, it has its flaws but that's why they invented rtv, am I right?

BlackEagle
10 Mar 2010, 03:47pm

Looks like a pretty sweet map.

FlyAwayNow
13 Mar 2010, 04:36pm
I smell conspiricies!

Waldo
6 Apr 2010, 08:48pm
I find the run server is getting really gay because all they fucking play is paraniod reborn and that map is really gay and it isn't even a zombie map really.

I loved Naplam back in the day and I would love to see it up and running all the time again.

Get some new maps and stop with the gay paraniod reborn!

Bill Smauz
6 Apr 2010, 08:58pm
In my opinion the Escape server is running just as it should be. Sure there could be some improvement in limiting some overplayed maps here and there but overall the maps are decent and fun to play. I would, however, reduce the amount of time that each map is played from being what it currently is to limiting it to 15-20 minutes per map. Another thing that may seem dull about the server is the skins, I would enjoy a new skin such as the Alien one.

Drox
6 Apr 2010, 09:32pm
I find the run server is getting really gay because all they fucking play is paraniod reborn and that map is really gay and it isn't even a zombie map really.

I loved Naplam back in the day and I would love to see it up and running all the time again.

Get some new maps and stop with the gay paraniod reborn!

Napalm would be active for like a week or two then die like it always has.

Waldo
9 Apr 2010, 06:52pm
Napalm would be active for like a week or two then die like it always has.

Naplam will never die and it never has, its the only good zombie server for miles and miles and miles.

Don't be such a hater!

Chaoz`
9 Apr 2010, 07:06pm
i got tired of the escape server thats hwy i changed to the mg server, every now and then i' play on the zombie server, but not as much as i used to

A. Wesker
9 Apr 2010, 07:39pm
[Gone] [SG]Albert Wesker[ZWAT]
im back jazz,but i still would like to see grim,sitting behind some crates in napalm server.ps you forgot [ZM] Cheese.

Taylor
10 Apr 2010, 01:36am
While I don't hate Napalm, I just don't see it as active as it used to be, I would play for a few hours, then for the rest of the day, I'd only see like 8 people play it. Plus most maps are played over and over again.

As for Escape, I would never say that it gets old, while some of the maps are WAY T0 0VERUSED, I think a lot of people still enjoy it as a whole.

Partyboy
10 Apr 2010, 03:00am
In my opinion the Escape server is running just as it should be. Sure there could be some improvement in limiting some overplayed maps here and there but overall the maps are decent and fun to play. I would, however, reduce the amount of time that each map is played from being what it currently is to limiting it to 15-20 minutes per map. Another thing that may seem dull about the server is the skins, I would enjoy a new skin such as the Alien one.
Easy. Go to a map nobody suddenly wants to play. :madgrin:

Kurama
10 Apr 2010, 08:09am
when ever i look that server is always full jam packed with people :D

8=D
11 Apr 2010, 01:12pm
We over play ze_sg1_missions