PDA

View Full Version : re: immigration, homeland security getting put beneath department of agriculture

LegalSmash
21 Feb 2008, 05:20pm
We know exactly where one cow with Mad-cow-disease is located among
Millions and millions of cows in America but we haven't got a clue as to
Where millions of illegal immigrants and terrorists are located. Maybe we
Should put the Department of Agriculture in charge of Immigration.

Anyone else like this idea?

Omega
21 Feb 2008, 05:22pm
cows don't hide in caves, last time I checked

Jaffa
21 Feb 2008, 05:57pm
immigrants can't be detected by a simple scientific test

phatman76
21 Feb 2008, 06:54pm
immigrants can't be detected by a simple scientific test

Haha, yeah they can. Ask for their social :) Unfortunately, no one wants to get rid of them. Most work, and 10 million workers and consumers becoming criminals would basically destroy the USA.

MANFRA
21 Feb 2008, 10:42pm
The United States will never deport the ILLEGAL immigrants.. why? Because the people in charge of doing that hold stake in millions of dollars of corporations which use these ILLEGALS for gain.

Amnesty anyone? President Bush proposed it.. McCain supported it.

phatman76
21 Feb 2008, 11:53pm
The United States will never deport the ILLEGAL immigrants.. why? Because the people in charge of doing that hold stake in millions of dollars of corporations which use these ILLEGALS for gain.

Amnesty anyone? President Bush proposed it.. McCain supported it.

Okay, first of all, you don't have to be a national corporation to see that getting rid of illegals will hurt everyone.

Second, the current idea of amnesty is stupid. I am okay with them becoming citizens. If they learn English, then pass the test, then pay taxes and get a social, I am good. Also, they pay back the fees they would have paid for a greencard and visa and all that, what is it, a couple hundred a head? That is amnesty. Letting them stay without change isn't amnesty, it is surrender.

Biscuit
22 Feb 2008, 01:09am
They can never quick inmigrants, becuase there is no white people who is going to pick up tomatoes for 5 bucks the bucket, second here on SWFL i saw tonite a stupid new called " how to be safe from drivers w/o a licence" i think about 90 % of the people who dont have a valid DL drive better than the people who owns one, i know it because i drive w/o a licence for over 2 years an never have a crash or got stoped, i got stoped just because a stupid ilogical stop!!

Omega
22 Feb 2008, 02:07am
They can never quick inmigrants, becuase there is no white people who is going to pick up tomatoes for 5 bucks the bucket, second here on SWFL i saw tonite a stupid new called " how to be safe from drivers w/o a licence" i think about 90 % of the people who dont have a valid DL drive better than the people who owns one, i know it because i drive w/o a licence for over 2 years an never have a crash or got stoped, i got stoped just because a stupid ilogical stop!!

Oh dear Jesus... someone take this one for me. It's bedtime.

Jaffa
22 Feb 2008, 03:39am
If you get hit by an unliscensed driver, likelyhood is that they have no insurance = your fucked

LegalSmash
22 Feb 2008, 05:08am
If you get hit by an unliscensed driver, likelyhood is that they have no insurance = your fucked

Also, you insurance rate goes up, despite it not being your fault as you have to cover your own ass.

that is your opinion, but in most people's view, including the view of the US government, operating a motor vehicle without a license is a misdemeanor... a crime. Also, being from Florida myself, the people with VALID licenses drive like shit, and the nonlicensed drivers do much worse. Driving without insurance and a license should be a prosecutable offense, not just a "tickey".

Lastly, because you haven't gotten into an accident while ooperating a vehicle sans license is not proof of your decent driver, just that you haven't been caught... its basically saying something should be legal just because you dont get caught doing it when its not legal.

Also, as for the "white people who wont pick tomatos", again, Im just going to reiterate the fact that I think you are an embarrassment to our culture and people with your advocation of theft, larceny, fraud, and non-licensure.

Its guys like you that make me want to vote for proposition 24 (See simpsons)

MANFRA
23 Feb 2008, 11:32am
Okay, first of all, you don't have to be a national corporation to see that getting rid of illegals will hurt everyone.

Second, the current idea of amnesty is stupid. I am okay with them becoming citizens. If they learn English, then pass the test, then pay taxes and get a social, I am good. Also, they pay back the fees they would have paid for a greencard and visa and all that, what is it, a couple hundred a head? That is amnesty. Letting them stay without change isn't amnesty, it is surrender.

Well I guess that solves the problem right? Wrong. With all these illegals becoming citizens straight up would kill our economy within a few years. Think about it for one second.

Hi my name is pedro, I make $4 an hour on a farm for very nice americans. I work hard, long hours. I will become a citizen tomorrow.

One week later.. Hey it's me pedro again, guess what? I'm an american now! And guess what? I demanded to be treated better and within the rules of an american. I now make $7+ an hour and get overtime for all the hours I work!! woohoo!

Now prices go up up up! ..all because 12 million illegals became legal. Whats the point in that? Let's not reward these law breakers, just send them back to come back in the legal way. And until then, start highering Americans.

phatman76
23 Feb 2008, 10:29pm
Well I guess that solves the problem right? Wrong. With all these illegals becoming citizens straight up would kill our economy within a few years. Think about it for one second.

Hi my name is pedro, I make $4 an hour on a farm for very nice americans. I work hard, long hours. I will become a citizen tomorrow.

One week later.. Hey it's me pedro again, guess what? I'm an american now! And guess what? I demanded to be treated better and within the rules of an american. I now make $7+ an hour and get overtime for all the hours I work!! woohoo!

Now prices go up up up! ..all because 12 million illegals became legal. Whats the point in that? Let's not reward these law breakers, just send them back to come back in the legal way. And until then, start highering Americans.

Manfra, I am sorta at a loss for words here. The reason the illegals are here is because there AREN'T any Americans to do the jobs. The dwindling unemployed of this nation are too lazy and pathetic to go to some God-Forsaken field in Arizona or west Texas to pick fruit. And do you think the 10 million illegals will all instantly get citizenship? NO!!! A few will get it, then more and more. And plus, the current burden they put on the economy by not having any insurance, not paying taxes, and not knowing the law makes a pay raise a drop in the bucket.

I can't imagine how you can criticize the economic aspects of my proposal when you somehow think we can manage minus 10 million people in this country if we deport them all.

LegalSmash
24 Feb 2008, 01:20am
While the initial quote was a method by which to criticize our inability to locate them, yet our astounding ability to get trivial things easily, like harassing roger clemens over steroid use, its good to see this turned into a decent thread.

Here are my three cents (adjusted for inflation) on the subject:

Ill attack this in the following manner: Immigrants, the economy, and amnesty... Ill probably do one per post

Immigrants:

As a son of legal immigrants, I feel no pity for persons unwilling to respect the law. My immediate relatives came here between 1959 and 1965 (both sides of family), that is mother, father, grandparents and some uncles and aunts. Yes, America accepted them, and they got in here legally, through Ellis island. I also have some relatives that rafted their happy asses over here, and through Wet-foot/dry foot, are here legally as well. Here is the thing, whether it be in 59 or in 2000 (last arrival) we have always respected this country, its people, and done our best to learn the culture, fit in, and become americans. My granddad, god rest him, loved this country's culture so much that until he died was a huge country music fan, some people considered him a cuban redneck. I know that seems stupid, but think about that, its assimilation. Not just keeping my own culture, but learning the dominant one and adapting myself to it. The majority of these same relatives learned english to some varying degree, enough to at least read, write, and not annoy the shit out everyone here because they need assistance. We took advantage of educational opportunities, worked our asses off, and continue to do so.

Here is where I have a problem with a lot of new immigrants, and I say "new" because its not just "illegals", its the whole friggin' lot of them. They do not feel a duty to learn the dominant culture, assimilate, shit, at least try to fit in. They instead impose their refusal to do so upon the general public. There is no fucking reason why a court in washington DC needs to swear the ENTIRE room in, in SPANISH. The thing is, its not "THEIR" fault, its the PC liberal guilt mongers that insist on catering to them, and in a way enabling this kind of behavior. We didnt get FREE translators when we got here, and neither did the italians, or the germans, or the chinese for that matter. This phenomenon, for lack of a better word, is the result of a LOT of repressed guilt, and political pandering. I dont blame the immigrants, they are going here in droves because they dont HAVE to change. I place the blame squarely on the shoulders of the imbeciles in this country that didnt take a brick shit and throw it at their congressman the SECOND they smelled a double language standard allowance in any of the states. Voter efficacy in this country is HORRIBLE, and this "situation" where you cant find a waiter, clerk, etc. that speaks English is no ones' fault but that of the complacent public that wouldnt know civic virtue if it was growing on their crotch.

The problem here is, once you give an inch, they will take a mile, and to take it back, to say "we arent going to do this anymore, paints the crier of such an idea to be a racist, xenophobe, etc., ... but here is the true irony of it... its the people in this country that imposed this process of logic onto themselves. Therefore, damage is done, and much like aids, your just gonna have to live with it, (unless you grow a pair and stop caring.)

In addition to the language barrier comes the cultural divide. Cinco de Mayo is not a fucking holiday. Jose Marti (with all due respect) Day is not a fucking holiday, and should not be treated as one. If it isnt on the federal register of holidays, it shouldnt be taken off, no matter wtf race/origin you are. Again, we go back to the same situation, some imbecile with an ACLU/diversity fetish decided to let Luz have the day off once, well, guess what, you set a precedent now the rest of the folks working the landscape of the building are going to do it to. Yet... these same people may not celebrate the 4th of July..., wont stand for the flag when it passes, etc. I'm sorry, but If I am in England, and the queen walks by, I'll stand up... when in Rome do as the Romans, but again, no one made this an issue, and now, there is no expectation of it and they WONT do it.

By allowing slacking of cultural mores, behavioral norms, and social rules of the US and its culture , you basically allowed it to be a "suggestion" rather than a requirement.... These people want to live here, as "legal" they have to realize that legal and citizen implies an affirmative duty to the country. Something that for some reason everyone forgets about after 5th grade civics class.

It isnt their fault as much as the fault of the people here, because you DONT COMMAND it of them. Require more shit, they will either run to keep up, or GTFO and go to another place where they can do whatever the hell they want.

My method of fixing this is through requiring a certain level of assimilation into the culture by these people:

1. English is national language... make it so, etc. It is required, basic fluency must be obtained for application for citizenship, because within the US, especially the lower 48, there is no reason why we need to spend taxpayer money to print 2 forms in each language.
2. American Culture needs to be reinforced, and the immigrant celebrations, while private, should be left as just that... My cousins should not be missing school days so Lupe can celebrate 5 de mayo, or any other thing... Have you ever heard of a nail salon closed on Tet? I didnt think so. This isnt racist, its to ensure that these people that WANT to be citizens understand their fellow american, and they can have commonalities outside of driving down the same road.
3. Require, Expect, and Command respect for the culture of the country. I tire of hearing people say that we have to "accept their culture" yes... for the one day we celebrate it... but why the hell is so wrong about having the traditional american culture celebrated?
4. Instill knowledge of, and respect for, the laws of the land.

If I as to write ALL my complaints, the tower would fall btw.

Im done for the evening. Before you start to scream at me, (for those that would) remember something, 100 years ago, italians, sicilians, jews from E Europe, etc. all came here, looking for a better life. We are still that nation... however, we no longer seem to require that the candidate for naturalization seeks english classes or for that matter, know dick about the culture.

phatman76
24 Feb 2008, 01:42am
Very well said Legal. I agree with this.