Leeder
21 Feb 2008, 02:20am
I want to have a list of every great anime :D

The only ones I can think of are Outlaw Star and Pokemon :D

So.. Help :D
:jiggy:

Jaffa
21 Feb 2008, 02:53am
At the moment i watch Bleach, Naruto, and the immense One Piece (One Piece is by far my favourite of the 3)

Worht watching if you like anime:

Gundam Seed + Destiny, Blood+, and obviously

DRAGONBALL Z

Pancake Batter
21 Feb 2008, 03:34am
Not sure what to suggest, but you can go to this site, it has a ton a dubbed/subbed anime :

http://anime6.org/

Henda
21 Feb 2008, 09:23am
Wonders how he completely missed the anime section directly UNDER THIS SECTION. Moved.

Slavic
21 Feb 2008, 09:59am
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing and Draganball Z, Nothing else is worth mentioning. End of story

Jaffa
21 Feb 2008, 10:25am
Dragonball Gt!

Xearo
23 Feb 2008, 01:33pm
Akira is a fairly popular one and one of my favs is Ghost in the Shell. But Ghost in the Shell is probably more of an Young adult-adult anime. The only ones that some poeple have mentioned are DBZ and DBGT. I've seen the whole DBZ Saga when it was first Airing on Toonami or whatever is was called, and I've only watched maybe a few episodes of DBGT, quit watching them after that.

Cowboy Bepop was enjoyable, Trigun is a note worthy one, and Outlaw Star was pretty damn sweet. I can probably think of some others that I used to watch, too.

Some other movies that I remember back in the day was Princess Mononoke and Howl's Moving Castle, I think those even got a Theatrical release along with Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence.

CaptainMe
15 Apr 2008, 05:13pm
Trigun is a note worthy one.

Truth, you speak it :]

matt 187
15 Apr 2008, 05:14pm
OLD THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbdown:

CaptainMe
15 Apr 2008, 05:37pm
It's not really a necro post :/

Jaffa
15 Apr 2008, 05:42pm
For anyone who's intrested, second series of Code Geass is out (new episode every week :D )

Senior
15 Apr 2008, 06:36pm
im just waiting for op 350 and shippuden 55 ^^,

Jaffa
15 Apr 2008, 08:27pm
:D :D :D :D

where do you get your subs from?

i use aniijunkie

Senior
15 Apr 2008, 08:33pm
i just google it the day after the release day in japan and choose one of them, ends up being a veoh upload so i get decent quality x]

Straylight
16 Apr 2008, 01:14pm
Hmm, Litkey got me interested in Deathnote, well him and adult swim.

Then theres, Ghost in the shell the TV series. I really dug Cowboy bebop, That might be worth checking out for anyone. Be aware Bebop is all about the journey not the endpoint.

Ahh yes then theres shin chan, for a laugh. A pretty dirty cartoon sometimes
:wink:

-Straylight

Phobos
16 Apr 2008, 03:00pm
I'd say Karin and Ah! My Goddess if you like romantic comedies :P

Dracula
16 Apr 2008, 05:49pm
Hmm, Litkey got me interested in Deathnote, well him and adult swim.

Then theres, Ghost in the shell the TV series. I really dug Cowboy bebop, That might be worth checking out for anyone. Be aware Bebop is all about the journey not the endpoint.

Ahh yes then theres shin chan, for a laugh. A pretty dirty cartoon sometimes
:wink:

-Straylight

Ya now im addicted to Death Note.

xBloodShotx
16 Apr 2008, 10:48pm
yea death note was pretty awesome, though the second season was kinda lame.
other good animes: Hellsing, Getbackers, Hunter x Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin

Jaffa
17 Apr 2008, 05:30am
New bleach 167!!!!!

Dracula
17 Apr 2008, 01:49pm
We have gained another they are being converted faster then the stuff can come out.

Vicious
17 Apr 2008, 04:52pm
Hunter x Hunter all time favorite
Gundam Wing
Trigun
InuYasha
Cowboy Bebop
Outlaw Star
Darker than black
Black Cat
Trinity Blood
Black Blood Brothers
Hellsing
Wolf Rein
Demon eyes kyo
Fullmet Alchemist
One Piece
Air Gear
Yuyu Hakusho
Tsubasa Chronicle

Bodybag
17 Apr 2008, 05:15pm
yea my fav is prolly fullmetal alchemist. inuyasha wasnt that great but it was ok, and i watched a little bit of hellsing and it was pretty good.. but if you dont watch it from the beginning then it is very confusing.

Huwajux
20 Apr 2008, 07:29am
Dragonball Gt!
*Slaps*

DBGT was awful compared to DBZ. Gohan and Trunks were no longer cool, Goku was a kid, Pan was irritating, SSJ4 was completely retarded looking, Super 17 still had the queer sounding voice of the original Android #17, one of the main villain's race was called the 'Tuffle' race (Coupled along with the fact that his name was Baby) - nuff said, it never brought back Vegeto who was the coolest and strongest of all the fusion warriors and it brought back Gogeta as a SSJ4 instead.

The only cool thing about it was that Vegeta grew a moustache during the series.

Zahada
20 Apr 2008, 10:12pm
Gensomaden Sayuki, Ghost in the Shell... both awesome

Molotov
22 Apr 2008, 11:10am
Ghost in the Shell, Outlaw Star,and Cowboy Bebop are only anime's that ever kept my interest.

Swizzy *B*
22 Apr 2008, 12:35pm
No such thing of a Worthy Anime. Sorry.

PotshotPolka
22 Apr 2008, 01:40pm

Sorry, but do you know what gtfo means?

Suri
22 Apr 2008, 02:01pm

I will say this once. But I would think it's common Sense. If you don't like anime then don't post in the Anime thread. Stop trying to start trouble.

persiius
22 Apr 2008, 02:07pm
19 going on 3........

G-Man
23 Apr 2008, 07:54pm
Anime is junk.... :001_tt2:

PotshotPolka
23 Apr 2008, 08:05pm
Anime is junk.... :001_tt2:

I don't care about the inner workings of anime, but edit your comment and take it somewhere else G-Man, I will not have someone else starting a flame in here.

Dracula
23 Apr 2008, 08:13pm
Any one here seen Elfen Lied?

Boom
26 Apr 2008, 11:03pm
I can't say I've watched much anime, but the only ones to hold my attention are Perfect Blue(which isn't really fair because it's a movie and not a series, a damn good movie at that) and Great Teacher Onizuka. Both are incredible and are set in the present time, something that for some reason is the only kind of bearable anime for me.

Here's a link to the first part of episode 2 of GTO. It's about a 22 year old ex-bosozoku(motorcycle gang) street punk whose goal in life is to become Japan's greatest teacher. You watch a few episodes of this and it makes you think about what high school was like, and maybe makes you wish you had a teacher like that. It's a comedy and can get a little drama-y at times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoXXuVBdW0Y

And for kicks here's the trailer for Perfect Blue. Brilliant psych-thriller that could have easily been live-action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQRbOz8EEBQ

Ambulancia
13 May 2008, 03:52pm
my list of animes goes as follows: (in order of awesomeness lol)

bleach
dragonball z (i didnt get into gt too much)
vash the stampede (what was the actual name of the show?)
rurouni kenshin
yu yu hakusho
samurai champloo
cowboy bebop
flame of recca
ZOIDS (nobody seems to remember this one)

im sure im forgetting some but mannn all of those are great. CHECK THEM ALL OUT. NOW

SoulKeeper
19 Jul 2008, 03:54pm
Deathnote
Black Lagoon
Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni + Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Kai
Elfen Lied ( Gore + Nudity )
Gunslinger Girl ( Never watched it, Looks sweet )
That's pretty much the list, For now. :cool:

Cranks
24 Jul 2008, 08:37pm
Unless its been said...

Ghost in the shell IS A MUST SEE!

Its the only thing im like a total fanboy to.

SoulKeeper
24 Jul 2008, 09:11pm
I always hated Ghost In A Shell, I'm not sure why, I just HATED it. I think it's because it's too... Futery, if thats a word. :P
**SoulKeeper waits for a bunch of fanboys to jump him

Cranks
24 Jul 2008, 09:21pm
ima chargeing my laser.....

/fires at soul

AppleShark
25 Jul 2008, 08:42am
Never really watched anime except for Pokémon, although I have to say Dragonball Z reigns supreme. WHAT 9000?!?

cpt.cookie
25 Jul 2008, 08:54am
i would suggjest dbz maby inuyasha naruto and NO FRICKEN WAY POKEMANS one peice bleach death note (even know ive never gotten it) and SPONGE BOB!!!

SoulKeeper
25 Jul 2008, 11:05am
Sponge Bob is a cartoon. I really never liked DBZ, Neither. :001_tt2:
I got bored of Inuyasha after awhile.

Cranks
25 Jul 2008, 07:54pm
DGZ was awesome except the uk fecked it up because they never played the original seriers of it called DragonBall. So i was gutted to here that :(

AppleShark
26 Jul 2008, 09:29am
i would suggjest dbz maby inuyasha naruto and NO FRICKEN WAY POKEMANS one peice bleach death note (even know ive never gotten it) and SPONGE BOB!!!

I did not understand a single part of that post.

But Death Note is pretty damn good.

TofuShop
26 Jul 2008, 09:37am
I did not understand a single part of that post.
But Death Note is pretty damn good.

He posted a list. These are the usual suspects in an announcement for epic anime series, so I won't disturb it's process. Anything over 50 episodes is something I would consider a worthy anime since only those actually worthy get that far. Those that are above 200 and ongoing...well need I say more?

I haven't seen a movie posted, so I will drop a couple of titles. Grave of the Fireflies is near the top along with most Gibli films and if i might also add, including manga would be a good idea. As we all know, books are by far, better than their appearances in movies and television shows.

juku
27 Jul 2008, 11:35am
Pokemon and yugioh ftw. Lol but for real the ghibli studio making all those movies are pretty good such as my favorites would be kiki's delivery service and spirited away.

Loganator456
29 Jul 2008, 05:51am
Inuyasha
DBZ (sorta)
Escaflowne
Cowboy Bebop
Rurouni Kenshin
Spirited Away & Princess Mononoke (which I love both)
Kiki's Delivery Service

Mammal
29 Jul 2008, 07:25am
Nausicca of the valley of the wind

(something like that)

Spirited away, princess monoke, howls moving castle, porco rosso (loved it) all the ghibli ones really.

tosh9i
29 Jul 2008, 01:34pm
Nausicca of the valley of the wind

(something like that)

Spirited away, princess monoke, howls moving castle, porco rosso (loved it) all the ghibli ones really.

You mean you like Hayao Miyazaki's films. He's like the Japanese version of Steven Spielberg, except Miyazaki mainly does animated stuff.

You can find them here:

http://www.veoh.com/channelVideos.html?c=StudioGhibliHayaoMiyazaki

Trip
29 Jul 2008, 05:02pm
You mean you like Hayao Miyazaki's films. He's like the Japanese version of Steven Spielberg, except Miyazaki mainly does animated stuff.

You can find them here:

http://www.veoh.com/channelVideos.html?c=StudioGhibliHayaoMiyazaki

hmm that site doesn't work for me :crying:

tosh9i
30 Jul 2008, 10:05am
hmm that site doesn't work for me :crying:

What do you mean it doesn't work for you? Are you saying that you don't like it or that you can't access it?

To view the "entire" video, you have to install VeohTV or install Veoh Web Player:

http://www.veoh.com/veohTV/getStarted.html
http://labs.veoh.com/labs/?p=18

SoulKeeper
3 Aug 2008, 01:57pm
He posted a list. These are the usual suspects in an announcement for epic anime series, so I won't disturb it's process. Anything over 50 episodes is something I would consider a worthy anime since only those actually worthy get that far. Those that are above 200 and ongoing...well need I say more?

I haven't seen a movie posted, so I will drop a couple of titles. Grave of the Fireflies is near the top along with most Gibli films and if i might also add, including manga would be a good idea. As we all know, books are by far, better than their appearances in movies and television shows.
I like the anime I watch short. I don't wanna have to open TV-Links everyday trying to find episode 68. Also, Inuyasha got boring because it was TOO long. It just gets boring after awhile.
Elfen Lied has to be the BEST anime EVER! It could have been a little longer, though...

juku
4 Aug 2008, 04:40am
I like the anime I watch short. I don't wanna have to open TV-Links everyday trying to find episode 68. Also, Inuyasha got boring because it was TOO long. It just gets boring after awhile.
Elfen Lied has to be the BEST anime EVER! It could have been a little longer, though...

I so agree Elfen Lied was so good. I really hoped that there would be a follow up or something to it. I mean if you watched the end the was a ciffhanger that could be explained if they made just atleast one more episode. In a way yes and no for Inuyasha as the only boring part for me was the waiting time till the next episode, until I started to watch the japanese episodes with subtitles.

SoulKeeper
4 Aug 2008, 02:07pm
You need to watch the OVA, It destroys the cliff hanger.
Naruto is MUCH better than Inuyasha. :biggrin:

Loganator456
4 Aug 2008, 03:19pm
You need to watch the OVA, It destroys the cliff hanger.
Naruto is MUCH worse than Inuyasha. :biggrin:

Fixed. :wink:

SoulKeeper
4 Aug 2008, 03:50pm
Fixed. :wink:

Oh no you didn't! I got bored of Inuyasha BECAUSE of Naruto. :001_tongue:

Loganator456
4 Aug 2008, 04:08pm
Oh no you didn't! I got bored of Inuyasha BECAUSE of Naruto. :001_tongue:

:001_rolleyes: :rlol:

Dark Torcher
5 Aug 2008, 01:05pm