PDA

View Full Version : Map Crashes on Zombie Server

McRapeYou
20 Feb 2008, 06:51pm
If anyones had the dis-pleasure of playing my map on the Zombie Server, I'm sure you may have noticed that at the 2nd round, the map appears to crash the server. This is ofcourse very bad, as I had no intention of crashing the server, and it tarnishes me as a bad map designer... although this is still the first map that I've ever made for any Half Life game.

Aside from all of that, I've been reading up, and trying to figure out why its crashing on this server in particular... Because, Me and Super Nub can play on my map for 10 rounds without any error... I've also tried it on a Normal CS server, with the same results... so I'm really scratching my grey matter here when trying to figure out why its crashing on the Zombie Server.

If anyone has any recollections on why it may be crashing. The grenade spawner's stop spawning after 5 nades... And It appears to happen after someone makes it into the main teleporting room. I could go over any functions that I process in there, if anyone think their important....

I think I must have some weird entity thats doing random crap somewhere... I'm going to look over the entity list inside the .map file (which is something like 91,000 lines of code ATM, haha)

Thanks for any help

EvInReaLife
20 Feb 2008, 07:24pm
Do you have an explosion entity somewhere on the map? If so, where, and what kind. This has crashed my maps more times than i care to recall.

SOLANUM
20 Feb 2008, 07:24pm
Your map crashing in no way at all makes you a bad mapper. I thought it was a pretty damn good map and you sir,are a pretty damn good mapper *Thumbs up*.....smileys broken....

Sol :)

matt 187
20 Feb 2008, 07:42pm
Your map crashing in no way at all makes you a bad mapper. I thought it was a pretty damn good map and you sir,are a pretty damn good mapper *Thumbs up*.....smileys broken....

Sol :)

lol i like how you said smiley broken & yea it's a nice map it just crash's some times

McRapeYou
20 Feb 2008, 07:57pm

That just made my day =D
I figured everyone was sour at me for crashing the server :)

EvInReaLife, I'm gunna open up the VTF and see if I might have some laying around that I forgot to delete, 1 sec

McRapeYou
20 Feb 2008, 08:07pm
Yes, I indeed have 1 env_explosion, that shouldn't have been able to be triggered... Its in a box above a room, and the trigger to enable it, isn't in a place that anyone can get it, it was in my "Demo" box. But that box is Right above the room that seems to crash when people go inside of it. I'm going to delete it and keep looking, but this is the entity information that I took from the VTF before I deleted it.

entity
{
"id" "109710"
"classname" "env_explosion"
"spawnflags" "130"
"targetname" "EXP4"
"rendermode" "5"
"fireballsprite" "sprites/blueflare1_noz"
"iRadiusOverride" "0"
"iMagnitude" "0"
"origin" "800.356 -3556.96 116.027"
editor
{
"color" "220 30 220"
"visgroupshown" "1"
"visgroupautoshown" "1"
"logicalpos" "[2000 -1268]"
}
}

Jack_Sparow
20 Feb 2008, 10:04pm
lol poor rape im here to help add me on steam friends

McRapeYou
21 Feb 2008, 08:09pm
I wana play my map :(

so lame

Marquis Posa
3 Mar 2008, 02:51pm
are you still working on your map or does it still crash server?
you could upload the .vmf file on zombiemod.com, maybe someone will take a look at it and fix the problem. :0

killerkallerant
3 Mar 2008, 05:17pm
if u post it, im pretty sure someone can look at it. and just because the server crashes doesnt make u a bad level designer. most likelly its a server issue, or ur just a bad optimisor! Cheers

Italian Jew
4 Mar 2008, 06:54am
everytime the server crashes it is because Henda lays down the ban hammer on someone's ass...

Anyways, it is probably some dumb thing hidden somewhere that you will find days from now and be like "WTF!?"

SATAN
5 Mar 2008, 06:35am
Anyways, it is probably some dumb thing hidden somewhere that you will find days from now and be like "WTF!?"

Rofl thats happen to me before, looking all over my map for the problem and finding it days later with the same "WTF!?, wth is this doing here" reaction and then laughing at myself for 10 mins.