PDA

View Full Version : Promotions

Kennith
8 Feb 2010, 10:36am
Our first batch of promotions consist of 2 new Administrative Officers, but 2 old time members. After going through some lengthy discussions we have finally decided on two great members of SG for this well deserved promotion. Congratulations to Crimson and mNote for earning the position of AO.

Crimson/Obez has been with the community for nearly 2 years. He's contributed in a great amount and has shown his loyalty to the community. As most of you know, Crimson has put in outstanding effort and has shown great dedication into his work as a CA. He has shown up for meetings, trained admins, and made fair decisions in the promotion of new admins. He has proven himself to be an example to all, not just as an adviser, but as a person in general. And this is exactly what the board is looking for to fill the position of AO.

For 3 long years, mNote has shown his commitment and faithfulness to SG long before SG was SG, and long before ZM was even ZM. He has done more than most can ever hope to top. He has given well-advised ideas for mods, scripts, and suggestions in the community, which has been a great asset to SG. He has participated in filling the servers, befriending players, and has a very diverse way in thinking and making decisions, which makes him definitely familiar around the community. His interests in obtaining knowledge for scripts and servers and the devotion in time he put in to this great community has made him an excellent choice for AO.

The list of duties for AOs include:

* Verify that servers are operational
* Reboot Dead/Lagged servers
* Manage Player complaints/bans
* Assist in training new admins
* Handle admin disputes
* Monitor the Ventrilo server
* Grant access rights to Ventrilo
* Search for new maps for all servers
* Upload maps to server and fast downloads site
* Edit map lists and rotations
* Issue player perma bans via request from SA's
* Teach admins how to demo/ban/screenshot proof

The Administrative Manager position was a position that was thought to be discontinued. However, we have found someone who is extremely worthy to have it brought back. Please join me in welcoming Highsky to the position of AM. Highsky has done an excellent job in undertaking the role of AO. He has dealt with player and admin complaints in a just and courteous manner. His way of engagement in problematic situations will be proven useful as an Administrative Manager.

Highsky will perform the following duties:

* Manage Administrative Officer duties
* Give monthly reviews to all current AO's
* Assist Board of Directors on who to promote
* Power to overturn AO decisions
* Recommend removal of AO's based on performance
* Train new Administrative Officers
* Assist AO's when problems arise
* Monitor support bucket to ensure quick resolutions
* Assist with AO duties when other are on vacation
* Issue player perma bans via request from SA's

Our next set of promotions consist of Community Advisers. We have look through the whole list of possible candidates and decided on these 6 loyal admins. Please congratulate Eldest, Elleon, Finzz, Gunner412, Maxwelldon, and Shadowex3.
All of the above have shown their time and support either from making countless number of banners for the community, being active on the servers, or being active on the forums.

The duties that these new Community Advisers will perform for us include:

* Advise the higher staff in important decision
* Keep servers clean from rule breakers
* Issue warnings/kicks/bans
* Manage the maps played
* Record demos proof for perm bans
* Request perm bans via the forum
* Post in game server problems on forum
* Help in any way to make the servers fun
* Training and Promoting Apprentice Admins
* Attend CA meetings

Our final promotion will be to a new Legend. The position of Legends goes to community members who have been with us for an extraordinary amount of time and for those who made an immeasurable impact on the community itself. Please welcome, Mikey into the group of Legends.

The duties that Legends will perform include:

* Look cool in their italic yellow font

That is all for this time around. Send out a thanks and congrats to these Steam Gamers.

And here is to another great term for SG!
SUPPORT THE MOTHERFUCKIN' COMMUNITY!

Tcp-Kill
8 Feb 2010, 10:38am
Congrats yo

Paul
8 Feb 2010, 10:51am
Gratz

barackobama
8 Feb 2010, 10:52am
cool beans!

But for real, I'm very proud we are promoting Highsky, he has been a long AO, and he really deserves this, and he really will be good in this position, but make sure you don't disagree, because he's even more powerful now! I still can tho :0

Crimson
8 Feb 2010, 11:56am
Congrats to everyone!

Jazz
8 Feb 2010, 11:59am
cool beans! WB LITKEY!!!! :p

Very well deserved to all promo's. Especially Crimson and Highsky.

Grats all!!!

mapper
8 Feb 2010, 12:02pm
Woohoow, That takes indeed a very long time.
Gz to everyone!

High
8 Feb 2010, 12:02pm
Well this was unexpected. Congrats. And how long before i smack crimson down?

Jazz
8 Feb 2010, 12:04pm
Well this was unexpected. Congrats. And how long before i smack crimson down?

The guy on your avatar can electrify Crimson up and down! :)

darth jacen
8 Feb 2010, 12:04pm
grats

Eldest
8 Feb 2010, 12:07pm
Gratz all and WB "litkey"

Cranks
8 Feb 2010, 12:07pm
Grats guys

Hamster power
8 Feb 2010, 12:08pm
congrats everyone.

Nasu
8 Feb 2010, 12:09pm
The duties that Legends will perform include:

* Look cool in their italic yellow font

That is all for this time around. Send out a thanks and congrats to these Steam Gamers.

And here is to another great term for SG!
SUPPORT THE MOTHERFUCKIN' COMMUNITY!

Legends have lots to do :biggrin:

SilentGuns
8 Feb 2010, 12:10pm
gratz

Kennith
8 Feb 2010, 12:10pm
what are you guys smoking on, litkey aint here.

Nasu
8 Feb 2010, 12:12pm

Ye, where did he go :crazy:?

Epic Bread Man

LOL?

Paul
Ye, where did he go :crazy:?

This is a +1 thread not a +2 thread. :thumb:

Determined2Win
8 Feb 2010, 12:20pm
congrats and stuff

Shadowex3
8 Feb 2010, 12:24pm
Woah, thanks. I was wondering why it took longer than usual to scroll down to Tech Talk >.>

Dracula
8 Feb 2010, 12:28pm
The best promo thread ive seen in a while.

Ngo
8 Feb 2010, 12:29pm
Who wants to support Ngo4BD?

I pay well.

Huwajux
8 Feb 2010, 12:31pm
Woot, Crimson can no longer oppress the CA section with his invalid opinion!

But seriously, congrats to all, especially Highsky. Hot damn it was about time you were recognised!

Jaffa
8 Feb 2010, 12:31pm
Grats

b0red
8 Feb 2010, 12:34pm
What about Rusty?

Paul
8 Feb 2010, 12:36pm
What about Rusty?

hes ginger :crazy:

Bob Loblaw
8 Feb 2010, 12:42pm
Congrats to all!
Very good promotions.

Farmer Mick
8 Feb 2010, 12:44pm
well done guys

Mystique
8 Feb 2010, 12:50pm
Congrats all!

Kennith
8 Feb 2010, 12:54pm
What about Rusty?

Not active enough, he was considered.

'BEANIE
8 Feb 2010, 01:00pm
Well deserved this time!! Grats to all!! :party:

Stevee
8 Feb 2010, 01:06pm
Congratz Everyone! :)

P3rg3
8 Feb 2010, 01:07pm
Congratulations.

Daze
8 Feb 2010, 01:08pm
Gratz all!

Phonicz
8 Feb 2010, 01:08pm
Congrats

Chaos
8 Feb 2010, 01:23pm
Congrats everyone, well thought out and well deserved :)

Leon
8 Feb 2010, 01:28pm
ewwwwwwww crimson in orange ewwwwwwwwwwww :P

CONGRATS GUISE!!

Zaraki
8 Feb 2010, 01:28pm
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL WHO HAVE BEEN PROMOTED !! xD
:high5::high5::high5:

Psyche
8 Feb 2010, 01:41pm
congrats

Prez
8 Feb 2010, 01:45pm
Congrats everyone! Good luck in your new roles. :]

Silentfaith
8 Feb 2010, 01:45pm
grats......

b0red
8 Feb 2010, 01:46pm
Not active enough, he was considered.

Mercy? What about him? Also Gratz to everyone all deserved!

Neji
8 Feb 2010, 01:48pm
Crimson AO? lol, gratz ;P

Huwajux
8 Feb 2010, 01:50pm
???

Are you whining about your friends not being chosen?

MPQC
8 Feb 2010, 01:56pm
Congrats. :D

andre1028
8 Feb 2010, 01:57pm
About time :clap:

skitzophranic
8 Feb 2010, 01:58pm
congratttts!

Tweezy
8 Feb 2010, 02:11pm
Gratz guys and girls ^^ :)

ckw
8 Feb 2010, 02:13pm
Congrats !:D

Kennith
8 Feb 2010, 02:18pm

Yes him, too...

Metal
8 Feb 2010, 02:19pm
About time mNote!

Good job guys.

Plus i cant wait until crimson is BD!

Cromyth
8 Feb 2010, 02:20pm
Congratz everyone. Well deserved, maybe not so much for Crimson
jk

Micro
8 Feb 2010, 02:23pm
Congratz, well deserved.

Trogdor
8 Feb 2010, 02:39pm
Great promotions.

Congrats to you all!

Flick
8 Feb 2010, 02:46pm
congratz cept obez /rage on that =P

Scoutkllr
8 Feb 2010, 02:48pm
Congrats

Crimson
8 Feb 2010, 02:52pm
congratz cept obez /rage on that =P

Noob! =D

Ares018
8 Feb 2010, 03:02pm
gratz

Awacs
8 Feb 2010, 03:03pm
Gratz

Toxin
8 Feb 2010, 03:06pm
LOL at Obez. ahahaha. Yeah I remembed when he applied for admin back then. Eventhough he still treats me like an asshole for our times we spent playing WoW together, I must admit he grew up. :]
And congrats to everyone else.

Bubbles
8 Feb 2010, 03:14pm
suck dick

get AO

*claps for obez*

Supa
8 Feb 2010, 03:16pm
Congrats to everyone!!!

Drox
8 Feb 2010, 03:18pm
congratz

SneakySnake
8 Feb 2010, 03:27pm
Congratulations!

Chobber
8 Feb 2010, 03:42pm
Grats all!

Cookie
8 Feb 2010, 03:44pm
congrats and well deserved !!

Resistance
8 Feb 2010, 03:47pm
Gratz on da promotionz

Dannen
8 Feb 2010, 03:47pm
Too many posts with "congrats" :S
Good Job!!

mNote
8 Feb 2010, 03:55pm
Congrats to everyone who got promoted and thank you to everyone else who took part in congratulating. :D

Time to celebrate!

ygvQOGrOmAI

barackobama
8 Feb 2010, 03:56pm
WHAT DA FUCK OBEZ AS AO, WHAT ABOUT SGT_CHURCH! WTF, OMG WTF, MNOTE??/ WHO IS MNOTE, OMGZ FKING FIRENDS WTF! OMG WHAT, WHO ARE THESE CA'S WHY WAS GOD NOT CHOSEN AS AN LG, OMG WTF MERCY WRT PWERNOT, WTF FUCKING LITKEY? WTF Y HE PORMOTED

Kindly shut the fuck up :)

Suri
8 Feb 2010, 03:56pm
Good Picks for AO. mNote been here for ever. Shocked he is not a BD, but baby steps I guess;) And About time Crimson!!!

And Highsky congrats on the AM rank. You will do a great job. I was the only other perosn to hold that tilte. So you have big shoes to fill;)

High
8 Feb 2010, 04:27pm
Good Picks for AO. mNote been here for ever. Shocked he is not a BD, but baby steps I guess;) And About time Crimson!!!

And Highsky congrats on the AM rank. You will do a great job. I was the only other perosn to hold that tilte. So you have big shoes to fill;)

What about venom?

Suri
8 Feb 2010, 04:37pm
What about venom?

Venom never had it. They retired the rank after I was promoted to BD.

barackobama
8 Feb 2010, 04:40pm
Venmon was AM lol

Irish
8 Feb 2010, 04:47pm
Congrats all well deserved!!

well besides the zombie goose he is just going to eat ever thing now. jk XD congrats

Suri
8 Feb 2010, 04:53pm
Venmon was AM lol

WHen was this? Must have been when I was gone. Well he could not fill my shoes, but I am sure Highsky will.

Crimson
8 Feb 2010, 05:06pm
Congrats all well deserved!!

well besides the zombie goose he is just going to eat ever thing now. jk XD congrats

Nom nom nom! :laugh:

Lucid
8 Feb 2010, 05:29pm
Congratulations Highsky on Administrative Manager! Whip those AO's into shape.

Crimson and mNote congrats on AO! I am positive you fellows will do an outstanding job.

Congratulations to all the CA's who were promoted, and Mikey on LG.

Huwajux
8 Feb 2010, 05:30pm
Well he could not fill my shoes, but I am sure Highsky will.

Ketch
8 Feb 2010, 05:40pm
yo, grats, yo.

Caution
8 Feb 2010, 06:01pm
Grats

Trogdor
8 Feb 2010, 06:11pm

I'm thinking (hoping) that was a joke with the Venom part.

Doctordan
8 Feb 2010, 07:09pm
gratz

Retarded Santa
8 Feb 2010, 08:48pm
gratz to my peeps, yo

Eskomo
8 Feb 2010, 09:43pm
Another step towards Canadian supremacy, I'm proud of you Obez.

Kennith
8 Feb 2010, 09:44pm
Okay, lets make this clear, this isn't directed as ONE specific person cause I'm sure many feel this way. All of these people who have been promoted, have either been with SG a LOT longer than most, or have contributed or set an example an extremely well-mannered way. If you are thinking, wth I've been here for 1-2 years now, some have it worse, and haven't even gotten a promotion yet and has still stuck it out with us. In other words, if you got promoted I'm sure you wouldn't want someone putting "..." in your topic or start blabbering on vent, about why you didn't deserve it. If you are hanging around here just for a promotion, and I see 5 leaving threads cause you didn't get one, it'll just let us know we made the right choice in not promoting you. There were MANY we considered, and you have not been forgotten, unless you obviously don't either:

1. Post enough on the forums
2. Hang around our servers
3. Be on vent
4. Participate in making this community a better place

If you are doing none of these, or the opposite then don't think you'll get CA anytime soon. Whining and bitching about how shitty the community is not helping it, its giving actual, realistic advice. As for the donaters, in a way it does improve your odds of CA, not going to lie, but not that much as you can see. For the ones who donated thinking they'd get a position, you are obviously donating for the wrong reasons then. Don't really need to get into that all that much.

As for Obez, those of you who know the name Obez know that, yea first time around he was pretty bad, he was picked on constantly, dealt with everyone's shit, and he still does, yet he sticks around, for the most part. Please, grow the fuck up and look outside the box, hes changed, give the guy a break, he busted his ass in actually doing something as a CA when back then CA didn't really have a huge role, and now that they do he tries even harder. I'm not saying none of the other CAs deserve AO promotion, cause some of them really do, its just from what we saw, Obez has been very active and been a CA for a good while.

Arguing with the BDs, doesn't lower your chance of promotion. I argue with everyone all the time, heck I've argued with Obez and raged on him at vent for those who were in that channel during that time back then. Obez thought he completely blew his chance for AO after that, but I'm not baised. Unless you constantly break rules or is constantly immature or either constantly too uptight for that matter, you WILL get CA eventually if you are an admin or will get admin.

The CA's were originally going to be just 3 promotions, yet we've promoted 6, its always a hard process, but as more people join SG, the harder it gets. If you do nothing wrong, show a good example to follow, and have what it takes, you'll eventually get CA. For those of you who didn't get anything this time around, I apologize. I know some of you have been here for a substantial amount of time. You will get the recognition you deserve.

Aside from all that, this wasn't directed anyone in particular, just those who show the lack of respect for these people who deserves the congratulations in this topic.
Just to sum this up, everyone matters, EVERYONE plays a good role in this community.
If you want to talk in private about why specifically these people were chosen, then I am up for a talk, just not out in the public like this.

Oh and here let me fix this for you

WHen was this? Must have been when I left. Well even though I wasn't here for it, I'm sure he filled my shoes, and I am sure Highsky will, too

Dante
8 Feb 2010, 10:48pm
Congratulations guys!! Well deserved!! Keep it up!

Caution
8 Feb 2010, 11:41pm
Okay, lets make this clear, this isn't directed as ONE specific person cause I'm sure many feel this way. All of these people who have been promoted, have either been with SG a LOT longer than most, or have contributed or set an example an extremely well-mannered way. If you are thinking, wth I've been here for 1-2 years now, some have it worse, and haven't even gotten a promotion yet and has still stuck it out with us. In other words, if you got promoted I'm sure you wouldn't want someone putting "..." in your topic or start blabbering on vent, about why you didn't deserve it. If you are hanging around here just for a promotion, and I see 5 leaving threads cause you didn't get one, it'll just let us know we made the right choice in not promoting you. There were MANY we considered, and you have not been forgotten, unless you obviously don't either:

1. Post enough on the forums
2. Hang around our servers
3. Be on vent
4. Participate in making this community a better place

If you are doing none of these, or the opposite then don't think you'll get CA anytime soon. Whining and bitching about how shitty the community is not helping it, its giving actual, realistic advice. As for the donaters, in a way it does improve your odds of CA, not going to lie, but not that much as you can see. For the ones who donated thinking they'd get a position, you are obviously donating for the wrong reasons then. Don't really need to get into that all that much.

As for Obez, those of you who know the name Obez know that, yea first time around he was pretty bad, he was picked on constantly, dealt with everyone's shit, and he still does, yet he sticks around, for the most part. Please, grow the fuck up and look outside the box, hes changed, give the guy a break, he busted his ass in actually doing something as a CA when back then CA didn't really have a huge role, and now that they do he tries even harder. I'm not saying none of the other CAs deserve AO promotion, cause some of them really do, its just from what we saw, Obez has been very active and been a CA for a good while.

Arguing with the BDs, doesn't lower your chance of promotion. I argue with everyone all the time, heck I've argued with Obez and raged on him at vent for those who were in that channel during that time back then. Obez thought he completely blew his chance for AO after that, but I'm not baised. Unless you constantly break rules or is constantly immature or either constantly too uptight for that matter, you WILL get CA eventually if you are an admin or will get admin.

The CA's were originally going to be just 3 promotions, yet we've promoted 6, its always a hard process, but as more people join SG, the harder it gets. If you do nothing wrong, show a good example to follow, and have what it takes, you'll eventually get CA. For those of you who didn't get anything this time around, I apologize. I know some of you have been here for a substantial amount of time. You will get the recognition you deserve.

Aside from all that, this wasn't directed anyone in particular, just those who show the lack of respect for these people who deserves the congratulations in this topic.
Just to sum this up, everyone matters, EVERYONE plays a good role in this community.
If you want to talk in private about why specifically these people were chosen, then I am up for a talk, just not out in the public like this.

Oh and here let me fix this for you

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r211/caution209/sgdrama.jpg

Jewpiter
8 Feb 2010, 11:58pm
GJ crimson you deserved the promotion the most :-)

Crazy Dane
9 Feb 2010, 05:53am
Gratz guys!

Movement
9 Feb 2010, 06:05am
Well deserved to all :clap:

Itch
9 Feb 2010, 08:25am
Congrats! Well deserved.

PingPong
9 Feb 2010, 08:34am
Congratulationez

Mad Dogg
9 Feb 2010, 08:40am
Congratz guys :)

Tweezy
9 Feb 2010, 12:26pm
This is a +1 thread not a +2 thread. :thumb:

It's a +2 now (Second post :D)

Zealot
9 Feb 2010, 01:28pm
Big congrats, specially to Finzz and Gunner :)

Harbor
9 Feb 2010, 02:53pm
Ha two icampers what what, we takin over

connor
9 Feb 2010, 05:47pm
gratz:thumb:

xVengeance
9 Feb 2010, 06:45pm
Gratz guys, well deserved!

Mikey
10 Feb 2010, 03:27pm
thx y'all

TheVirus
10 Feb 2010, 04:05pm
GJ crimson you deserved the promotion the most :-)

I concur. Mad props to you, Crimson.

Stalls0
10 Feb 2010, 04:09pm
gratz guys

X-treme Russian
10 Feb 2010, 04:09pm
good job guys

Longwave
10 Feb 2010, 06:29pm
whos brainy idea was it to give obez AO??? WE ARE ALL DOOMED!!!!

but for real. congrats guys you all earned it!!!

Alucard
10 Feb 2010, 07:29pm
Nice One Obez
congrats to all of you