Bill Smauz
19 Feb 2008, 07:05pm
Review for zm_er_blackmesa_escape_beta1

Do you like this map or do you hate it?
Does it need improvements?
Does it have any glitches or exploits?

{bAy} sUP
19 Feb 2008, 08:39pm
altogether , this map is the best designed out of all the maps ive every played. except the way you explained how the map wuz suppose to be like is not exactly how you designed it. And also zombies catch up to quickly.... you chould put more vechicles in our more escape routes that people can hold off the zombies... vents are nice but ct can not get anywhere if zombies have infected tram... and i think you should add some secret spots besides the disco room where you press eternal ring

and in your youtube video there where many rooms and the killing fan what happen to those..and the the secret room with gunss??

Bill Smauz
19 Feb 2008, 09:30pm
altogether , this map is the best designed out of all the maps ive every played. except the way you explained how the map wuz suppose to be like is not exactly how you designed it. And also zombies catch up to quickly.... you chould put more vechicles in our more escape routes that people can hold off the zombies... vents are nice but ct can not get anywhere if zombies have infected tram... and i think you should add some secret spots besides the disco room where you press eternal ring

and in your youtube video there where many rooms and the killing fan what happen to those..and the the secret room with gunss??

Yah later on I will be planning on releasing a Beta2

Some updates I am thinking about for Beta2:
1. Ability to swim to other side of tram tunnels
2. More vent paths
3. More defenses
4. Dancing GMAN, Zombie, Combine in secret room
5. Fix custom sounds
6. Give breakables more health
7. More ladders

Jewpiter
26 Feb 2008, 06:54am
Any admins here get a kick out of the party room when they noclip into it? lol!!
Sometimes I like to teleport AFK people into it and when they get back to the game their mind is completely blown!

As for the map; I don't like it, but I definitely don't hate it. My criticism should be taken lightly, as I would be content on playing nothing but boat escape and island escape 24/7. Incredible detail was put into this map and is probably one of the best designed escape maps out there. The one thing that really fucks me off about blackmesa is the last room you have to go through to get to the helicopter. Those boxes are SO hard to jump onto. I've been killed many times because I couldn't jump on them. The designer should make it a bit easier to jump on. Other than that its a work of art.

Biscuit
1 Mar 2008, 05:31am

lol thats maybe cuz u are a noob i had done the map so many times as human all what u need is 2 more teammates and thats it , if u are fast enough u can destroy the box holding the door so u gain around extra 15-20 seconds also if u close the lab door it illl give u another 20 second take the elevator so u have another extra 5-10 seconds because zombies will take around 5 -10 second on destroy and if the call the elevator will be 8 second for it to start coming down 3-4 second for it to get down and extra 8 second to go up, if u do this and if u and ur teammates are good enough u can win the map easy as human!!!

Italian Jew
1 Mar 2008, 10:08am
unless the zombie spawns in the lead...lol

*Queen VenomousFate*
1 Mar 2008, 02:18pm
The only problem i ever really see with this map is that zombie all to often spawn at the teleporter area. And then when that happens there is almost no way humans can win because as soon as the tram area door opens the zombies are already there waiting for them.
So the only thing i can say is that id like the tram/bridge way and the teleporter way to take more or less a similar amount of time so that it is more fair.