PDA

View Full Version : Ze_2012beta

mapper
2 Feb 2010, 11:22pm
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/2341/ze2012.png

Beta !

DOWNLOAD (http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/126230)

Needs noblock!

Total Time Spent on map to date:
Lost track. I'm sure it's lots of time.
It took 4 hours and 20 min to compile!(4 hours for vvis)

What is my map about?
Escaping from the zombies based on the movie 2012.

Completion Percentage?
This is the thirth beta! We are still going to release more version to balance the map.

Map By:
Mapper
Bob Loblaw
SG-Community

<fieldset>The story:
You begin in a bunker and you have to make your way to the city. Once in the city, dodge buildings, and others.
You'll have to walk in into a large building to get acces to the airplane. There are several alternatives and holdspots.
Once inside the plane, humans should go inside the cockpit, zombies inside the cargo.
A bit later, they will crash into a snow area and they will have to make their way to the sea where the ark is.
The ark is the final fight.

Suggestions are always welcome!</fieldset>

mNote
2 Feb 2010, 11:28pm
Cool, let me bother the BDs to add it right now.

DoubleSb
3 Feb 2010, 12:43am
Bad map.

2 Places where no block were needed, plane cargo, after that. Was that mercy's voice in the Cargo?

Elevator's too slow, basicly, bad open areas then forced into a building, no directions, it looked like another prop to me.

Loads of other bugs, CBA to list them.

mapper
3 Feb 2010, 04:14am
Bad map.

2 Places where no block were needed, plane cargo, after that. Was that mercy's voice in the Cargo?

Elevator's too slow, basicly, bad open areas then forced into a building, no directions, it looked like another prop to me.

Loads of other bugs, CBA to list them.
You could do the effort maybe if you say that its bad..
Now you just say its bad but with no proper arguments given.
Yup, that's the meaning. It needs to be noblock or it simply doesn't work.
Yup it was Mercy's voice. Elevator has to be so slow to balance it with the zombies.
That's also the point of the map.
We decided to let the people search where they have to go, not too many directions wich were given.
In overall that's your opnion.

Paul
3 Feb 2010, 04:46am
Bad map.

Its your opinion in all. But that was a pretty faggoty move after all the time and effort people have put into the map.

Trying the map out now on the serve, ill run it with noblock.

mapper
3 Feb 2010, 06:01am
I must say after a server restart with noblock, all props were in place again and It was much more fun to play.
People just need some more instructions at the plane and in the arc. Also the slow elevators in the beginning annoys people it seems.

Bob Loblaw
3 Feb 2010, 07:47am
Post suggestions. I wasn't there to play it, but hopefully I'll get to test it and see what I don't like about it myself. But when you make a map, you've built it from the ground so you know exactly what to do. That is why it seems so simple to whoever made the map, but it might still be confusing to others. So post that it needs some more direction and where.

There is still going to be a fair bit more testing, so instead of saying "bad map" really anything else is more helpful. Post what needs fixing. Anything, from big glitches, thing's that look ugly, mis-aligned textures, etc. If you CBA to post what needs fixing, then don't complain if it isn't fixed when we actually release the final map.

Prez
3 Feb 2010, 11:06am
I tried it, and it's pretty good. Yes, the lifts at the start are a little slow, but meh, you'll live still. Some textures aren't fitted correctly (either elevator button in apartment or on lifts, and windows in the arc overlap), just so you can check. In the lava floor, it seems that it's broken off near the end on the right. Not sure if it was a glitch, but meh. Also, when you're in the arc, the vent that you need to get to the gears is too strong, imo. I used a full m249 and elites on it, and it didn't break (not sure if this was meant to be like this?). Other than that, I think everything else was done well. When I was walking in the town, with the epic music playing, and the asteroid hit, I jizzed a little... jk :p Overall, very nice map guys. Well done.

Bob Loblaw
3 Feb 2010, 12:55pm
I tried it, and it's pretty good. Yes, the lifts at the start are a little slow, but meh, you'll live still. Some textures aren't fitted correctly (either elevator button in apartment or on lifts, and windows in the arc overlap), just so you can check. In the lava floor, it seems that it's broken off near the end on the right. Not sure if it was a glitch, but meh. Also, when you're in the arc, the vent that you need to get to the gears is too strong, imo. I used a full m249 and elites on it, and it didn't break (not sure if this was meant to be like this?). Other than that, I think everything else was done well. When I was walking in the town, with the epic music playing, and the asteroid hit, I jizzed a little... jk :p Overall, very nice map guys. Well done.

It is impossible to break before you destroy the cable jamming the gears. Well, theoretically not impossible, but has like 999999 health. Once you break it it drops to like 70 and can be broken in 2 hits. It's to prevent people from going in there and not doing the objective which would in turn screw over the teammates (since the doors close behind). We might make it so the doors will open up if the cables aren't broken in x amount of time.

Thanks for the suggestion. Will look into the buttons and try to make them nicer, as well as make the elevators faster.

Neji
3 Feb 2010, 01:47pm
GJ guys. Great map. Maybe you should add some secrets to it?

cjc153
3 Feb 2010, 03:55pm
Secrets are always nice. Sounds like an epic map, even though it has noblock.

Bob Loblaw
3 Feb 2010, 04:58pm
Secrets are always nice. Sounds like an epic map, even though it has noblock.

It won't in the longrun (hopefully). There are some key aspects that need noblock in order to physically function correctly. It isn't just annoying if there is block on the map, it actually fails the map (like the end, I made the vent high enough for nobody to get in, unless block is on and you get on heads).. So hopefully for final version/future testing there will be noblock.

cjc153
4 Feb 2010, 09:20pm
Just played it for the first time today, though didnt play too many rounds. Seems like an OK map, though kinda hard, which is fine by me (dont need anymore POTC clones). Unfortunately, the first round I played, i got glitched under elevator after zombie had spawned and so had to sit there for a while.

tucker
5 Feb 2010, 10:13pm
its cool, i mean its no lotr map of course, but overall its good, the only beef i had was it seemed to short and not enough holding defending to much running( its 80% running 20% holding/defense). I wish you had made it just a little longer or giving the humans more of a chance, i.e. when you're running to the elevator have a breakable door for the zombies when the get to the door to the apartments. because alot of humans get left behind because a douche bag presses the elevator button before most of the humans are in and a good amount that could defend the plane get zombified. when you get to the plane have steps not boxes. other that the map was really good

Prez
6 Feb 2010, 06:55am
From what you said about the vent door health, I have a question: How do you get to the gears room then? Do you have to scale the wall outside or something? I was confused on that part.

poca
6 Feb 2010, 07:39am
1. Do you guys not play elevator escape? These 2 maps have the same beginning and the same damn flaw. Humans break the gate, zombie spawns knifes humans and they arrive to the connecting room before the humans.
2. I agree with the post seems like 80% run 20% hold and shoot.( hold and shoot is more fun)
3. I haven't won the map yet after already playing it quite a few times. Are the humans supposed to hold where the 3 mini boxes are? We've been falling back and failing hard.

Bob Loblaw
6 Feb 2010, 11:37am
From what you said about the vent door health, I have a question: How do you get to the gears room then? Do you have to scale the wall outside or something? I was confused on that part.

Before you get on the arc you are supposed to send one person (or maybe 2) left, and they climb the cables and go across them into a little side vent to break what's jamming the gears, similar to how it happened in the movie, but first run through it isn't obvious, so we will probably explain what to do there more.

1. Do you guys not play elevator escape? These 2 maps have the same beginning and the same damn flaw. Humans break the gate, zombie spawns knifes humans and they arrive to the connecting room before the humans.
2. I agree with the post seems like 80% run 20% hold and shoot.( hold and shoot is more fun)
3. I haven't won the map yet after already playing it quite a few times. Are the humans supposed to hold where the 3 mini boxes are? We've been falling back and failing hard.

Expect lots of changes. Atm this map is pretty much impossible for humans, which is why will be changing it. It's also supposed to have noblock on it or the map doesn't function.
I'm not too sure why it was kept on the server, but we have a number of fixes, and once those are done we will be releasing a new beta to test out and search for new fixes.

So what do you suggest poca? (There will already be a few changes to the elevator section, but maybe we aren't thinking about what you would like to see, so post what you would like to see happen)

Lucid
6 Feb 2010, 11:58am
If you could fix the beginning, to keep it from being so zombie sided, that would be good.

Also, I can barely hear the narration.

Bob Loblaw
6 Feb 2010, 12:28pm
If you could fix the beginning, to keep it from being so zombie sided, that would be good.

Also, I can barely hear the narration.

Yeah. Narration will be going up, and the spawn will probably receive some changes.

Prez
6 Feb 2010, 05:36pm
Oh ok. I didn't see the cables at the arc, which is why I was so confused. Thanks for clearing it up.

Also I lol'd at the narration in the plane. It would be sick if you could make it so when you teleport to the snow area, there's a crashed plane in the distance, or at the bottom of the cliff. This is what happened in the movie, although it was just flames. :p

Movement
6 Feb 2010, 06:13pm
The part where you have to hold of to wait for the Arc to open the fences were a bad idea. The zombies could pretty much spread out through out the entire fence and knife the pipes. If the zombies break the pipes before the arc opens, the humans are fucked.

poca
7 Feb 2010, 05:20am
Before you get on the arc you are supposed to send one person (or maybe 2) left, and they climb the cables and go across them into a little side vent to break what's jamming the gears, similar to how it happened in the movie.

So what do you suggest poca?
ahha I never saw the movie =[. I'm biased towards two of my favorite maps, blackmesa and elevator escape. I think the funnest part of zombie mod is having to wait by a door and holding off for 10-20 seconds. aka
Right before the elevator in blackmesa, or in the ladder area at the end.
The 2nd set of elevators on elevator escape with the pop mahcines. The almost ending with the 2 different rooms , which sometimes have boxes. Then the end is even good takes alot of people all shooting from 1 side to win.
Maybe instead of taking the elevator right away. > Console message please hold 20 seconds, this lets most humans get in and provokes a fire fight against zombies.
PERFECT HOLD area would be in the snow when you have to jump thru the 2 windows. Make a little platform outside the 2nd one and makes the humans hold zombies in. Make sure you punish the humans that don't help and run away xD.
btw forgot to say in first post. Nice work on map, i know its hard to do. The graphics are awesome but the gameplay needs work GL.

EDIT: almost forgot the best endings are when you have to jump onto a moving vehicle and fend off zombies. I don't know if that would fit into your map though. (examples Jurrasic park redux and V2 or atix_helicopter. All maps can't be everything xD.

poca
7 Feb 2010, 05:22am
The part where you have to hold of to wait for the Arc to open the fences were a bad idea. The zombies could pretty much spread out through out the entire fence and knife the pipes. If the zombies break the pipes before the arc opens, the humans are fucked.
The zombies that spread out get shot off quickly by me! It also takes them more time to get back to the center jump up and go to the side again.

mapper
11 Feb 2010, 11:57pm
The next beta will be released today.
I'll edit this post in a few hours.

EDIT:

Nvm, we did some testing and decided to do some more things we wanted to fix.
I hope the next one comes this weekend.

instakill
12 Feb 2010, 10:20am
speed up elevator

AoS.Cameron
12 Feb 2010, 11:55am
I can't wait!

mapper
15 Feb 2010, 01:37am
UPDATED.
Newest version can be downloaded by clicking on this link or in my first post.
DOWNLOAD (http://www.filefront.com/15589981/ze_2012beta3.rar)

Ace™
15 Feb 2010, 09:05am
u sure know a hell lot of from maps editting dont u :P

mapper
17 Feb 2010, 02:26am
UPDATED.
Newest version can be downloaded by clicking on this link or in my first post.
DOWNLOAD (http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/126230)