PDA

View Full Version : Survival Horror

h4mx0r
18 Feb 2008, 08:10pm
So I've just begun on yet another mapping quest (hopefully this one I'll finish) and um...

So I've been on the napalm server, and I've asked around. Everytime I ask this question, I get a torrent of positive feedback on the idea. The idea is this: instead of buying guns, have a map where you need to seek out the guns.

I've already started on the map, and I'm wondering if there are any ideas or suggestions on how to keep it balanced and not just another rapefest.

Obviously I'll need to ensure there is an abundant source of weapons, so if the server gets full, everyone can get a gun (whether it's of value or not is another matter)

One question though: On the napalm server, do players automatically start with max ammo for all guns?

I also have a map that is currently frozen for the escape server. It's unrelated to this idea and I kind of lost interest in it since everyone is so anal about not shutting doors on other people. (As evidenced by all the frozen players in spacestation and nostromo)

EvInReaLife
19 Feb 2008, 05:13pm
To answer your question in short, no it isnt a very good idea to put weapons lying around the map.

This would make reloading unnecesary. If people ran out of ammo, they could just switch for one of the other weapons you have lying around, instead of reloading. This subtracts from the fun and desperate feeling of the napalm servers. Just make a buy zone. If you dont know how, pm me.

h4mx0r
19 Feb 2008, 05:52pm
That's under the assumption that I fill a single spot with more than 5 guns, and assuming only a single person is holding the spot.

You know that armory in zm_highschool? I've seen what you speak of, but eventually they were all empty, and he had to stick with one gun.

And I know how to make a buy zone thank you very much. I have like four or five maps that uh... are stagnating in my sdk folder. (I hate texture work)