PDA

View Full Version : State of the Union Responses

phoenixdan
31 Jan 2010, 12:00pm
Personally I'm a Libertarian. I follow politics very closely and I of course listened to Obama's first state of the union address. I'm very anti-Obama and such, but I was amazed at the quality of his address. It was one of the best state of the union addresses I've heard and I congratulate him for that. Do I agree with his policies that he presented in it? No, not very much. But I think it was a powerful state of the union and hope the next one is just as well-prepared. Any thoughts on Obama's first state of the union address?

Drox
31 Jan 2010, 01:22pm
I watched some of it, it was alright. You were amazed at the quality of it? If you watched his election run you would know he is pretty good at speeches, not so much on delivering what he says in those speeches tho. lol

b0red
31 Jan 2010, 01:54pm
Biden was acting like a bitch. Nodding every 4 seconds and going crazy clapping. He needs to get off obama's dick. OH and I love how mad the first lady got.

Toxin
31 Jan 2010, 02:12pm
Biden was acting like a bitch. Nodding every 4 seconds and going crazy clapping. He needs to get off obama's dick. OH and I love how mad the first lady got.

amen.

We'll see how it turns out, he made a lot of promises last year too, yet focused most of his attention on the Health Care Reform bill more than anything else.

Slavic
31 Jan 2010, 02:22pm

Better then the Cheney Scowl

Bad Dog
31 Jan 2010, 02:47pm
He didnt even touch health care until about 30 minutes in. Its all about jobs now. Cant really say much right now except for blind guessing so I'll wait before I shitbag anybody

Habibi
31 Jan 2010, 09:22pm
He didnt even touch health care until about 30 minutes in. Its all about jobs now. Cant really say much right now except for blind guessing so I'll wait before I shitbag anybody

money comes first, then people ;)

Desum
31 Jan 2010, 10:44pm
i love how he's still mentioning hope for a future even though he's well into his presidency now >.>

phoenixdan
1 Feb 2010, 05:40pm
i love how he's still mentioning hope for a future even though he's well into his presidency now >.>

agreed

Italian Jew
1 Feb 2010, 05:53pm

Trying to raise people's spirits? OMFG, what is he doing!?

Slavic
2 Feb 2010, 06:30am

1 year into a presidency is not "well' into his presidency. Most first terms are spent preparing to win a second term so he is hoping for 8 years, 1 year is just a touch of his administration.

And hope for the future pfft who needs that from our president. Gloom and doom is so much more comforting.

phoenixdan
3 Feb 2010, 06:36pm
Don't care about doom and gloom as long as I have CS:S, internet radio, and a huge case of various sodas. :)