PDA

View Full Version : The Huge Giant Map Ideas Thread!

Prez
25 Jan 2010, 02:55pm
Hey guys, thought I'd just make this thread for any mappers that have a "mapper's block" of sorts, and need help to get some ideas going.

The Huge Giant Map Ideas Thread!

Here's a possible scenario for you:

Mapper: Hey, what's up?
Friend: Not much you?
Mapper: Not much, making a map.
Friend: Oh cool! What's your map?
Mapper: I don't have any ideas yet.
Friend: Oh I see. Well what do you want ME to do about it?

Imagine you're the mapper. Really sucks to have no map ideas eh? I've been there, trust me. Don't worry, you'll get some ideas. But how?

Now imagine you're the friend. You hate to see that they don't have a map idea to express their awesomely leet skills. Well, what can you do about it, you ask? Fear not, little boy, because..

THE HUGE GIANT MAP IDEAS THREAD IS HERE!!!

Have an awesome idea for a map, but you can't map for crap? Heh, I made a rhyme. Am I cool yet?

Anyways, if you'd like someone to make a map with your idea, just post your idea in this template:

Idea for a Name: This is where you put an idea for the name of your map.
Type of Map: What type of map is it? Minigames? Deathrun? Other?
Size of Map: How big are you thinking the map should be?
What is it about?: What is your idea about?
Some Sketches: Where you can put some custom sketches of the map idea in question for the mappers.

Also, if you'd like someone to make a specific map for you, and you have a general idea on theme, textures, layout, etc, use this template:

Name of Map:
Type of Map:
Size of Map:
What is it about:
Custom Textures/Models:
Rough Sketches:
Preferred Maker: (IF THERE IS A SPECIFIC PERSON YOU'D LIKE TO MAKE THE MAP FOR YOU! IT CAN HELP TO PM THE PERSON IN QUESTION AS WELL.)

Also, guys, if you'd like to be put on this post as map makers, please PM me. This is a list of people you will be able to talk to about making a map for you. If you'd like some examples of their work, please contact them directly (this may change).

SteamGamers Mappers
President Shadow
Whazaaaaa
NeJi

More Coming Soon....

** AGAIN, IF YOU'D LIKE TO BE PUT ON THIS LIST, FEEL FREE TO PM ME. **

Thanks guys, and happy mapping!

-President Shadow

LunarKirby
25 Jan 2010, 11:56pm
OMG, I GET MAPPER'S BLOCK, but i'm also lazy.... @_@
So I need the inspiration to map.

Neji
26 Jan 2010, 08:15pm
Put me in the "STEAMGAMERS MAPPERS" :)

awesomebillfromdawsonvile
28 Jan 2010, 03:18am
rubix cube mini game map, GO!

Prez
28 Jan 2010, 11:28am
Mappers list updated.

iNorris
24 Mar 2010, 06:02pm
Name: Something clever that incorporates "volcano" and "death." I'm thinking volcano_death.
Type: I have absolutely no idea. It's not really a minigame map. More like deathmatch. Gimme a break.
Size: small-medium. Quick matches are what I'm going for, and a big map doesn't suit that.
Info: All the players spawn at the base of a volcano surrounded by lava. They have nothing but knives at the moment, but guns would be placed under rocks, in small caves, etc. The goal of the game is, obviously, to be the last man standing. To finish the game in a reasonable time and to flush hiding cowards, the lava surrounding the volcano would rise, forcing players to the peak, and thus, within easy firing distance. To make things interesting, rocks could fly out of the volcano using the same mechanism as smash maps.
Custom textures: I personally don't have any, but the lava texture from ze_LOTR_Mount_Doom is pretty good.
Sketches: My drawings would only distort my proposed image horribly.
Mapper: Someone competent, please.

Exacto-Be
25 Mar 2010, 10:50am
i have the incredible mapping skill to do everything as it should go but end up with errors i can not explain :lol:

my idea:
(1 of the many)

Idea for a Name: Ba_Forest

Type of Map: Prisonbreak

Size of Map: pretty big

What is it about?: as the name basicly says, it's a jail in a forest.
i'd make cells some kind of ruin & the main area is full of trees & green ... so it's hard for the ct's to get an overall view. However, to keep it fair, thereare some open fields.

i think it'd be great for the t's to actually be able to hide in the forest (which would give em some good chances to rape the ct's in the back)

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/6299/forestjail.jpg

edit: for some disco kinda thing, i think THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNKL22rpcr4&feature=PlayList&p=260D2C188EE8B2CE&index=0) should be fitting

HankTheTank
25 Mar 2010, 09:49pm
I actually wouldn't mind taking that / helping you take that on Exacto, That's not a terribly bad idea for a map. Could use a better name, though.

EDIT: This doesn't mean i want to be part of that list, it's just the fact that i would work on that with Exacto.

Exacto-Be
26 Mar 2010, 09:48am
I actually wouldn't mind taking that / helping you take that on Exacto, That's not a terribly bad idea for a map. Could use a better name, though.

EDIT: This doesn't mean i want to be part of that list, it's just the fact that i would work on that with Exacto.

i'm already busy on 2 other projects (which both tend to fail).

if u wan't to make this map, be my guest, change whatever u want on it :biggrin:

HankTheTank
27 Mar 2010, 12:04pm
i'm already busy on 2 other projects (which both tend to fail).

if u wan't to make this map, be my guest, change whatever u want on it :biggrin:

Hah, Alright. Thanks man. But what exactly is "The Arena"?

Methelod
27 Mar 2010, 02:43pm
Name: Dunno
Type: Trouble in Terrorist Town
Size of Map: Depends on the mapper
What is it about: A maze filled with traps that the traitors control, which the innocents have to go through and in the end if they innocents live they will be armed to the teeth while the traitors have not had the ability to pick up a gun, maybe not allow traitors not to enter the maze.

I know it might sound like a minigames map but it would lead to some interesting decisions on the traitors part, like how many traitors go to the control room and how many enter the maze. Anyone agree with this idea.

Exacto-Be
27 Mar 2010, 03:32pm
Hah, Alright. Thanks man. But what exactly is "The Arena"?

the arena would be some kind of theater/colloseum.
u can chose to make this some kind of disco or just another room.

http://members.home.nl/keesdebrouwer/images/grieken/Grieken%20-%20theater_02.jpg

struki
12 Apr 2010, 09:34pm
i wanna make ze map so bad,but i have no ideas...Someone has any?

Nasu
17 Apr 2010, 05:37am
Since I've just released the newest release of breakables, I want to start a new minigames map. Any ideas, anyone?

You could try to help with the zombie minigame map, or make one yourself.

Exacto-Be
25 May 2010, 02:21am
bump,

got an other idea for a pb-map i'd like to share.

it's something that will be hard to accomplish :toung:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ba_waterjail

The idea is actually a prison located on different islands, where every island has its own purpose. The islands would be in some dangerous waters that slowly kills (mean fishys).

the main way to move from island to island is by boat. (every boat has a ct and a t area).

there are 4 boats, every boat is set to go to 1 island and back only.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Islands:

1: spawn= here we have the cellblocks, & 2 armorys.
1 armory is easily breachable but only has handguns, the other is a real pain in the ass to breach (laser room) but has the real weapons.

2: soccer= well, a soccer field. there also is a tribune, where the supporters can sit to watch... but them damn hooligans have hidden a gun in there.

3: Disco= a nice party room, no guns but lot's of small area's & walls to hide behind.

4: Forest= hunting time, rednecks left u a gun, if u'r any good of a guerilla fighter this will be heaven.

5: Pool= since the sea kills u, u can't swim there very long, luckily this lovely pool is a good replacement. (can chose to either make this a pool or a lake).

T's or CT's will be able to call the boats from the docks, and aswell a T or CT can start the boat.

there will be a small escape boat on the 'forest' & 'soccer' jail ... this can contain 4 T's ... this will lead them back to the spawn zone where they can try & breach the armory.

at the 'disco' island u'll find an escape tunnel to the 'spawn' island.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/1445/bawaterjail.jpg

If any1 feels like making this map or a map based on these ideas, just say so.
I don't have time to make this map, so it's free for any1 to use.

starbucks
25 May 2010, 02:34am
whats about an map where you have to go in a highschool and escape from the zombies?

floffypus
25 May 2010, 02:46am
whats about an map where you have to go in a highschool and escape from the zombies?

why highschool. why not an police station??

starbucks
25 May 2010, 02:49am
why highschool. why not an police station??

good idea, but im already working on some maps.

The Kool Aid Man
4 Jul 2010, 01:55pm
Idea for a Name: Vending_Machines
Type of Map: ZE
Size of Map: depends
What is it about?: Its about escaping from a vending machine warehouse/factory gone out of control. itll be a rats style map. in the beginning you will be blown out of a vending machine and soon zombie will too. you will escape trough rat holes, climbing wires, and more.
Some Sketches: http://www.vintagevending.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/unrestored_soda_machines.jpg

EDIT: sry 4 da bump did see how old it was