PDA

View Full Version : ba_jail_smugglersinstinct

Jaceur
21 Jan 2010, 01:54pm
Total Time Spent on map to date
12 hours +

What is my map about

Bassically it is a jail of the future. However, the luxury drives people mad, they have to get out, some have tried with the help of some smugglers...

Completion Percentage?

50%

Current Map Plans/ What I will be doing

I plan to add football (i require help with that) and a disco (also if anybody could help with that). Then i will add a pool, secrets and my legendary slide.

Screenshots

Provided in FPSB WIP

Link to FPSB WIP

http://www.fpsbanana.com/wips/35260

Programs Im using

Photoshop
Hammer
VTFedit

Map By

Good old me

Just as a side note
I need 3 beta testers, and some help with the map...anyone up for it?

NIKO
21 Jan 2010, 02:28pm
hOW CAN I HELP?

Dirty Sanchez
21 Jan 2010, 02:44pm
I'll beta test it.

Jaceur
21 Jan 2010, 02:46pm
Are you a good mapper bewbs and ok dirty sanchez

P3rg3
21 Jan 2010, 03:04pm
If you need another testing person let me know mate.

Jaceur
21 Jan 2010, 03:05pm
ok can you test still 2 slots left open

Jaceur
21 Jan 2010, 03:14pm
perge is a g33zer so he can :P

Bob Loblaw
21 Jan 2010, 08:38pm
I don't really have incentive to make anything myself, but I can help you make it, if that's what you don't know how to do and require help on.

Well it actually depends what you want. Both disco and football are pretty easy to make if you just want something basic.

Jaceur
22 Jan 2010, 12:41am
I want really a disco with decent dance/techno/popular music...I also would like a volume controller so it can be turned up and down...and one last thing, i would like it so when the dj gets in only he can open it again. Thanks ;)

Bob Loblaw
22 Jan 2010, 09:05am
Okay I had some time, and I made the prefab for what you asked. Ill post the dl link to the vmf, and explain what you have to do with what I made during english class (I g2g to school now and don't have time to explain right now). So explanation will be posted in ~2 hours.

http://www.filefront.com/15403983/dj.vmf

Ok so... I don't know how much you know about mapping, but if you don't know a lot I don't recommend you changing much. Obviously changing the textures is fine (and preferred, because I didn't exactly put effort into it, nor do I know what your map already looks like, but don't change inputs/outputs or it may not work anymore.

Move the dashboard, or just the buttons and volume name to wherever you want, and the door/button where you want. Make sure to move handles and the button/prop if/when you do move it. If you want the sound to be louder, duplicate the sound and move them to wherever you want.

For sound, make sure you change which sound it is to the disco song you want.

I think I forgot to func_detail the word volume, so do that, but don't change any other entities. And yeah it should work as you wanted it to.
Any questions just ask.

Make sure not to alter the logic_cases or math_counters unless you know what you're doing.

Jaceur
22 Jan 2010, 02:21pm
Thanks dude, i will be sure to credit you

P3rg3
1 Feb 2010, 08:38pm
The big cage is nice, but its just a boring cage.
Maybe put some boxes in there, perhaps a vent? (or did I miss it?)

One hallway leads to nothing?

Next to the boxing ring is a small glitch which makes you unable to walk there.
And how do I enter the boxing ring?

Maybe some light in the DJ area, its too dark.

Overall its a nice map, but it looks a bit boring, and I'm talking about the textures.
Maybe you could spice those up a bit?

Nice job so far!

Jaceur
3 Feb 2010, 12:32am
Its meant to look like that cause its ment to be luxurious colours :) But yeh i will take those comments in mind

P3rg3
3 Feb 2010, 02:35am
Its meant to look like that cause its ment to be luxurious colours :) But yeh i will take those comments in mind

Ah, I see. :)

Keep me updated and let me know if you need my help again.