20 Jan 2010, 01:53pm
Is anyone gunna buy it?

turbodaze
20 Jan 2010, 01:58pm
it will be a great game i think

Red
20 Jan 2010, 02:37pm
If they have coop then yes.

I loved coop against bots in the original (not AVP2).

Suri
20 Jan 2010, 02:38pm

I believe they will have it.

I been watching this game for a while now, but I have come to the point of wanting to play a demo first. Ben burned allot on games in the past few years.

Lefty
20 Jan 2010, 02:57pm
the online gameplay for this game will be beast

The Baltimore Ravens
20 Jan 2010, 03:10pm
it looks pretty sick

Itch
20 Jan 2010, 03:16pm
I loved the original.
2 had a few fun moments. (loved alien life cycle where you spawned as a headcrab and then after your first kill had to eat your way out of the body.

Sexy Fish
20 Jan 2010, 03:16pm
Only thing that I'm worried about is that they made Rogue Warrior..and as horrible as that game was...I have somewhat good feelings for this game :toung:

dobby985
20 Jan 2010, 04:13pm
yeah but not sure what platform to get it on

Psyche
20 Jan 2010, 04:18pm

From what I can tell, it will have coop that is almost identical to that of the oder AvP games.

Suri
20 Jan 2010, 04:26pm
Only thing that I'm worried about is that they made Rogue Warrior..and as horrible as that game was...I have somewhat good feelings for this game :toung:

This is one of the reasons I want to play a Demo first. The game comes out in a few weeks. Hoping to see a demo soon.

Mercy
20 Jan 2010, 05:02pm
yeah but not sure what platform to get it on

computer.. its an fps, unless u a loser and wanna get game points on a console than get it for a console lol

Bad Dog
20 Jan 2010, 11:48pm
I like the three different gameplay styles idea.
Plus being a fan of stealth games I cant wait to try out predator and alien campaigns.
And plus the pulse rifle is just beastly

ckw
21 Jan 2010, 01:28am
im not sure, thouht it would be better, and hope that it will be better than the trailer shows:P

Suri
21 Jan 2010, 07:50pm
Looks like they will have Dedi support for PC. So I say we get a server up and running for this on day 1. If we jump on it when it comes out we can get allot of traffic to the server and community.

I will be buying this game so I will be able to help the server. We need to branch out:)

Red
22 Jan 2010, 09:30am
From what I can tell, it will have coop that is almost identical to that of the oder AvP games.

i so hope it will

Gundude54
23 Jan 2010, 09:25pm
The Online is going to be AMAZING

Cait Sithz
26 Jan 2010, 06:17am
From the looks of it the game actually looks like a remake from the first :S hmmm

Italian Jew
26 Jan 2010, 08:42am
From the looks of it the game actually looks like a remake from the first :S hmmm

Barring the obvious observation that it is AvP and there isn't much beyond some Colonial Marines trying to survive against Aliens which are both being hunted by Predators in any storyline they could come up with, there are different locations than in the first one. The outdoors section with trees resembles more of the second game, but it is very different seeing as there seems to be a damn temple of some sort as well.

Ultramarine
4 Feb 2010, 11:38am
Sorry if im bumping this thread, i went onto the steam store, decided to go dl that AVP demo. i get to the page for it, and i click install... nothing happens. Click again, no dice. Anyone know why the demo wont dl / install?

The Baltimore Ravens
4 Feb 2010, 12:51pm
Sorry if im bumping this thread, i went onto the steam store, decided to go dl that AVP demo. i get to the page for it, and i click install... nothing happens. Click again, no dice. Anyone know why the demo wont dl / install?

restart steam

Cait Sithz
4 Feb 2010, 01:06pm
The Demo is good but i think he extra modes will be fun to play like infestation :)

Nasu
4 Feb 2010, 01:36pm
Downloading it now, but I gotta go to bed :(

Suri
4 Feb 2010, 01:58pm
I could not get into a server last night:(

Sexy Fish
4 Feb 2010, 03:19pm
From my time with the demo..it felt alot more dumbed down than the older games...though it was a demo. Still not satisfied...I'll wait for reviews.

Suri
4 Feb 2010, 04:00pm
Ok I got into a game, and it made me be a Pred. How the heck do you play the pred. I sucked and could not do anything.

Dusty
4 Feb 2010, 08:37pm
Wow, almost 10 minutes to join a server, and everyone is breathing down into their mics. Worse than MW2's P2P system. And there was no mic queue, it was on all the time.

Italian Jew
4 Feb 2010, 08:41pm
I hope it can run on my laptop. There was no problem playing as the Marine or Predator on the 360, but as the Alien, it was the biggest chore to try and control yourself on the walls and jump at the same time. If I can't play comfortably as my favorite species, woe is me.

The multiplayer demo was pretty good. It was pretty cool how you could break out of another player's grips, steal grip kills, save someone's ass that was in a grip, and just plain ol' grip kill. There were at least multiple varieties for the Alien (only played one round as Pred and didn't really get to do but two of the same grip kills). I didn't try and see if there were any for the Marine, but I did manage to break out of some as all 3 species.

It was very well balanced and for the 8 game deathmatch, it pitted 4 Aliens, 2 Marines, and 2 Predators against each other. Hopefully they will hand out the Co-Op mode or other MP varieties for us to try.

One thing that did bug me as an Alien was that I couldn't charge up/prep my tail attack as you could do in the earlier two games.

It isn't a completely finished product, but it is a great step for the franchise.

Can't wait to be romping around as a bug again. :D

Crimson
4 Feb 2010, 08:58pm
I hate the voice system, it's extremely gay.

Nasu
5 Feb 2010, 01:10pm
The demo was not what I was expecting, but I never had too high hopes :(.

It left me disappointed

The Baltimore Ravens
5 Feb 2010, 01:46pm
From my time with the demo..it felt alot more dumbed down than the older games...though it was a demo. Still not satisfied...I'll wait for reviews.

dumbed down? are you shitting me? I mean once you get it its fun, but its very hard to learn all the controls

Mercy
5 Feb 2010, 03:41pm
i feel bad for whoever spent money on this

Psyche
5 Feb 2010, 04:11pm
As soon as you configure and learn how to play its fun as hell. Predator with mines = OP

cjc153
5 Feb 2010, 04:12pm
My friend is obsessed with this game and is telling me to get it. You guys dont seem to like it much though.

Mercy
5 Feb 2010, 08:50pm
My friend is obsessed with this game and is telling me to get it. You guys dont seem to like it much though.

look at the company that developed the game and look at their history, if you want to take the risk, its up to you

Italian Jew
5 Feb 2010, 09:38pm
look at the company that developed the game and look at their history, if you want to take the risk, its up to you

They made the first one and it was pretty damn good. They've also done a pretty good job with this one as well. Whatever else their screw ups may be, they can handle AvP well.

Nasu
6 Feb 2010, 10:21am
Deathmatch is heavily unbalanced, both Predators and Aliens have auto-aim(sort of), but humans don't.
And the crosshair on humans is absolutely terrible, you can't see shit through it. And the guns have high recoil. And the only guns worth picking are in a very hard place. And hitting an alien is very hard. And so on.....

The Baltimore Ravens
6 Feb 2010, 10:32am
Deathmatch is heavily unbalanced, both Predators and Aliens have auto-aim(sort of), but humans don't.
And the crosshair on humans is absolutely terrible, you can't see shit through it. And the guns have high recoil. And the only guns worth picking are in a very hard place. And hitting an alien is very hard. And so on.....

yes but guess who always wins the deathmatches? its the humans because they have guns

Italian Jew
6 Feb 2010, 12:54pm
yes but guess who always wins the deathmatches? its the humans because they have guns

I was an alien and beat everyone. I beat a Marine and Predator by one or two kills, but I knew how to play the part.

Deathmatch is very balanced. There are only 2 Predators and 2 Marines. The Alien is fast as hell and very maneuverable, but it is weak. Humans are in the middle and have a variety of weapons (including Smartgun and Flamethrower, very good weapons). Predators have very good health, but rely too heavily on their auto-weapons. For instance, if they get cornered or attacked by multiple targets at multiple angles, Predators have a tough time in closed quarters.

You have to know how to play as each because having the alien hard to hit is necessary as it doesn't take much to kill it. Each species has its own strategies, so if you've played an earlier game, you would know what you're doing. Don't blame the game because you don't know how to play it.

The Baltimore Ravens
6 Feb 2010, 02:13pm
I was an alien and beat everyone. I beat a Marine and Predator by one or two kills, but I knew how to play the part.

Deathmatch is very balanced. There are only 2 Predators and 2 Marines. The Alien is fast as hell and very maneuverable, but it is weak. Humans are in the middle and have a variety of weapons (including Smartgun and Flamethrower, very good weapons). Predators have very good health, but rely too heavily on their auto-weapons. For instance, if they get cornered or attacked by multiple targets at multiple angles, Predators have a tough time in closed quarters.

You have to know how to play as each because having the alien hard to hit is necessary as it doesn't take much to kill it. Each species has its own strategies, so if you've played an earlier game, you would know what you're doing. Don't blame the game because you don't know how to play it.

im a predator all the wayyy

Jake
6 Feb 2010, 03:17pm
I am :D

instakill
6 Feb 2010, 04:06pm
i will

djschaum520
9 Feb 2010, 04:20pm
The demo didn't appeal to me, but its a demo XD. I'll still get it because survival, predator hunt, and infestation are ftw!

Lordcrazy
12 Feb 2010, 09:00am
I played the demo and it was fun but I suck at everything but the marines -_-. It was fun, the Predator was fun to play as but the Alien was not very fun considering you had to be really good at moving between walls... Otherwise it was good.

RaDiuM
12 Feb 2010, 10:21am
I pre-ordered it a few days ago to play with some friends from school. Will be good.

Elleon
17 Feb 2010, 12:53am
I haven't played anything decent with Aliens Vs Predators since the older arcade version. I haven't seen or heard anything about this one either though, but apparently you guys seem to think it has some potential.

I will have to check it out depending on the score it gets. I don't get my hopes up anymore.

Kappa The 3rd
17 Feb 2010, 01:37am
ive talked to roughly 6-8 ppl tonight that bought it and played it, the only good race is alien, they have a attack from behind which is 1hit kill, to stealthy and quick, and teams are usually lopsided for aliens, they say only way for humans to win is sit with their backs in a corner and use their motion detectors to kill shit.

they also say predator is cool, but its not powerful enough to kill aliens or humans easily

ill still probably buy it since id assume the company will release a patch to fix the imbalances

VirDeBello
22 Feb 2010, 11:23am
So any body have a good honest review on this game? Its being shipped over to me right now for the 360.

High
22 Feb 2010, 12:19pm
Its Pretty solid. Each campaign has something different as its 1 story from 3 points of view. The Human story plays out like a survival horror game, Alien Campaign Plays out like a metal gear stealth game, And so does the predator to a point. The IntraSpecies Team deathmatch makes it quite funny when you are allied with both aliens and predators. A good team can lure opponents into a trap quite easily.

Not the best game ever but a solid 8 outta 10.

Morningafter
22 Feb 2010, 08:10pm
Its Pretty solid. Each campaign has something different as its 1 story from 3 points of view. The Human story plays out like a survival horror game, Alien Campaign Plays out like a metal gear stealth game, And so does the predator to a point. The IntraSpecies Team deathmatch makes it quite funny when you are allied with both aliens and predators. A good team can lure opponents into a trap quite easily.

Not the best game ever but a solid 8 outta 10.

That pretty much sums it out......I really do enjoy the game....campaign was fun in the beg for each one....than it got tedious.

For multiplayer..aliens really arent that lopsided.......I love to play as human...which says alot in terms of balance.

Kappa The 3rd
22 Feb 2010, 10:21pm
hmmm maybe i will buy it then