AFC Championship Game
-------
New York Jets @ Indianapolis Colts

NFC Championship Game
-------
Minnesota Vikings @ New Orleans Saints

MY PREDICTIONS
--------------------

AFC Champ: I think this game has the potential to be very interesting or a complete blowout. I think it all depends on how good the Jets defensive line can get pressure on Manning. If the Jets can get there run game going then I think they have a good shot at pulling off the huge upset. Nobody gave this team a chance last weekend and they shocked everyone. The Jets may not look pretty during the game, but the defense has been excellent and the offense has done just enough. If they can force Manning into a few mistakes, this could be a great game. However, I think the Colts are just too talented on both sides of the ball to lose this game at home. Revis can't cover both Wayne and Clark and one of them is bound to put up solid numbers. Or maybe someone like Garcon can come up huge.

Colts - 27
Jets - 10

NFC Champ: This game is really intriguing... the new "America's Team" vs. Brett Favre's Journey back to the SB. This is the game everyone expected when the playoffs started and this is what we got. Both have very good offenses and both have solid defenses. I think the home field advantage is going to pay off huge dividends for the Saints. I give the edge to the Vikings in terms of playoff experience, especially in Favre's case. It'll be interesting to see who the Saints pays attention too. The Cowboys really focused on AP and Favre lit the Cowboys secondary up for 4 TD's. If they pay too much attention to the pass game though and don't put people in the box to stop AP, then he will definitely hurt them there. Drew Brees will have to have another great game and the running game of Bell, Thomas, and Bush will have to do enough to keep the Vikings D in check. I think this game will be a back in forth battle with the Vikings and Favre heading to Miami.

Vikings - 34
Saints - 30

Drox
19 Jan 2010, 01:11pm
Colts win AFC without a doubt in my mind.

Saints and Vikings game will be the game to watch imo, just because it would be nice to see if the Vikings can pull it off even tho Saints look like the better team.

GrayFox
19 Jan 2010, 06:59pm
Saints > Vikings. If Bret Favre wins..........

Noobster
20 Jan 2010, 04:38am
LETS GO JETS! Yah thats not gonna happen lmao. But I want the vikings to get it this year.

raven maniac
20 Jan 2010, 04:55am
colts > jets
saints > vikings

Saints win SuperBowl by 14+ pts.

The Baltimore Ravens
21 Jan 2010, 01:02pm
colts > jets
saints > vikings

stay with purple, i want vikes to win it all.

raven maniac
22 Jan 2010, 12:25pm
stay with purple, i want vikes to win it all.

I don't like Favre though, he's an old attention whore that needs to retire already lol. I hope someone hits him hard enough to break his hip so I don't have to hear: Favre retiring in offseason, Favre MIGHT PLAY!!!, Favre not playing, and then 2 weeks before preseason FAVRE JOINS NEW TEAM!!! lol.

Supa
22 Jan 2010, 12:48pm
I don't like Favre though, he's an old attention whore that needs to retire already lol. I hope someone hits him hard enough to break his hip so I don't have to hear: Favre retiring in offseason, Favre MIGHT PLAY!!!, Favre not playing, and then 2 weeks before preseason FAVRE JOINS NEW TEAM!!! lol.

It's funny how a guy that was respected by a majority of NFL and sports fans is now not so loved. I actually enjoy watching him play, but despise the guy now. I want the Vikings to win and him to fail uber hard in the Super Bowl.

The Baltimore Ravens
22 Jan 2010, 03:17pm

well i dont care much for farve he needs to retire

Drox
22 Jan 2010, 03:45pm
It's funny how a guy that was respected by a majority of NFL and sports fans is now not so loved. I actually enjoy watching him play, but despise the guy now. I want the Vikings to win and him to fail uber hard in the Super Bowl.

Farve is a all-time great player of the sport and its one of the reasons I'd like to see them upset the Saints then also get a shot at the super bowl win.

Vivian556
22 Jan 2010, 04:02pm
Dem Vikings are gunna win ;D

Supa
22 Jan 2010, 04:41pm
Farve is a all-time great player of the sport and its one of the reasons I'd like to see them upset the Saints then also get a shot at the super bowl win.

There is no question about it. Favre is definitely a great NFL player, first ballot HoFer. The guy just has poor character.

Drox
22 Jan 2010, 04:49pm
There is no question about it. Favre is definitely a great NFL player, first ballot HoFer. The guy just has poor character.

I think he has great character and is a great teammate from what I see.

Italian Jew
22 Jan 2010, 05:06pm
I think he has great character and is a great teammate from what I see.

He's great with other players and people he favors.

When teams and coaches don't see eye to eye with him, he throws a temper tantrum every now and then.

Just keep him on your good side and he displays his good side.

The Baltimore Ravens
22 Jan 2010, 05:58pm
he just likes slaping butts a little too much for me

My Fucking iPod
22 Jan 2010, 07:16pm
if the jets won, its gonna be the most shitty superbowl ever vs vikings/saints. sorry jets fan i like the jets too

GrayFox
24 Jan 2010, 08:20pm
Saints win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drox
24 Jan 2010, 08:22pm
Disappointing yet predictable, just like Colts winning the Super Bowl in 2 weeks.

Trogdor
24 Jan 2010, 08:26pm
That 12-yard pass on 3rd and 14 was bullshit. It was obviously an incomplete pass, but cmon now, there has to be some hometown calls.

Italian Jew
24 Jan 2010, 08:28pm
That 12-yard pass on 3rd and 14 was bullshit. It was obviously an incomplete pass, but cmon now, there has to be some hometown calls.

um...no

Not enough visual evidence to overturn it as his hand looked like it was underneath the ball. There was no conclusive evidence to the contrary.

QQ

Drox
24 Jan 2010, 08:32pm

There were alot of bads calls on both teams, it happens but the Vikings dug their own grave with how many dumb turnovers they did. If they didnt make half of those turnovers they would probably have had a 2 score lead atleast by the end of the game. Not to mention that last INT farve threw in the final seconds of regular play when they were so close to scoring and winning.

Trogdor
24 Jan 2010, 08:43pm
um...no

Not enough visual evidence to overturn it as his hand looked like it was underneath the ball. There was no conclusive evidence to the contrary.

QQ

He didn't have control off the ball going down and the ball touched the ground. I thought that was enough to overturn it. Also, I don't care for the Saints or the Vikings so this is hardly "QQ" I just disagree with the ruling, but that doesn't matter does it?

I was mainly going for the Vikings because I think they would put up a better fight against the Colts. The Saints were outplayed on both sides of the field, imo. I felt that the Vikings gave it away with stupid turnovers and Brett's signature interception.

Again, all of this is in my opinion so I guess I'm "QQ'ing"

Italian Jew
24 Jan 2010, 08:48pm
He didn't have control off the ball going down and the ball touched the ground. I thought that was enough to overturn it. Also, I don't care for the Saints or the Vikings so this is hardly "QQ" I just disagree with the ruling, but that doesn't matter does it?

Again, his hand was between the ball an the ground in the angles presented. There was no CONCLUSIVE footage that showed the ball in contact with the ground (the ball moved, but his hand was under it possibly preventing an incompletion). The original ruling was a completion, so unless you have some hidden footage that clearly shows that his hand was not preventing the ball from hitting the ground at precisely the right angle, you are just spouting nonsense that ignores the procedure of reviewing a play.

You also seem to be bringing up only one seemingly controversial call while ignoring others, but that doesn't matter, does it?

Trogdor
24 Jan 2010, 08:51pm
Again, his hand was between the ball an the ground in the angles presented. There was no CONCLUSIVE footage that showed the ball in contact with the ground (the ball moved, but his hand was under it possibly preventing an incompletion). The original ruling was a completion, so unless you have some hidden footage that clearly shows that his hand was not preventing the ball from hitting the ground at precisely the right angle, you are just spouting nonsense that ignores the procedure of reviewing a play.

You also seem to be bringing up only one seemingly controversial call while ignoring others, but that doesn't matter, does it?

When I saw it, it looked like it was obvious that it hit the ground. If I saw it again I might think differently.

And no, it doesn't matter. Neither does the play that we are talking about because it's over and done.

raven maniac
24 Jan 2010, 10:39pm
was an easy call, both teams played amazing in the regular season and now we watch the 2 top teams of this year in superbowl and it's going to be a good one.

I stick with my pred though, saints win by 17.

Bald
24 Jan 2010, 10:47pm
colts > jets
saints > vikings

I think we got us a winner so far.

Itch
25 Jan 2010, 07:15am
As a Vikings fan I was very frustrated last night.

That aside the "Better Team" didn't win. The Vikings are the better team. They lost the game the Saints didn't win it. Multiple fumbles, and stupid turnovers are what lost the game. AP a guy who rarely drops the ball, does what.. that's right.. drops the ball. The hand-off that should have been a TD lost the game for them. Favre's interception lost the game for them. Examples of what.. Not the Saints winning the game, but the Vikings losing the game.

On another note...
I don't see why the media has been referring to the Saints as "America's Team"?
Because the gulf coast was hit by a natural disaster a few years back? WTF does that have to do with football? Every interaction I have had to date with a "True Saints fan" has been one where the lack of rational thought was missing. If you liked them before Katrina, great. If you liked them because they have been playing well, great. If you've jumped on the "they are America's Team" bandwagon, kindly go fuck yourself.

/rant

Noobster
25 Jan 2010, 08:00am
Too many turnovers and penalties for the vikings. GG saints.

Italian Jew
25 Jan 2010, 12:28pm
As a Vikings fan I was very frustrated last night.

That aside the "Better Team" didn't win. The Vikings are the better team. They lost the game the Saints didn't win it. Multiple fumbles, and stupid turnovers are what lost the game. AP a guy who rarely drops the ball, does what.. that's right.. drops the ball. The hand-off that should have been a TD lost the game for them. Favre's interception lost the game for them. Examples of what.. Not the Saints winning the game, but the Vikings losing the game.

On another note...
Because the gulf coast was hit by a natural disaster a few years back? WTF does that have to do with football? Every interaction I have had to date with a "True Saints fan" has been one where the lack of rational thought was missing. If you liked them before Katrina, great. If you liked them because they have been playing well, great. If you've jumped on the "they are America's Team" bandwagon, kindly go fuck yourself.

/rant

The Saints players caused the turnovers (short of Favre's interception and the screwed handoff). Peterson has been known to drop the ball more frequently than your average RB.

Also, it's not like the Saints didn't give the Vikings opportunities. They came up big when they needed to by causing the turnovers while the Vikings could have played up to their pedigree. If they were the "better" team as you say, then they wouldn't make stupid mistakes and let the Saints make the big plays.

The Saints have to score points to win the game. The Vikings tried everything they could to stop them and the simple fact is that they failed to stop the Saints from beating them. The Saints played exactly like they were supposed to, by eliminating stupid mistakes while causing the other team to make some ( or at least capitalizing on mistakes better than the other team).

A stable team that plays solid football and performs when it needs to is better than a seemingly dominant team that doesn't play at the same level through the entire game. Their mistakes helped to lose the game, but the Saints won the game by scoring when they needed to and not settling for anything other than the W.

I will agree with the America's team BS though. The Saints haven't done enough or have enough fans to earn that title.

Drox
25 Jan 2010, 03:00pm
On another note...

/rant

Couldnt agree more with this statement.