PDA

View Full Version : pb_abfd_chadelam_b01

awesomebillfromdawsonvile
18 Jan 2010, 06:17pm
On and off over the past year i have been working on this prison break map. Finally im a day or 2 from completion, and i wanted to share these pics/info and try to get a bit of feed back from everyone.

Map features:

+Security system that can tell the cts what parts of the map have ppl in them.

+Vents have a security feature that when activated floods them with an invisible gas that kills all bugs, rodents, ts, cts, and anything else that happens to be in there.

+working arcade

+working high/low card game

+church with last request alter

+working sweat shop style prison factory

+disco, knife fight pit, soccer, weight room, and more!

As you can see, a few key features are there to help cts keep track of the ts, as well as prevent the last ct or t from camping the round out. In fact camping in general should be a little bit harder on this level, and vent campers will be running the risk of getting gassed, be they t or ct.

19 Jan 2010, 12:15am
moar pics

Bob Loblaw
20 Jan 2010, 08:15am
Looks good dude! Wish I still played pb so I could tell you how it is. But it looks nice and I'm sure it plays well. Which is more than I can say about....... Just about every other map in pb :P

20 Jan 2010, 07:12pm
Yeah the other pb maps started to hurt my brain, so I stopped playing and started work on this =).

Solstice
22 Jan 2010, 09:14pm
Sweet job on this map, looks like you've got several different sections, lighting and everything down. Was wondering whether you ended up needing to do any extrenuous optimization procedures like portals or hints or anything like that?

Again nice job on this. :clap:

22 Jan 2010, 09:51pm
one more pic as an example.

Bob Loblaw
23 Jan 2010, 01:14am
Honestly, when this map gets added to the server and the server is on this map call me in so I can play it. It looks amazing dude. Good work.

Also @ sol, PB maps aren't usually large enough to require heavy optimization. Not that it'd be a bad idea to do it anyways..

AoS.Cameron
28 Jan 2010, 04:17pm
This map looks nice! The only bad thing though is that not many maps use the prefix pb_, so I would recommend using jb_ or ba_jail. I'm just suggesting this, you don't need to do it :P.

Ares018
30 Jan 2010, 08:13am
This map looks really good! From the pics I give it a 5 out of 5.

2 Feb 2010, 06:38pm
thanks for the input everyone! I put this map under the map suggetions topic under the name ba_chadelam_akathepit_b1. Im sure once the fast dl servers are fixed it will get a run on the server! but im also sure that it would not hurt to go there http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30007 and give it a lil love :wink: thanks!