PDA

View Full Version : A sort of "GTA" server?

Prez
17 Jan 2010, 12:18am
It might be impractical, but I think it would be cool.

Basically like a HL2DM RPG server, except you get cars as well. You can also buy weapons and houses, and make money by doing jobs, robbing banks, or we can have the pay by the minute thing.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=78380 for the hl2dm plugin.

Just noticed that it is meant for sourcemod. Is that still okay?

I think this would be a great idea if possible.

awesomebillfromdawsonvile
21 Jan 2010, 03:24pm
i was really struggling to make a prisonbreak map like this, with jobs the ts could do in exchange for grenades with money attached to them. they could then take these nades, and toss them at a store clerk who would then give them a chance to buy somthing.

The ts could also go to seedy alley ways and exchange their money nades for guns. The overall feel of this level was going to be more of an nazi occupied town, with the cts watching over the ts daily work, and making sure that they dont break the law.

I was even going to add a day nite system, with idea being that ts should be in their homes at nite, or risk being shot, or sent to the small jail in the corner of the map.

I know this all sounds very crazy, but the only reason I stopped work on this is for tech reasons, as i became very unsure as to wether or not parenting things to guns crashes the sg servers. If i could get solid info on this, then i could resume my work on this crazy map.
also, i still need to learn how to empty out guns all the way, so that they spawn with no ammo in the chamber or clip.

Phonicz
21 Jan 2010, 03:30pm
I sounds like you would like to play sims, except no guns in sims

22 Jan 2010, 01:32am
I sounds like you would like to play sims, except no guns in sims

ever play the gta online mod, with crazy bobs cops and robbers server? Thats what he really wants to play, and i would really like to see a cs mod like it. Crazy bobs server is done with mostly scripting and has a bad ass, cops vs crook system thats unlike anything else, and it fucking blows any sims crap away.

If they can do all that with just scripting, then it reasons to say that somthing like this could be created for css, with a combo of scripting, creative mapping and the honor system (ie. prison break style rules, where the players govern themselves as opposed to having the game do it for them). You can really do alot with the source engine, its just knowing how to go about it.

All that being said, Im down like a clown to make maps for something like this! The hard part is finding talented scripters who are up for the challenge, and finding a server to run it on.

Crimson
23 Jan 2010, 10:04pm
I remember Matt always pushed for a RP Gmod server, I'm unsure if it was ever put into play.

Morningafter
23 Jan 2010, 11:04pm
Wow this really sounds appealing......really would love to see this in the works

28 Jan 2010, 03:11am
rp gmod server huh? what like a cops and robbers style kinda thing? that sounds like it has promise.

Cromyth
28 Jan 2010, 04:21am
I used to play that mod all the time on HL2DM, got boring after a while.

mNote
30 Jan 2010, 06:31pm
I'm interested.

Suri
30 Jan 2010, 08:41pm
This does sound like it could be cool. I would say find a server that has this running and see if it's any good.

But I would play on something like this if it worked like it says it does.

Prez
30 Jan 2010, 10:18pm
Wow, I hardly remember this topic. :p

Sweet that you're interested guys. I can't code for crap, but I think that the HL2DM Mod is able to be reworked into being compatible with CS:S, or we can do RP GMod. I used to play RP on hl2dm all the time too (IWU clan :p), and it rocked. I'd love to have it as a steamgamers hosted servertype too.

b0red
30 Jan 2010, 11:22pm
I would rather it be GMOD instead of HL2DM.

2 Feb 2010, 06:40pm
i dont care how its presented just make it happen for sg!

Hotshot
2 Feb 2010, 07:08pm
This would be best done on Gmod. Darkrp is a highly customisable gamemode. Put it along with some custom scripts etc and it would be perfect.

There are loads of other RP gamemodes that can be customised.

kool
11 Feb 2010, 08:46pm
I've played RP on GMod before, but I found it very confusing, if you guys do make one for GMod though, make sure someone has a tutorial up for noobs like me :)

Sanctuary
28 Feb 2010, 08:44am
rp gmod server huh? what like a cops and robbers style kinda thing? that sounds like it has promise.

You never played one? Is so fun but almost all of them at the moment are german so i dont understand so i stop playing.

Jazzyy
1 Mar 2010, 02:53pm

believe me, sa-mp and MTA RP are much more classy than shitty gmod rp, gmod rp is insta-deathmatch.

I'd rather see a push for Grand Theft Auto San Andreas servers, they have a lot of fun.

Dracula
1 Mar 2010, 03:00pm
believe me, sa-mp and MTA RP are much more classy than shitty gmod rp, gmod rp is insta-deathmatch.

I'd rather see a push for Grand Theft Auto San Andreas servers, they have a lot of fun.

TnB is quite classy and there is VERY little DM.

Riperzz
1 Mar 2010, 03:32pm
RP Servers are best :)

FaTaL FaZio
1 Mar 2010, 04:33pm
Sounds like a lot fun! But it would be pretty difficult to make..

Riperzz
2 Mar 2010, 03:39pm
All we need is to make gmod rp server or hl2dm rp server

CandleJack
2 Mar 2010, 03:45pm

You think everything is shitty

Jazzyy
2 Mar 2010, 04:13pm
You think everything is shitty

I just said in that same sentence that GTA RP was classy. lol.

SoulKeeper
2 Mar 2010, 04:59pm
Do want.