PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft II

Pulse
10 Jan 2010, 06:48pm
I am eager to hear news of Starcraft II, any discussion on the game itself, realse date, the 3 indivual game/campaigns, etc.

Ganzta
10 Jan 2010, 06:56pm
http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424
http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1562
http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3364
http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11545

Even though I'm still looking forward for it, I have sort of gotten over the hype after 2 years

Pulse
10 Jan 2010, 07:27pm

Even though I'm still looking forward for it, I have sort of gotten over the hype after 2 years

I guess I should have looked it up first, I understand why there are a bunch of forums considering this game is sooooooooooooo slowly getting done. If they release the new WoW expack first then fuck blizzard.

Zealot
10 Jan 2010, 10:20pm

Same sorta, but then I watch the battle reports and jizz myself.

Italian Jew
10 Jan 2010, 10:27pm
Blizzard is just holding it over South Korea's head as leverage. Until they have something Blizzard wants, Blizzard won't release the game.

SilentGuns
10 Jan 2010, 10:37pm
This game has to be great, or all the time we wait for it will be worthles. Looking foward to its data editor actually.

Ganzta
10 Jan 2010, 11:24pm
Blizzard is just holding it over South Korea's head as leverage. Until they have something Blizzard wants, Blizzard won't release the game.

gee gee gee?

Mephisto
14 Jan 2010, 01:46am
their taking toooooo long to get this out, SC 1 will probably stay the best anyway

SilentGuns
14 Jan 2010, 07:03am
They want it to be near to perfect so it will be as popular as Starcraft 1. Give it some time.

Red
14 Jan 2010, 09:36am
They've lost whatever marketing capital they had when they first released screenshots and gameplay footage.

At this point I don't really give a shit anymore, they've taken way too fucking long on this.

Zealot
14 Jan 2010, 11:00am
The only thing that pisses me off is the campaigns are being sold separately. I'm still probably going to buy them all.

SilentGuns
14 Jan 2010, 11:15am
yea but they are 3 epic campaigns. Very long.

Zealot
14 Jan 2010, 11:22am
yea but they are 3 epic campaigns. Very long.

I hope they do something like 50-60$ for the Terran campaign + Multiplayer (which is what they're doing I believe) and hopefully only $20 each for Zerg and Protoss. OR offer a 3 pack special edition that comes with a marine helmet!!!

Eldest
16 Jan 2010, 07:40am
Hint:Buy one campaign so you can play over battle.net, and then "buy" other two campaigns to continue with the story.

b0red
16 Jan 2010, 09:31am
Yeah i really cannot wait for this game. It has taken way to long and if it doesn't release soon I'm not going to buy it. Well I would due to my Korean friend always talking shit how he is amazing.

ITS ALL ABOUT PROTOSS!!!!

Asian-Sensation
16 Jan 2010, 02:20pm
Its going to be epic but i would still think starcraft original is better than anything else

b0red
16 Jan 2010, 02:24pm
Its going to be epic but i would still think starcraft original is better than anything else

Basically its going to be that with new graphics.

Zealot
17 Jan 2010, 07:17am
Basically its going to be that with new graphics.

Have you seen the new units? RTS is all about the strategy, so massing tanks ain't going to work anymore for your insta-GG.

I love protoss but Terran all the way, I'ma be busting around with them reapers.

Ganzta
17 Jan 2010, 01:37pm
am i the only zerg player here?

Dracula
17 Jan 2010, 02:10pm
Protoss\Zerg if that counts ganzta

Mephisto
17 Jan 2010, 06:11pm
anyway, for only extra single player, I think people will get it somewhere else :p

Zealot
17 Jan 2010, 07:24pm
am i the only zerg player here?

No I like zerg to, I love all 3 cause each is unique in their playstyle.

Also Mephisto, if your instigating pirating then count me out, been playing blizzard games since 1998 (minus WoW).

Ganzta
19 Jan 2010, 10:24pm
Sauron zerg!!!!!!!!!

/dev/null
8 Feb 2010, 09:13am
Do you think SC 2 will be as popular as SC 1? Knowing Blizzard, I think it will be. I just hope they don't screw it up like some other game developers have screwed up other games. I hope Battle.NET is better too. Battle.NET in SC 1 is trash.

Zealot
9 Feb 2010, 01:39pm
Do you think SC 2 will be as popular as SC 1? Knowing Blizzard, I think it will be. I just hope they don't screw it up like some other game developers have screwed up other games. I hope Battle.NET is better too. Battle.NET in SC 1 is trash.

Battlenet is getting mad updates, battlenet wasn't bad on SC at all. You can't even compare it to other games in 98'

Sc2 will be awesome, I haven't visited the site in a while and when I went back and saw some of the new things (single player campaign choices that effect the game) I got excited for the release once again.

CookiemonstaJr
10 Feb 2010, 06:33pm
Beta is coming out this month =D
http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/portals.php?show=news&news_id=580196

Jasper
11 Feb 2010, 03:08am
Is it going to be a public beta or am I going to have to pirate it?

Zealot
11 Feb 2010, 03:31am
They have my info -_-

I'm signed up through battle.net cause of my warcraft cdkeys and there's a beta option.

Jasper
11 Feb 2010, 02:42pm
I found out. Someone said something like 40,000 beta keys were going to be given out. That's less than a 1 in 100 chance of getting to play the game.

Silentfaith
11 Feb 2010, 07:57pm
I found out. Someone said something like 40,000 beta keys were going to be given out. That's less than a 1 in 100 chance of getting to play the game.

Damn

Metal
11 Feb 2010, 08:08pm
Asians will play this for years.

SullenSky
12 Feb 2010, 02:03am
Yep, Full got it right. I still play SC1, though I lost the game. I just play on another network called "The Abyss" from Iccup.

Jasper
12 Feb 2010, 04:04am
I just opted-in for the SC2 beta. Crossing my fingers.

The new Battle.net allows you to link your CD key to your Bnet profile, and you can download the game from any computer when your logged in. I found my SC copy and the disc was ruined, but I was able to just download it. Sweet.

SilentGuns
12 Feb 2010, 05:21am
I opted in months ago already, when the opt in opened.

Jasper
17 Feb 2010, 09:34pm
Any of you d00ds get a beta key? I'm still waiting and wishing.

SilentGuns
17 Feb 2010, 10:19pm
Any of you d00ds get a beta key? I'm still waiting and wishing.

they send the keys at the end of the month

Jasper
17 Feb 2010, 11:24pm
People are playing the beta as we type.

SilentGuns
18 Feb 2010, 05:40am
People are playing the beta as we type.

ok ok, maybe the Koreans but the world wide release it at the end of the month. Unless you can find news that say otherwise.

Jasper
18 Feb 2010, 07:11am
ok ok, maybe the Koreans but the world wide release it at the end of the month. Unless you can find news that say otherwise.

http://forums.battle.net/board.html?forumId=12009&sid=3000

Just check in there. A lot of people have gotten keys already.

Dracula
18 Feb 2010, 12:56pm
Hopin I get a key and Silent your wrong.

SilentGuns
18 Feb 2010, 01:57pm
:(

Jasper
23 Feb 2010, 10:54pm
Must.........

.....get.........

......beta.........

SilentGuns
24 Feb 2010, 04:41am
If you get a beta key, SELL IT and use the money to buy the entire game when it is released.

Karnivor
24 Feb 2010, 11:53am
Several of my friends managed to get into the beta... and it is insane.

If you opted in, keep in mind that blizzard lets in roughly 10 waves of beta players.

Zealot
24 Feb 2010, 02:30pm
Several of my friends managed to get into the beta... and it is insane.

If you opted in, keep in mind that blizzard lets in roughly 10 waves of beta players.

I'm assuming good pc's get the first go, to work out optimization issues. So I gotta wait.

SilentGuns
24 Feb 2010, 03:03pm
I'm assuming good pc's get the first go, to work out optimization issues. So I gotta wait.

Then were is my beta key...

SullenSky
24 Feb 2010, 05:30pm
If I don't get my beta key, I'll rage so hard.

Jasper
25 Feb 2010, 10:36am
I was thinking maybe they'd let the shit PC's play it, to test minimum system requirements and such.

Not that my dual core Pentium 4 3.00GHz processor is shit or anything.

Karnivor
26 Feb 2010, 06:14pm

Nope, they generally pick a balanced mix of them, some that are just bare minimum requirements, some that are way over the top and even some below minimum.

Pulse
26 Feb 2010, 06:29pm
Asians will play this for years.

For sure, maybe 10+

Zealot
26 Feb 2010, 08:07pm
Well they're releasing in waves so I hope I get one.

Pulse
28 Feb 2010, 09:24am
Well they're releasing in waves so I hope I get one.

^

Dracula
28 Feb 2010, 09:53am
Sigh... wish i was on the GR staff for this wouldve gotten one =[

SilentGuns
28 Feb 2010, 02:39pm
Iv managed to play but only againt the AI. I don't have a key.

Figure it out.

yes, it is starcraft 1 with upgraded graphics and a few new units . Well... and its great!!!

Pulse
28 Feb 2010, 05:57pm
Iv managed to play but only againt the AI. I don't have a key.

Figure it out.

yes, it is starcraft 1 with upgraded graphics and a few new units . Well... and its great!!!

Kinda right, it is also a big plot development, with a lot of new, changed and removed units. Plus, like you said, upgraded graphics.

Zealot
1 Mar 2010, 07:53am
It's a way different game from 98' the choices you make in the campaign affect the end/each other campaign which is fucking exciting. Meaning you can play through multiple times and each campaign is supposedly 90 missions each which is fucking epic.

SilentGuns
1 Mar 2010, 08:22am
I cant wait for its data editor! Fun times will be had.

Pulse
1 Mar 2010, 03:48pm
It's a way different game from 98' the choices you make in the campaign affect the end/each other campaign which is fucking exciting. Meaning you can play through multiple times and each campaign is supposedly 90 missions each which is fucking epic.

:(, does anyone know if they are releasing all the "games" or just the terran based one. I would much prefer to play 90 missions on Protoss...

Bullet Wound
1 Mar 2010, 06:30pm
:(, does anyone know if they are releasing all the "games" or just the terran based one. I would much prefer to play 90 missions on Protoss...

Its gonna go like this:

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty - Terran Missions

StarCraft II : Heart of the Swarm - Zerg Missions

StarCraft II : Legacy of the Void - Protoss Missions

With the first game being the core of the game, and the rest being more or less expansions, much like Brood War was an expansion to Starcraft.

Zealot
2 Mar 2010, 07:38am
Its gonna go like this:

With the first game being the core of the game, and the rest being more or less expansions, much like Brood War was an expansion to Starcraft.

^ this

None the less will be worth the money if there's a collector's edition or something. I want a god damn reaper statue.

Pulse
2 Mar 2010, 01:19pm
Its gonna go like this:

What do you mean by first game? Wings of Liberty? I don't want to have buy the first one in order to buy 3rd one- while I also don't want to wait more than a month or so to play because I want the 3rd one.
I think you mean that you can buy any of the games and its basically the game with the single player centralized around one particular faction, but i'm still not sure what the deal is completely.

Adam
2 Mar 2010, 09:44pm
I have a strong feeling in my heart that this game will get delayed till 2011.
And I will LOL so loud and so great that even font size 72 wont be able to comprehend my LOL.

jmd787
2 Mar 2010, 10:34pm
playing the beta right now

Zealot
3 Mar 2010, 07:12am
What do you mean by first game? Wings of Liberty? I don't want to have buy the first one in order to buy 3rd one- while I also don't want to wait more than a month or so to play because I want the 3rd one.
I think you mean that you can buy any of the games and its basically the game with the single player centralized around one particular faction, but i'm still not sure what the deal is completely.

Wing of liberty is the terran campaign the other 2 will come later. You still get battlenet with all 3 races in WoL though.

b0red
3 Mar 2010, 09:31am
Even though I'm going to have to buy 3 games, I still will because I love the games so much.

SilentGuns
3 Mar 2010, 11:12am
Even though I'm going to have to buy 3 games, I still will because I love the games so much.

old tip: buy WoL and well... ''borrow'' the rest.

Adam
3 Mar 2010, 09:41pm
Finally played the beta. Sexy as hell. <3

Zealot
4 Mar 2010, 07:23am

Same here, no borrowing the rest -_-

Pulse
4 Mar 2010, 01:46pm
old tip: buy WoL and well... ''borrow'' the rest.

...For some reason I never thought to just download the other campaigns when they were released, ty!

Bullet Wound
4 Mar 2010, 02:13pm

Nope not what I mean.

Each Campaign will tell a part of the story, from one races perspective. However the story spans all three games.

Starcraft 2 was originally meant to be one game, however the felt that it was too much to put into one game (people were getting impatient and wanted the game sooner/three games means blizzard gets more money).

Like I said, first game will be the core game, rest are expansion. I'm sure you will need to buy the first 2, or at least the first one, in order to played the third.

I'm not sure how long the wait will be, chances are it will be 4+ months per expansion.

Pulse
5 Mar 2010, 09:18am
Nope not what I mean.

Each Campaign will tell a part of the story, from one races perspective. However the story spans all three games.

Starcraft 2 was originally meant to be one game, however the felt that it was too much to put into one game (people were getting impatient and wanted the game sooner/three games means blizzard gets more money).

Like I said, first game will be the core game, rest are expansion. I'm sure you will need to buy the first 2, or at least the first one, in order to played the third.

I'm not sure how long the wait will be, chances are it will be 4+ months per expansion.

Ah I see thanks, I guess I have waited this long, might as well wait another 8 months.

Asian-Sensation
5 Mar 2010, 09:56pm
Well i heard that BLIZZARD has finished the maps for the campaign's (single player). You can torrent it which im doing right nao I heard from my brother(downstairs) said its SO MUCH FUN 5/5. But guess what sucks, its in Japanese : (. I may or may not send the torrent link depending if the website is up or down, this is just for you eager people out there wanting to play this game.

Q: Am i allowed to do this, sending links to other games?
just want to be clear on things first.

jmd787
24 Mar 2010, 07:28am
anyone else in beta???? pm me if you guys want to play some time

Ganzta
24 Mar 2010, 03:39pm
anyone else in beta???? pm me if you guys want to play some time

diaf

Pulse
24 Mar 2010, 07:18pm
Rather than just looking it up, anyone know when Beta ends? I haven't been accepted into it yet, but I have gotten a lot of play time, I want to play people and/or just do the campaign.